• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Jess v A+L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think you need to hear from the court to find out what's happening. If it was being looked at last week they should know something by now so ring again. I'm not a fan of nudging the banks and believe in letting them do the running, while the court act for you. After all you've put it in their hands now.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok rang the court, they have set it for a hearing on 1st August *gulp* said they will send details out in next few days. Home stretch now

Feels like a lost little girl x

That's good news Jess. Might be time to start thinking about your bundle so you have plenty of time to get it in order and see what you need. This link will help.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yeh i am waiting for the letter confirming the date etc Caro so i can see what i actually need to take etc...

Anyoldname, i logged into internet banking and where you click on statement it asks you for the month and then what format you want to download in, not sure how far back it goes as i have only been with them about 18 months

Ok i am stressed lol, i have received my details from the court. Its been set 'Notice of allocation to the small Claims Track (Hearing)

Gonna have a break this weekend and start sorting all the needed information. I downloaded all the statements, and heard these were ok, please confirm this is right b4 i start panicking more hehe.

There is no mention of the draft direction request i applied for and they have scheduled a full hour for the hearing

Bump can someone confirm i can use downloaded statements, printed out in excel version, i made my claim from these and never had original statements so ive had it if not, but would be better if i was prepared for this.

Bump can someone confirm i can use downloaded statements, printed out in excel version, i made my claim from these and never had original statements so ive had it if not, but would be better if i was prepared for this.
Just MHO Jess, but I'd've thought they'd be as acceptable as the statements we receive each month. After all it is a record of your account as provided via the A&L internet banking site, and as such is a legitimate and official 'statement of account'.

did you get your full details of what you had to send?

I note on one post today - the judge said dont bother with the bundle - what have they asked you for ?

is it a full hearing or directions hearing?

I just found a section I had missed - "guidance notes" ( under FAQ and library etc)

Jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Just says

Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any expert reports) on which he intends to rely on at the hearing no later then 14 days before the hearing.

The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

So presume thats as much as i can collate.

Can i also ask, the case lists that has been won, can i just print the list out with the name/case number etc... or will i need individual case histories... Im a bit concerned about the bundle i need and fighting to keep stress levels under control, already on to walking sticks again :evil:

dont be insulted :D thought these might help

court bundles for dummies :o

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages Case guidance notes - bringing your case to court

it might be worth pm to michael browne or even a call to the court just to double check what you need as it would be a shame to prepare the court bundle if you dont need it?

Also did you see the letter that Bob the Cabbie sol wrote as a nudge letter to the sol that made them pay up.

As you have a court date it may be worth another letter showing court you have made every effort - maybe you could personalise oneof the ones in this thread adding more about your personal circumstances

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Jansus im am sooo not insulted lol, believe me the title fits me well :D

Will have a good scout through it today and get most of it collated, printed and ready to send off

thought this might boost your morale a bit:p

ruling today at Hull

jansus:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hehe cool :D

Had a quick scan tru the dummies section :D gonna start printing 2morro and hopefully posted by weekend ish

A+L have charged my another £227 since i started proceedings, when do i start sending a letter to get this amount back, obviously now i have my court date i cant change it.... shud i wait or set the wheels in motion?

Ok printed off about half my bundle and i ran outta paper ;) Will print my copy off b4 i go court on the optimistic view they will settle b4 i need to waste more resources. Going to finish bundle 2morro then i am set.

Mimi can i be cheeky... wot did u put in ur statement of evidence... im feeling major dum cos the bundle for dummies confused me a little on this bit and i wanted to make sure i had it right b4 i print off stuff.

can anyone tell me what the basic needs for the statement of evidence are? feel mega dumb, but cant get my head round it. Need to get this finished today and posted by tues latest in order that they have it b4 14 days deadline is up, it is creeping up fast

Hi Jesse I cannot find anything regarding "the statement of evidence" thats me being "mega dumb"someone will help. I have put these links up these may be of help....................

Witness statement info from karneval via Mimijane.....

Examples of Witness Statements / Disclosure by List / Draft Directions / Case Summary

I am sorry but I have lost the "Example of Witness Statement" I was going to use it will be here " **************** " when I find it.

here it is from celicaman post 3 I think...............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/102862-court-date-help-needed.html

There is a "Statement of Truth" which is formal confirmation that the court documents are true, for example a statement of case or a witness statement. This is at the end of the document that is being submitted.

This at the bottom of my MCOL...........

I am the claimant - I believe that the facts stated in this

claim form are true.

Signed Me

Claimant

William :)

Looking at the most recent threads, there seems to be a bit more movement on the settlement front from A&L, following the Hull decision. Lets hope you get yours soon - good luck!

Found this :D thanks for help, going to adapt this one best i can...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

oops Jansus posted that link earlier... sorry havin an odd day

yayyyy flags out im almost done, just a last grovel for help... has any1 got a shorter concise version of the 'office of fair trading report - april 06' as its 30 odd pages long and dont really want to print 2 of them off unless i really really have to

Hi Jess see post two on thread below posted by moderator

problems findind OFT'S report

jan:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Great thanks, got wot i needed and i am all set, just statement of evidence to do now and were off to the post office