UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I need some advise my husbands company has received a charge certificate from UKPC for parking at B&Q in the Old Kent Road. The van is registered to my husbands company so the charge is addressed to the company. What's the best way to play this as from reading this forum any contract is between the driver (my husband and UKPC) should we just ignore or appeal. The notice just says unauthorized parking from the picture one wheel may or not be parked on the line of the bay. My husband wants to pay but I have told him that the company is not liable and if he wants to pay he has to pay it out his own pocket he is the type of person UKPC love as he doesn't want a fuss but having read this forum I think it outrageous for this to happen in what is a free car park. He purchased goods in B&Q and we have receipts to prove it an in no way did he prevent someone from parking in the next bay.

I want to appeal and have to by 22nd so your urgent advise would be most appreciated

If it is your husbands company as opposed to him just being an employee of the company you should be home and dry - use the following:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got our details from the DVLA and I confirm that our company is the keeper of the vehicle in question. As this would appear to be a civil matter in respect of an alleged contract you need to take this matter up with the driver concerned. You will appreciate that for reasons of confidentiality and data protection we are not in a position to release individual driver details to members of the public or non official organisations. We are of course happy to cooperate with the police and to respond to orders of court.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from our company.

Yours faithfully

If your husband is an employee he needs to get to the relevant people to make sure that the company do not just pay this on his behalf and look to deduct from his wages.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I sent my first letter to UKPC last week and i got a letter back today which is:

Dear Sir,

Further to your recent letter, these bays are reserved for the disabled. There are suffient signs warning vehicle owners that should they leave their vehicle unattended without a valid disabled badge on display that this will result in a PCN being issued through the post. Unfortunately when your vehicle was photographed no such permit was on display.

There are nearly 8.5 million people with disabilities in this country and driving provides the means for disabled people to access goods and services and being able to park in accessible, wide parking bays are vital parts of this accessibility. We have consulted with and taken advice from organisations for people with disabilities who aim to improve awareness among the general public of the impact misuse has on disabled people. We strongly feel that being disabled brings enough obstacles and difficulties without the misuse of disabled bays and aim to ensure that designated disabled persons parking bays are used only by those entitled to do so.

Your PCN has been on hold whilst on appeal and may be settled at the reduced rate provided payment is received at the above address within 7 days of this letter.

On the bottom of the letter it goes on to say: Unless any additional information or facts are provided, UK Parking Control Limited considers this their final decision regarding this appeal. I f no additional evidence is provided to substiantiate this claim, further correspondence will be noted 7 filed but it will not be responded to.

Can someone advise me what to do now? Thanks.

my dad and mum who is disabled parked in b&q old kent road on valentines day. yesterday my dad who is 70 received a parking ticket from ukpc because his back wheel was touching the line between bays. i took this up today and went to b&q to complain. the lady there gave me a tel. no. for ukpc

TELEPHONE REBECCA ON 020 7087 5626

give Rebecca your complaint and she will deal with it. she has cancelled the false charge set upon my mum and dad. the lady in b&q told me that ukpc dont want us to have this no.

message to ukpc: you are parasites picking on vunerable people. what comes around goes around. YOU ARE ****. why not come and meet me in the car park.

also be careful visiting this place, there were about 20 eastern europeans in the car park today begging. apparently this is ongoing and a regular occurance.

Kapish,

It is apparent that UKPC has not actually responded to your first letter [presumably based upon "take it up with driver not registered keeper]. Either write back to them using most appropriate of Bernie's templates or ignore completely on the grounds that they've actually made their final decision and stated that further correspondence will not be responded to.

Hi everyone,

I have received a very similar letter to Kapish which states:

"Thank you for your recent communication concerning the above Parking Charge Notice. Please rest assured that our Appeals Manager has personally reviewed this case and carefully considered the various points raised. Our view, however, is that these particular circumstances are neither unreasonable nor unjust and so we will not be waiving this parking charge in full.

You will be aware from the Parking Charge Notice that we offer a 50% discount for parking charges paid within 7 days As you lodged an appeal, we are prepared to extend this period for another 14 days from the date of this letter. But if we do not receive your remittance at the reduced rate by 4th March 2008, the full amount will then become payable and we will put the matter in the hands of our Debt Recovery Agents.

We appreciate that this is not the outcome you will have hoped for. Unless you have any additional information that you have not already brought to our attention this decision is final. Although further correspondence will be noted and filed, please do not expect any response from us except where you have provided new evidence to substantiate your case.

We hope you will take advantage of the extended 50% discount period and will send your remittance promptly."

Any advice ..... and if I do hear from the debt recovery agents, do I just ignore the letter. It's getting scary!!! Again they haven't addressed the issue of 'driver of the vehicle' nor provided evidence of any breaking of the car parking rules.

Barnsley Boy

I have just received the following letter from UKPC

"Dear Madam

With reference to the above Parking Notice Charge. As the registered Keeper/ Owner of the vechicle at the time of the contravention you are responsible for the payment of the Parking Charge Notice.

There are sufficient signs within this area warning vechicle owners that should they leave their vechicle unatteneded without permission this will result in a PCN being issued by post."

What is the next line of attack? should I just ignore and wait until it is refer to the debt collection agency or write back.

Gillybeans,

So far, so predictable.

You do know that UKPC are quite wrong when they say this. It is more or less quoted word for word from the Road Traffic Act and refers to powers given to Local Authorities NOT ****** Private Parking Companies.

Suggest Writing Back

Dear Sirs

I am in receipt of your letter dated ******* with regard to the above referenced unsolicited invoice.

I am amazed that you maintain that I, as registered keeper are somehow responsible for contracts alleged to be entered into by the driver. I know this not to be true but feel free to refer me to any relevant statute or applicable case law which would support your groundbreaking claim.

It may be that you are confusing the situation with powers granted to local authorities under the road traffic act, or it may be that you know full well the actual legal position and are seeking to obtain monies from me by misrepresention.

Whichever is the case, in the absence of information requested above I continue to deny the amount you are claiming, or indeed any amount whatsoever is due from you to me.

If you do not concur then I demand that you issue Court proceedings within 14 days or cease and desist from any further contact. Any such claim would be vigourously defended.

Any other form of contact whatsoever, whether by you or your agents, will be regarded as harassment and will be reported as such.

y/f

Hi everyone,

This morning, I received a letter from Hunter Forrest saying that UKPC had put the matter in their hands (usual scheme of things it would appear) as payment had not been received. This proves that they do not read the letters sent to them, because the day before, I received a letter from UKPC giving me until 7th March to pay the reduced fee and if they did not receive payment they would then put it in the hands of their debt collectors!!!!

I will send the letter to Hunter Forrest saying that the matter is in dispute and let's hope that this in an end to the matter.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help two friends out with their UKPC parking fine and I'm glad that I found this site. Looking for the best way to deal with this one.

A friend of mine received a fine for parking at a McDonalds in Livingstone, Scotland for over one hour. But he was not the driver at the time nor was he present. The driver was female.

The driver and the owner of the vehicle live at the same address although it is not the address the vehicle is registered to and is not the address the invoice was sent to (they recently moved)

Should I advise them to simply ignore all the mail that will be going to the old address? The new occupants are under no obligation to provide a forwarding address after all.

Or should the owner of the vehicle follow the advice here and write the standard "I was not the driver at the time, please contact the driver" letter? I was thinking maybe they should point out that if UKPC's CCTV and photographic evidence was so good they might have noticed that the driver was female and the registered owner's first name is that of a male!

Thanks all

Kurtyboy,

The UKPC "fine" is absolutely nothing to worry about. If you wish to reply use Bernie's templates here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

These letters are short and sweet, giving nothing away.

The more serious issue is not updating the registered keeper address with DVLA upon moving house. This is an criminal offence which could lead to a £1000 fine [maximum is more than this - £2000 - £3000 from memory. I would urge you to tell your friend to update his details with the DVLA forthwith.

Kurtyboy,

I don't think recorded delivery is necessary. When you get to the debt collection agency letter, which you will, you attach CC copies of the previous letters sent to your response stating "refer back to UKPC".

It may be easier to send an email [save your sent mail] using hotmail or an alternative rather than your main account.

From UK PC website:

UK PARKING CONTROL LIMITED

Unit 29

1-2 Denham Parade

Oxford Road

Uxbridge UB9 4DZ

Telephone

0870 228 3344

[don't even think about using this]

Facsimile

0870 228 3345

Email

[email protected]

Got hit by UKPC. It's a retail park which me and my girlfriend

park in. We went into the stores the car park is directly for. She wanted

to browse more in them. I got bored went back to the car and then decided to pop to the next retail nearby park on foot. Went back to the car, and then off to another spot to get some cash out. It's the kind of thing I've done now and then from that car park in the past.

There's always loads of spaces and I've felt the freedom and flexibility of parking they give is designed to attract people to park there and use the stores.

There are no fences on the car park (also means its easy to miss the signs and walk off) and people do leave the car park on foot to pop back a bit later. People were doing it that day. Got back to the car to find a ticket for £45 (to double if not paid). Turns out there are some poorly placed signs been put up recently (high up lamposts and stuff like that) and UKPC now control the car park - and one of the clauses says that the owner of the vehicle cannot leave the site. UKPC are waiting to spot you walk off site and smack you.

Supposed to be a nice Sunday outing, turns into a horrible experience and hit by some psuedo big brother of dodgy legality.

As far as I am concerned it has always been a car park which let you park with plenty of free parking. I would never knowingly not pay to park when I must - and why would i risk such a fine? This car park is not a pay one even now. What's their problem? Why enforce this? It's just pure profiteering.

I've never seen such restriction of movement placed on customers who are obviously using the stores.

A part of me thinks pay up because I do not want the stress of this dragging on with these bullies, but I also think it is a lot of money to pay, and I think they manufacture it so people get caught (e.g the poor signs). So not happy. Seem to be some experts on here in dealing with this bunch, any recommendations / easy solutions?

Also is there anyone actually regulating the kind of signs put up in these

car park, the size of the fines, and the shady processes of these racketeers? Or is it up to us comsumers to band together to try and get someone to hear? I understand parking should be

controlled but it seems like these companies exploit and frighten decent people, and profit from it.

Really makes you worry where you can park these days without someone smacking you for some technicality.

Does any one have their address so I can write to them to punch them with my disattisfaction before they send their letters? Or maybe I should wait not bring attention to myself and hope they forget?

I've been reading this with some interest as I have had experience with UKPC and know how worrying this topic can be.

1 many of our bigger stores and other private properties have contracted out management of their car-parking spaces to UKPC but this is a civil matter and nothing to do with the police or local authority.

2 UKPC has no legal right to impose a FINE. In fact their piece of gaudy paper(not a ticket) says this is a 'charge certificate' whatever that is-

3 UKPC has 'borrowed' some of the terminology from local authority tickets to frighten ordinary people.

4 UKPC does operate an in house appeal procedure, which surprise! surprise! usually finds in favour of UKPC.

5 UKPC can only enforce collection of money from you by seeking a court order usually a CCJ-and here comes the good bit - I CAN FIND NO RECORD OF THEM EVER OBTAINING ONE.

6 I know it is worrying to get these constant reminders and implied threats-so why not get a firm of solicitors to handle it but WAIT! there is a firm that will deal with UKPC for a one time charge of £25+VAT-

7 UKPC and friends Hunter Forrest have so far sent me 7 letters/charge certificates-I have forwarded them to my solicitors (seven second class stamps) and the solicitors respond to UKPC.

8 I have no intention of telling UKPC who was drivng the car of which I am the registerd keeper and regard them in the same way as I regard car clampers.

9 Finally please take legal advice or even view Law Answers: free individual legal advice and answers to your legal questions — law answers for advice and answer. {edit}

11 Having been retired 15 years I was going to use Grumpy Old Man as my pen name-I have no commercial interest in any of the above, but hope this sets some minds at rest and stops others from worrying.

I've been reading this with some interest as I have had experience with UKPC and know how worrying this topic can be.

1 many of our bigger stores and other private properties have contracted out management of their car-parking spaces to UKPC but this is a civil matter and nothing to do with the police or local authority.

2 UKPC has no legal right to impose a FINE. In fact their piece of gaudy paper(not a ticket) says this is a 'charge certificate' whatever that is-

3 UKPC has 'borrowed' some of the terminology from local authority tickets to frighten ordinary people.

4 UKPC does operate an in house appeal procedure, which surprise! surprise! usually finds in favour of UKPC.

5 UKPC can only enforce collection of money from you by seeking a court order usually a CCJ-and here comes the good bit - I CAN FIND NO RECORD OF THEM EVER OBTAINING ONE.

6 I know it is worrying to get these constant reminders and implied threats-so why not get a firm of solicitors to handle it but WAIT! there is a firm that will deal with UKPC for a one time charge of £25+VAT-

7 UKPC and friends Hunter Forrest have so far sent me 7 letters/charge certificates-I have forwarded them to my solicitors (seven second class stamps) and the solicitors respond to UKPC.

8 I have no intention of telling UKPC who was drivng the car of which I am the registerd keeper and regard them in the same way as I regard car clampers.

9 Finally please take legal advice or even view Law Answers: free individual legal advice and answers to your legal questions — law answers for advice and answer. {edit}

11 Having been retired 15 years I was going to use Grumpy Old Man as my pen name-I have no commercial interest in any of the above, but hope this sets some minds at rest and stops others from worrying.

No problems with points 1 to 8 of your posting but would take issue with point 9.

Somewhat embarrassingly I went down that road myself for my first PPC "ticket". No - I'm not going to tell you that the service was bad - it does what says on the tin, but it is simply unnecessary. Knowing what I now know, it is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

£25 + Vat is not such a big sum for a solicitor's letter but you can acheive the same results yourself for the price of a few stamps. Bernie's templates are just as good as any solicitor's letter.

Barnsley Boy

UKPC have not responded to my letter but I have now received their final reminder increasing the charge to £90.

Do I ignore it until I here from their debt collectors?

Gillybeans,

It just seems to be a standard letter, they have obviously not responded to your letter, why should you respond to theirs?

In your position I would just ignore this one.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks