Mightyquinn V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am making a claim for my son in law against the Halifax bank and Halifax credit card.I will today be writing letters for the request of statements for both of these accounts, nowing how long it has taken on the other claim I have done it will take all of the 40 days that thay are allowed and probably months before they pay up.

Will post more when statements are received.

If You are on benefits you must read this

Social Security Administration Act 1992

Miscellaneous

Certain benefit to be inalienable **

187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-

(a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b)any income-related benefit; or

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

• 1 month later...

Just received Bank statements and I will over the next few days construct a spreadsheet for the charges.

Can anyone tell me has there been much success using the contractual spreadies?

Thanks

Miscellaneous

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

• 3 weeks later...

Halifax Bank would have received a letter before action about 7/8 days ago and the amount claimed is including interest (8%) just over £1500 so I dont expect any commuication just yet.

However I have received Halifax credit card statements and on those every month is a payment for 'CREDIT CARD REPAYMENTS INSURANCE INCLUDING INSURANCE PREMIUM TAX'

As already disclosed I am making this claim for my son in law and I haven't come across this before. Am I allowed to claim this back? because as I see it the amount is proportionate to the account balance, and this would be much lower or non existant if there were no previous charges. Could someone please advise me.

Thanks

Miscellaneous

©child benefit,

Has anyone any ideas about thread no 3?

Please help

Miscellaneous

©child benefit,

Thanks for your thoughts Zoot, you have suggested what I think and I will now follow that line of thought when making the claim for repayment.

Regarding the Bank claim against Halifax my son in law has today received a letter offering just over £600 out of a total of approx £1500. This amount will of course be rejected, but is it too late at lhis stage to alter the claim to include contractual interest.

In the original LBA I have only asked for 8% basic interest and does anyone know what their rate is?

Miscellaneous

©child benefit,

Had a phone call today from my son in law and Halifax have credited the account with their offer amount.

I had written a rejection letter which they would have recieved on Thursday giving them until 1st may to pay the full amount before Court action commences.

Does anyone think that it is ok to use this money, and just send another letter by special delivery accepting this amount as a part payment.

What should I advise?

Miscellaneous

©child benefit,