McKenzie Hall - Again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I Am new to this site and have been staying up til the early hours reading all the brilliant advice there is on here!

Im currently starting action against my bank for unfair bank charges and will no doubt be posting on the Unfair Bank Charge Forum but, on another note, today have received, completely out of the blue, a letter from Mackenzie Hall (Ive never heard of them before), stating that they had written to me "last week" (no date of "when" last week and actually No, they hadnt!) to warn me that they would start litigation proceedings against me if I failed to cough up £234.06 for a debt supposedly owed to a catalogue.

I know for a fact that I havent had this particular catalogue for nearly 15 years and it was from my old address! There was a debt for £220ish pounds but I paid this over 8 years ago!!

They are now saying that my failure to pay could result in "Seizure of Assets, Arrestment of Wages (what? For a catalogue debt??) or Bankruptcy (Pull the other one, its got bells on!)

After reading on here, Im sure the debt would be statute barred by now (even if I owed it) but the question is, do I write to them at all or do I just ignore them? By entering into correspondence with them, would I just be inviting further hassle from them. Or if I ignore it, can they do anything further. Im just grateful they dont have my telephone number!

Many thanks

Blueloobylou:?

Blueloobylou

Not sure if ignoring is the best course of action. A CCA request letter N may be able to help you here or if you know that the debt is over 6 years old then letter M is to inform them of this and the letters are here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Also if you think this is a debt you have already paid off then make sure it is showing as settled/satisfied on your credit file by obtaining your credit report with Experian, Equifax and Call Credit. :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Hi Cheddar,

Thats the strange thing - it USED to show on my credit report but I have checked again today (have access online) and its disappeared now as its over 6 years since I cleared it.

Im sure I have the proof of settlement somewhere if I root around - I dont normally throw stuff like that away.

Thank you for the links to the templates - I'll go and have a read :)

Blueloobylou

Blueloobylou