UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All, this is my first post here. I have been issued with a PCN from UKPC, I have already attempted an appeal with them but im pretty sure im just getting their bog standard reply letters, especially after reading posts on this website and others like it for the past 2 hours lol!

As I have already appealed through their website, and then after receiving their first letter I sent them an email, Ive now received a second letter warning me to pay or the matter will be passed to a debt recovery agency! I was going to just pay up but now having second thoughts after doing a lot of reading up on UKPC. Below is a copy of the email I sent them last week. Any advice on what I should do next would be good. Obviously I have admitted to them that I was the driver now.

One thing I am going to do though is go back to this car park and check what signage there is and what they say.

------------

Hello,

I am writing regarding PCN No. xxxxxxxxx relating to vehicle registration xxxxxx. I made an appeal online regarding the issuing of this parking ticket and have since recieved a letter from you declining my appeal.

I am really not happy in this matter and really do feel the ticket was issued unfairly. Especially since your own staff which I spoke to on the day of the ticket being issued aggree with me!!

The letter you have sent has not covered any of the reasons I gave in my online appeal and it appears you have not taken into consideration my view point.

To re-itterate from my original appeal: The car in question is a rare, classic car, a xxxxxxx, it is not my everyday car. The reason I was visiting Ashton Moss that day was to look at possibly arranging the promotional use of the car for xxxxxxxxxxx.

The car is quite wide, more so than normal cars, add to this the fact that the doors open un-usually (as in outwards then upwards - Gull wing doors) and the fact that because of the type of car it is I didnt want to risk somebody parking very close to me I decided to park accross two parking bays. I was not on site long and didnt think this would be an issue. Mainly because it was blatently obvious that if I parked this car normally it would be tight in the bay, possibly meaning someone would end up trying to squeeze in beside the car, getting too close. Also that since this was 14:00 on a friday afternoon and the car park is so big and was mostly empty I couldnt see it being an issue, this really being the main reason I did it - there are hundreds of unused spaces available at the time! Meaning it would bother no one.

I came back to find a parking notice on the windscreen along with a scratch on the screen which I KNOW was not there previously.

I find it rediculas that when I parked a rare car which attracts a lot of attention from poeple, practically for a short period of time, harming no one at all, in a mostly empty car park I was issued a ticket. I understand the rule you have, but I have to admit I didnt even know about the rule at this car park before the incident, I didnt blatently flout it, I thought because the car park is not a pay and display one, that it wouldnt even have parking attendants, I was surprised to find out it did have attendants. The ticket issued is due to parking over into another bay, however the car park was not short of space! and I had good reason for it. I didnt want to risk another vehicle parking too close while I wasnt there to long anyway.

I spoke to your staff in the parking/security office. The person I spoke to understood where I was coming from, and aggreed straight away and told me that he knew that if Id have parked normally I would have had someone inevitibly squeeze in beside me, my car being wide and with the type of doors it has he understood. He told me his colleague issued the ticket and that he even disaggreed with his colleague and told him so at the time. He told me if it had been him, he would have made an exception. They had been watching the car on security cameras and noticed the attention it gets from poeple. However he told me the ticket was logged on the system and I would have to appeal on line, which I did.

As I said I understand the rules, but ask you make an exception in this case. The car park was mainly empty, in the time of day when the place is not busy at all, I was in a unusual car, which I do not want to risk being damaged in any way, so I wouldnt risk other cars squeezing in beside it, it was attracting a lot of attention from other visitors, and bothering no one at all. I do not aggree with this PCN and to make it more frustrating some of your own staff on this site aggreed with me and my reasons here.

To make it even more frustrating, the PCN wasnt even filled out correctly, the vehicle make is stated completely wrong, the vehicle make stated as DODGE, wrong.

And as ive said there is a visible mark on the windscreen of the car, I know this wasnt there before, the car is in mint condition and well looked after, I dont know what caused it, I can only guess what caused it, but this adds to my frustration!!

I cant believe you can seriously justify a £80 penalty for this, even if it is the reduced £40 rate, I still find this day light robbery. You call this an offence, who was offended???

Please reconsider this PCN.

Regards,

Not sure whether this is worth persuing so any advice is welcome. I know I parked the car over into another bay, am not refuting that but I still think it is unfair, as it was bothering no one, the car park was mostly empty, otherwise I wouldnt have done it.

Cheers.

Illegible/overwritten PCN

Recently I recieved PCN and I am in the wrong, though I did not knew as I have seen many parking there before. Anyway the notice is not legible/overwritten as it is completely malaligned.

1. I cannot read the PCN number / I showed to few my friends and they could not read either.

2. The spece for reduced fine and full fine is empty.

3. All writting is malaligned and there are many numbers all over the place, like time, attendant number, the fine etc. The amount of fine is also overwritten and I cannot read it at all.

Can I challenge the PCN based on not issuing the notice properly?

The attendant not taking reasonable care to issue the notice

If they reject the appeal, what should I do?

Sorry - I didnt know how to start a new thread and posted as reply.

I've just had another letter from Court Proceedings saying this is the Final Notice before County Court Action. I am ignoring it as I have ignored everything - bar the first letter when I emailed and stated my disablity etc, but of course got no reply. I just hope someone will visit me with a fruit cake with a file in!

hey guys *waves*

i found this place just after i got my second letter from UKPC.

my first letter was a fine claiming they had photographic evidence of my parking in mcdonalds, i have never been in mcdonalds in my life i was actually parked in the cinema.

i immediately posted an appeal (i maybe should have done some searching first)

got my second letter today saying...

`the PCN was issued correctly according to the DVLA code of practice for the management of camera controlled private car parks and british association guidelines`

it goes on to say the terms and conditions are clearly displayed throughout the carpark, there not of course.

looking though the many internet post it looks like i should ignore this?

any advice?

thanks

Edited by flashpants

hey guys *waves*

i found this place just after i got my second letter from UKPC.

my first letter was a fine claiming they had photographic evidence of my parking in mcdonalds, i have never been in mcdonalds in my life i was actually parked in the cinema.

i immediately posted an appeal (i maybe should have done some searching first)

got my second letter today saying...

`the PCN was issued correctly according to the DVLA code of practice for the management of camera controlled private car parks and british association guidelines`

it goes on to say the terms and conditions are clearly displayed throughout the carpark, there not of course.

looking though the many internet post it looks like i should ignore this?

any advice?

thanks

Yes your instinct is right, ignore and all the subsequent rubbish they will send you.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Illegible/overwritten PCN

Recently I recieved PCN and I am in the wrong, though I did not knew as I have seen many parking there before. Anyway the notice is not legible/overwritten as it is completely malaligned.

1. I cannot read the PCN number / I showed to few my friends and they could not read either.

2. The spece for reduced fine and full fine is empty.

3. All writting is malaligned and there are many numbers all over the place, like time, attendant number, the fine etc. The amount of fine is also overwritten and I cannot read it at all.

Can I challenge the PCN based on not issuing the notice properly?

The attendant not taking reasonable care to issue the notice

If they reject the appeal, what should I do?

Sorry - I didnt know how to start a new thread and posted as reply.

Who issued the pcn to you?

Was it the council/police or a private parking company?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Private companies CAN issue legitimate PCNs. Many Council's now outsource their services, so it is no guarantee that a private contractor is playing the usual game - where were you parked, a store or retail car park? If so, the PCN's are only invitations to pay, and invoice if you like. Ans yes, most folk assume that if the DVL:A have handed out their details, thew claim is legit. (Which is of course nnsense!).

the notice wording is interesting.

A PARKING CHARGE OF £ --- IS PAYABLE WITHIN 28 DAYS.A REDUCED CHARGE OF£ --- IS PAYABLE IF PAYMENT.....

THIS PARKING CHARGE NOTICE HAS BEEN LAWFULLY ISSUED.

......CIVIL ACTION BEING TAKEN TO RECOVER PARKING CHARGE.

Everywhere they used the word 'parking charge'. It is a free car park and can they charge parking fee if the car is parked outside a parking bay in a free car park. I can understand the right to fine for 'illegal parking' but parking charge for parking outside a bay?

English is a wonderful language - multiple meanings for the same word. You a mean to think their 'charge' is the same as a criminal wrong. But it is only descriptive, like a telephone charge.... it's all very 'uncivil'...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks