UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is getting a bit silly! You say that you say you have been threatened with, and received letters from 'court proceedings'. What on earth is that?

A firm has a long way to go to get a 'judgement' and it is noyhing that they can 'issue', only 'apply' for. They have to take you to court, you defend, then lose, THEN, not pay them for 14 days before the can apply for any Judgeme t, so you can still sot them in their tracks AFTER the event (should that ever happen).

This is getting a bit silly! You say that you say you have been threatened with, and received letters from 'court proceedings'. What on earth is that?

A firm has a long way to go to get a 'judgement' and it is noyhing that they can 'issue', only 'apply' for. They have to take you to court, you defend, then lose, THEN, not pay them for 14 days before the can apply for any Judgeme t, so you can still sot them in their tracks AFTER the event (should that ever happen).

Buzby, a company called 'Court Proceedings Limited' has cropped up lately, they are just one of the PPCs new names to scare people.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Reddogs, you are doing the right thing by ignoring them. The letters you are getting are from a company calling themselfs " Court proceedings ltd".

They are a private company with a scarey name, nothing more, It is exactly the same [problem] only using different company names. If in the unlikley event that you actualy receive a propper court claim you will be given every chance to defend it. The company have to then prove that you owe them any money, which is very difficult for them, which is why they do not take you to court. They hope that their letters will scare you into paying them and that is how they make their money.If i made up my own company and called it"Commital to prison or death by execution collection service ltd" Would you pay me the £130 i say you owe me for this advice? ( by the way you do not owe me anything ! )

hello all:-)

Buzby, a company called 'Court Proceedings Limited' has cropped up lately, they are just one of the PPCs new names to scare people.

regards

Would in not be great if someone (like the Court) pursued them for misrepresentation?

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i need help with a parking fine from UKPC. i got a parking fine for picking up my girlfriend from her place of work MATALAN at the time. i arrive slightly early and thought it wouldnt be a problem to wait. the letter was sent to my previous address before i had chance to change address with DVLA so therefore i have been sent 3 letters demanding payment for the ticket which i was unaware of as my parents didnt tell me they had been sent.

i was going to write to UKPC and advise that i was only in the car park to pick up my girlfriend from her place of work and did not leave my car the entire time i was there and the reason i have not replied is that the letters were sent to my old address but i would advise that i am not liable for the charges as i did not enter into any agreement/contract.

what should i do? please help

hi, i need help with a parking fine from UKPC. i got a parking fine for picking up my girlfriend from her place of work MATALAN at the time. i arrive slightly early and thought it wouldnt be a problem to wait. the letter was sent to my previous address before i had chance to change address with DVLA so therefore i have been sent 3 letters demanding payment for the ticket which i was unaware of as my parents didnt tell me they had been sent.

i was going to write to UKPC and advise that i was only in the car park to pick up my girlfriend from her place of work and did not leave my car the entire time i was there and the reason i have not replied is that the letters were sent to my old address but i would advise that i am not liable for the charges as i did not enter into any agreement/contract.

what should i do? please help

You've not been fined. You've recieved an unenforceable invoice from a company that thinks you're a mug. Your protestations of innocence will be ignored if you write, they have your (old) address and they'll continue to harass it. They have no idea where you really are, and will not expend the time to find out (as they cannot update their info). Ignore.

Edited by buzby

hey guys

quick update, i got another letter this morning and i quote....

**FINAL REMINDER NOTICE DO NOT IGNORE**

the initial parking charge of £100 has now been increased to £125 to cover admin costs.

the amount payable is now £125 by 20/10/2010

failure to pay the full outstanding balance by the due date may result in a further charge of £25 to cover admin costs.

further failure to pay could result in UK parking control Ltd instructing a debt collection agency to collect the outstanding amount.

blah blah

now im no expert but can they legally get a debt collection agency onto me/us?

I noticed today that my local Tesco has given UKPC the heave-ho at long last. When I asked one of the staff what the reason was she said that they had had so many complaints from customers about UKPC's dodgy practices and unpleasant staff that they'd dispensed with their services. Wonder how many customers they lost before the penny dropped?

It's worth complaining, folks. Every little helps.........

Tesco are a very interesting case regarding parking. All the signage seems to indicate that the supermarket themselves are supervising the parking, operating the ANPR system, and dishing out the "penalties". It's only when you delve deeper that you find that there is a PPC lurking in the background doing all this work.

It's the same with at least two universities (York and Bradford). You think you are dealing with the "estates department" of the UNI, when in fact a PPC in Northampton is supervising the parking.

Lamma,

There's no-one else in to replace them. Parking was never a problem there, until UKPC arrived that is! The end result was that people voted with their feet and went 500 yards down the road to Asda, Wilkinsons and Lidl. Not sure if they'll return.

good to hear they have not brought anyone else. mind telling us which tesco, would be good to know so it could be held up as a good branch to the others that take part on the [problem]. I think its down to the branch manager - aren't they 'king' in retail outlets ? If I am right we know who to target at each branch :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks