dandylion v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent a reply, edited the letter in the templates a bit , and stated again I wanted the full amount and allowed them a further 10 days to pay up, I kind of hope it goes to me filing it in court though as then i can add on my extra £500 in interest, and they will have to pay it all.

Oh I bet the bank are loving this.

Dandylion

Hi dandylion i would think giving them an extra 10 days wont change their mind/offer when you do start court proceedings they will then like to settle, i would suggest phoning them after the papers have been served and speak to the person who made that offer advising them you are giving a last opportunity for them to settle, i like many others have been successfull in this way, hope this helps.

I second that. I called Halifax last week asking about state of play advising them I could file for judgement next week (N1 served last month) and they coughed up yesterday. Just stick with it, you're almost there. Sally

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Thanks for the advice both of you, I have picked up the forms from the local court and have them ready to fill in. I checked the templates etc for the wording. When it does come to handing them in at court do I have to put my other paperwork with them at that stage?

Dandylion

:D :D :D :D :D :D Yahoo!!!

Just had a letter offering the full amount back, didnt even get to filing it in court, was going in tomorrow to do it, kind of a shame as the extra £500 in interest would have been handy, but to get £2143 back is a god send.

Just kept to the time scales and sent of the letters as everyone on the site advises, thanks to everyone who helped me.

Dandylion

Oh well done. I said you were on the home stretch. If they don't pay up within a week I suppose you could file at court. Does anyone else have an opinion? Sally

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

• 2 weeks later...

still no money from halifax the letter said 14 days, but when the 14 days are up if they havent paid the money in should i file in court anyway?

Please can someone advise, dont know what to do now I have sent in the acceptance form.

Also has anyone else tried to go beyond the 6 years, I was thinking of sending another Data request letter tog o further back.

Thank for any help

Dandy

Dandylion

Hi dandy,

Im waiting on money too-phoned today and she says it could take up to the full 14days! Then discovered they won't pay the money in because i didnt send them the acceptance letter that they gave me.I had written my own because i said it was full and final for these dates only!

I really dont know when they were going to let me know the money wasnt being paid in.

So it looks like Court or FOS for me now!

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Hooray they paid up!!

Just got my money through, so its paying off the credit card now that my estranged hubby left me with, and if i've got a bit spare i will definately be donating to this site. Thank you again to everyone who helped me.

Dandylion:D

Dandylion

CONGRATULATIONS...!!!!!

Well done. Great feeling when you see it there isnt it....:D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .