UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Great Webiste!

Ive been following this thread as I too have recieved a PCN from UKPC.

I sent a letter back saying i know nothing about parking in the said car park, but then they sent a picture of my car entering and leaving with the times.

This however was at 11pm at night and so its very dark and you cant see the driver.

So after reading this site I sent a letter back saying i will not be paying any fine as i dont believe i was the driver, and that they have to prove that "I" entered into a contract with them.

I also warned on the last letter that any further letters from them would mean that I could activate the harrasment rule.

They have now sent a Final Notice and are threatening me, and after calling them the "Thick" guy on the phone said the letters wont stop until the fine is paid and i am welcome to sue them for harrassment.

I need some help here, as i dont want anything to go down against me on my credit....and further advise for me?

Also has anyone actually gone down the harrassment route here?

Thanks all

Wez

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post 1107 in this thread.

Perky = Micheal Perkins of CPS aka 'Planet Perky'

search for 'the pepipoo challenge' which perky still hasn't taken up.

too busy trying to sell the caff I guess.

Sorry I was looking for a new thread.

Well, i want these letters to stop and it doesnt seem like they are going to unless I do something else.

Is there anything I can do here? Can I take action against them for trying to demand money without proving that "I" was the driver?

Does anyone have a contact I can use to finalise this?

Sorry I was looking for a new thread.

Well, i want these letters to stop and it doesnt seem like they are going to unless I do something else.

Is there anything I can do here? Can I take action against them for trying to demand money without proving that "I" was the driver?

Does anyone have a contact I can use to finalise this?

They will just ignore any letter and treat you as a "hooked fish" and bombard you with even more.

If you absolutely feel you have do something then have a read of the template letters in the stickies section.

Your best bet is to ignore them and they will eventually give up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing though and someone with a bit of legal background may be able to advise on this, but they have stated the following on the letter which I think is just scare tactics, but if so surely they shouldnt be putting misleading information down:

"Failure to pay the full balance outstanding within 7 days of the date of this notice could result in the balance outstanding being registered as a debt against you in the County Court. (Can it? I thought you only get the debt marked against you if you fail to pay after the CCJ?)

A warrent may then be issued to baliffs to recover your payment. You will also become liable for the additional fees of the County Court and the baliff together with any legal costs and interest involved. (Now im really scared, NOT, but do they have any truth in their statement?)

Your ability to obtain credit in the future could be affected. (But can it if it did go to a CCJ and I ended up paying the original £95? )

I have wrote 3 letters now, so I am not bothering anymore, unless its one that will scare them into not wanting to deal with me.

As noted by pin1onu,-do not enter into further correspondence. Youll get a few letters from them and thier DCA but they'll give up soon enough:D

"Failure to pay the full balance outstanding within 7 days of the date of this notice could result in the balance outstanding being registered as a debt against you in the County Court. (Can it? I thought you only get the debt marked against you if you fail to pay after the CCJ?)

A warrent may then be issued to baliffs to recover your payment. You will also become liable for the additional fees of the County Court and the baliff together with any legal costs and interest involved. (Now im really scared, NOT, but do they have any truth in their statement?)

Your ability to obtain credit in the future could be affected. (But can it if it did go to a CCJ and I ended up paying the original £95? )

See highlighted words in blue for clues.

One thing though and someone with a bit of legal background may be able to advise on this, but they have stated the following on the letter which I think is just scare tactics, but if so surely they shouldnt be putting misleading information down:

What they mean is that we may take you to court (they wont)-their desperate and trying to scare.

A warrent may then be issued to baliffs to recover your payment. You will also become liable for the additional fees of the County Court and the baliff together with any legal costs and interest involved. (Now im really scared, NOT, but do they have any truth in their statement?) A bailiff warrant is only issued if you go to court, you lose then cannot/will not pay-its very much a last resort

Your ability to obtain credit in the future could be affected. (But can it if it did go to a CCJ and I ended up paying the original £95? ) Nonsense!

:) and as freakyleaky has stated,-notice how many 'could's' and 'may's' are mentioned in the letters!!!

Edited by DDWales
spelling

Defo gonna recommend this site to people like us that wont put up with this bullying culture.

Freaky - Exactly what I thought when I read it.

Makes me want to go down to their office and smack some heads together!

Defo gonna recommend this site to people like us that wont put up with this bullying culture.

I would recommend never resorting to violence, foul language or any other underhand tactics.

Leave that to them.:lol:

Its crazy but thats how the PPCs get away with it. People have little knowledge of how they work and take the 'threatograms' at face value as they think they'll end up in court or face bailiffs. Good luck and spread the word! :D

I did laugh at the guy on the other end of the phone earlier, he didnt like it when i said "your not very bright are you?"

He said he was very offended ha ha, so I followed it up with "Thats probably why you sit answering these phone calls for a two bob firm".

He really didnt like that one!

"Thats probably why you sit answering these phone calls for a two bob firm".

Value of this ppc seems to have bucked the present financial trend and actually gone up!!!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

so hi all, great site. have been using it to send two letters to ukpc. got a third which i ignored. then got a letter from uk search on monday. so i was going to send them a reply telling them the ticket is in dispute but the post office said the address or po box was not on their system?????? hmmm wht to do!!!!!!!!!!

i'll uess i'll just ignore them as well.

Hi the address worked fine for me i sent them a reply last week recorded delivery as i was advised too, not received a reply yet tho!!

i know i should probabaly send it but the girl in the post office said it did not register on the computer, she could send it manually but it would probably come back as address not found. Didn't fancy having to pay for the recorded delivery for nothing. But want to send them letter to show them the ticket is indispute. Maybe post it tomorrow anyway at least i will have a recipt that i sent a reply.

I haven't even got my first letter yet! I've been waiting for about 1 and a half weeks now for it to come so i can laugh at it!

Guess i won't be able to pay the reduced fee will i if the letter doesn't get here soon? haha *Oh woe is me!*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks