UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I absolutely love this site, can't believe I've been on the net 2 years and not come across it before.

I received a ticket from UKPC for parking at tamblin way, hatfield whilst shopping at aldi in a allocated free space for shoppers. I honestly think I was given the ticket based on my race as I was legally parked and the warden number has been conviently ommitted from the ticket.

I think I'm just going to pay the £40 and never go shopping at aldi again. It seems like a lot of trouble to constantly write letters to theses ****** fraudsters and I think my time is worth more than £40 as I work from home. I admire you guys for standing firm against these scumbags anyway, I just don't have the time to deal with them and I think dealing with these criminals will just worsen my heart disease.

Absolutely, don't pay, if you shopped there you used their parking facilities, so it isn't as if you took the p*ss and didn't use the shop. The next thing will be a demand based on the registered keeper, but just ignore the letters and don't worry. It may get scary, because they use official looking letters and documents. Unless you get a real court order, which is unlikley, nothing will happen, no matter what they write to you. If you pay, it is that, that keeps them receiveing money and carrying on, if no one paid these fines they would go out of businness.

I think I'm just going to pay the £40 and never go shopping at aldi again. It seems like a lot of trouble to constantly write letters to theses ****** fraudsters and I think my time is worth more than £40 as I work from home. I admire you guys for standing firm against these scumbags anyway, I just don't have the time to deal with them and I think dealing with these criminals will just worsen my heart disease.

What are you playing at sir?

Ignore them, ignore them, ignore them.

It only requires ignoring some letters that come through your letterbox. It's easier to do that then write a cheque, buy and stamp and go to post office.

Hi All, glad to see more people telling this lot where to go :)

Just popped on to remind everyone to spread the word about this site - tell everyone you know and tell them to do the same -I was in the hairdressers when I heard one of the stylists saying how she was going to have to pay one of their fines - I soon put her on the right track!!

Keep up the good work guys (and gals)

As the truth spreads about the unenforcible invoices (begging letters) that PPCs try to pass off as lawful, more and more potential victims of these scams realise that they do NOT need to pay a penny and can safely ignore the empty threats and bluster that PPCs will use to try and intimidate the gullible into needlessly parting with their cash. The end result will be that most if not all of these parasitic companies will be forced out of business and go bust, that will be a real cause for celebration and cannot come a moment too soon.

Lets all keep up the pressure on these lowlifes and do all we can to sread the word so as to hasten the day when it is no longer viable to run a business based on model of threats,intimidation and ignorance of the law

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

Don't worry - it simply won't go to court.

To answer your question fully - the lack of a receipt doesn't matter all that much. Remember that it would be up to UKPC to make a case against you as driver, not for you to defend their unsubstantiated accusations. Should it come to it [which it won't] your written statement that you were a cash customer is perfectly good evidence. Your word could not be countermandered without substantial evidence to the contrary from UKPC.

i heard nothing for a month or so now after them offering to reduce the payment to the original £45 or whatever it was (it had risen to £115 and the baliffs were coming etc etc...).

it just shows that they have no legal right and talk a load of "$%^$,

ukpc is a national scandal...

its even more of a scandal that people just pay up...

theyre just mugging people in a different way...

b&q have lost £££££ in trade off me and my family,

serves em right for using illegal jobsworths to patrol their bit of tarmac.

good luck everyone and thanks for the advice...

dont pay em a penny.

you wernt given a ticket coz of your race richy,

you were given one coz theyre robbing ****!!!

i got a lovley picture of my car parked perfectly with my 'fine'.

you have to see it to believe it,

i show it everyone who comes round and they all laugh (and avoid b&q now).

Can i just confirm with all you people in the know that the registered keeper is NOT legally liable for the fine. We are having bother with UKPC who persist in sending unpleasnt letters to my elderly mother even though i was the one who parked the car. Weve written to them , told them that the contract is with the driver ( who we are not naming as not obliged to). They are maintaining it is with the owner and that their parking notices make this fact clear. they are threatening all sorts and she is panicing and wanting to pay up. she is actually terrified that bailifs are going to come to the house. I am sayinghold fast. I expected them not to cave in at the first refusal but I am worried for my mum as she is gettin in a real state. They said if we could send the shop receipt they would wave it but we no longer have it - we didnt think to keep it as we were "charged" with leaving the car park and were not told that this could be later used in our defence. I spoke to a policewoman today who feels that legally the driver is not responsible but not beng an expert on civil law coudl not say with certainty. We will write again and tell them to get lost but I just want to be 100% certain. has anybody ever been taken to court by these sharks?

Hi everyone,just registered and need help with a ukpc parking ticket i recieved. we parked in the barbican leisure centre on 26/05/08 outside of a "designated parking bay". There were no spaces at all left and so i parked on a kerb well out of anyones way. we put my mums disabled badge on display and went to the cinema.

i recived the fine with photo in the post saying the usual £80.00 within 14 days , 50 % discount if paid within 7 days.

i appealed to this telling them my reasons etc.

i had a letter back on 03/06/08 saying there are sufficient signs displayed and as the registered owner / keeper i must pay within 7 days.

the problem is that i am the registered keeper , i was driving at the time and i wasn`t officially in a bay.

i returned to the scene this evening and checked for signs, unfortunately there are signs around ( small ones be it). i also saw many other vehicles with tickets on them for being in the "wrong place".

i went into the office to have my say but there was no one available to talk to , only a cctv operator who was sympathetic with my plight.

(the car park is privately owned by the way). i would like to know if there anything else i can do or should i just shut up & pay up as i only have a couple of days left before the rate goes up. thanks guys.

Well, it's been awhile (over a month) since I got the letter from UKPC saying that if I could send them a copy of a receipt from the time I got "fined" by them they would drop all matters. Sent them a copy and considered it case closed.

Oh, how wrong was I??

We had a message on the answer phone last night from Rossendales Collects asking us to call them back, and this is still on going. However the surprisenly nice lady on the phone did say that if I sent them a copy of the receipt they would consider the case closed.

Now where did I put that blooming thing......????

Hi everyone,just registered and need help with a ukpc parking ticket i recieved. we parked in the barbican leisure centre on 26/05/08 outside of a "designated parking bay". There were no spaces at all left and so i parked on a kerb well out of anyones way. we put my mums disabled badge on display and went to the cinema.

i recived the fine with photo in the post saying the usual £80.00 within 14 days , 50 % discount if paid within 7 days.

i appealed to this telling them my reasons etc.

i had a letter back on 03/06/08 saying there are sufficient signs displayed and as the registered owner / keeper i must pay within 7 days.

the problem is that i am the registered keeper , i was driving at the time and i wasn`t officially in a bay.

i returned to the scene this evening and checked for signs, unfortunately there are signs around ( small ones be it). i also saw many other vehicles with tickets on them for being in the "wrong place".

i went into the office to have my say but there was no one available to talk to , only a cctv operator who was sympathetic with my plight.

(the car park is privately owned by the way). i would like to know if there anything else i can do or should i just shut up & pay up as i only have a couple of days left before the rate goes up. thanks guys.

I would strongly suggest that instead of just posting and asking for answers, that you read back over the rest of the thread to inform yourself of the status and advised course of action when dealing with this PPC.

Hello helpful people, I too have run afoul of the UKPC, but my situation is slightly trickier. Allow me to explain:

I stopped on the side of a road to answer an important phone call. Whilst stopped (for under a minute!) a photo was taken of me and I was subsequently sent a parking fine for £95!!!

I wrote back, saying:

"In appealing against the above notice I would advise you that

1) My car was not parked there

2) Nor was it waiting there

3) The driver, me, was inside the car"

etc...

Unfortunately I didnt realise at the time that admitting it was me in the car would be a problem!

They replied with:

"There are sufficient signs within the area warning vehicle owners that should they leave their vehicles *unattended* without permissions this will result in a Parking Charge Notice being issued by post etc.."

BUT I WAS IN THE CAR AT THE TIME!!!!!!! FOR UNDER A MINUTE!!! :-x:-x:-x

You can't really see me in the car in the photo though. What should I do now?

Don't worry - they've still got nothing.

If it is a single photo, how can they say it was parked and not moving?

The best thing to do now is simply to ignore completely. When you get the letter from a debt collection agency write back saying "The alleged debt is denied completely. Please refer this matter back to UKPC." Ignore all letters from the DCA from then on.

The "registered keeper" is merely the first line of defence, there remain equally strong lines of defence.

Ignore the landfill that will come through your letterbox and keep smiling.

That is exactly what I thought: how can they prove its parked? But the fact is I admitted in my letter that it was stopped whilst I took the phone call. I also admitted it was me in the car. Could they use this as evidence, and take me to court?

Court? You're joking! Their photo shows you in the car, so it wasn't even 'unattended'. Ignore them, if you want to have the edge since you already commenced correspondence, conclude it by saying that you reject their claim, and should they wish to pursue the matter you will defend it with vigour.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks