paypal took payment on wrong day

welly_59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'm after a bit of advice regarding paypal.

I purchased via my paypal acct on january 21st, whereby they took the money straight out of my bank acct as payment. At the time there was sufficient funds in my acct to cover the transaction.

A few days ago i had letter of notification from my bank saying that they were charging me for failed direct debit as there were no funds in the acct. I phoned up to find out what was happening and it seems that paypal took the money out of my acct on the 25th january NOT the 21st. On the 25th there were insufficient funds as, having checked my balance via atm, i thought that the paypal money had already been taken.

Surely they cant just take the money out when they feel like it? on my paypal transaction details it says '21st january - payment failed' but halifax state that they didnt take the money until the 25th. anything i can do with regards to the charges and getting my paypal balance back out of the red?

have they broke the direct debit agreement?

I'm sure it says somewhere on paypal that payments can take up to 5 days to clear...or something like that....

might be an idea to email them or phone them and find out why it was taken so late

Halifax

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 30/1/2007

Prelim letter sent asking for total of 1571.52 - 15/3/2007

LBA sent 30/3/2007

court papers filed

Offer letter received - £1495.13

The countless companys where payment takes 5 days to come out, I do 3-4 days worth of transactions and check my statement, where they all come out on the same day. Annoys the hell out of me, isn't it the bank not updating correctly or something?

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

True its usually PayPal that takes time to take money out of your account. My local council used to be a nightmare for this. I would pay my rent and it would come out 3 WEEKS later. A local supermarket near us does this as well...needless to say i don't use cards when paying these 2 anymore.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

You've probably allowed Paypal to take out 'unspecified amounts' on 'unspecified days'. They're not breaking any rules. Suggest you abandon this approach, ot specify they can only take payment on a set date each month.

• 2 weeks later...