Scar vs Natwest

isidore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having had much success using this site (and telling the whole world what I've done!!) a friend of mine has asked me to help him with his and his partner's accounts. They have been in financial difficulty over the years, so will be interesting to see what arises from the SAR.

SAR sent off today for 1 (his) bank account.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

That's what I was hoping :D

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

My mate has received a letter back saying that he has not supplied the account number and sort code. I'm not happy! To explain, the reference on my first letter reads:

Account Number 123456 12345678

123456 being his sort code and 12345678 being his account number. I have seen this way of writing account numbers down before (probably with RBS). Even if it wasn't, it's PLAINLY obvious what they are. Nevertheless I should know by now, you can't give them any room to delay you.

I have therefore sent them the prelim back with the following added to the bottom:

I would like to point out that this is the second letter I have had to produce as you returned my first cheque stating that I did not supply my sort code and account number. The first letter was written with the reference:

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 123456 12345678

This is quite clearly my sort code and account number and I am disappointed that you have used this as a reason to delay my request. I therefore insist that the deadline from my original request stands. This letter has been sent recorded delivery and should therefore reach you by xxx. At this point, you will have xx days left to fulfil my request.

Should I not receive my statements during this period, I will be forced to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.

• 3 weeks later...

Right I really don't know what is going on here. And I'm beginning to lose my patience with this bank already!!

My mate has received another generic letter today roughly saying

"with reference to your DPA letter, we are unable to proceed because....."

It then has multiple choice and the one ticked says

"we can only locate account numbers with numerical references" or something to that effect.

Now they have attached a copy of the letter I sent, I have asked my mate to read out the bit where I put account number / sort code to ensure it is correct (we have some statements so have double checked it's correct - it is) and what's even more annoying is they have also enclosed his cheque and on the back of it is written HIS ACCOUNT NUMBER AND SORTCODE!!!!

WTF am I missing here? What are they playing at?

I am desperately trying to refrain from sending a letter including the words "useless morons" in, am writing one up and will post it shortly. Would appreciate any insight into this if anyone has any?

Btw, what I forgot to put in the previous post is that as well as the little snippet I quoted, I also wrote ACCOUNT NUMBER: 12345678 SORT CODE: 123456 at the top of the letter too.

One question......does my 40 day deadline still start from the date of my first letter?

Right, I have drafted this together. I have toned this down loads and still it sounds really sh**ty when I read it back lol. Any opinions???

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 12345678

SORT CODE: 123456

I am responding to your letter dated xx/xx/xx. I am extremely disappointed by your response and feel that you are purposely obstructing my request. You have stated (for the second time) that you are unable to locate my account as I have not supplied you with an account number or sortcode and have also returned my cheque.

I have enclosed, for your benefit, the two letters I have sent you previously (referenced as A and B) and have highlighted on these letters the account number and sortcode which you have TWICE told me I have failed to provide you with. I would also like to point out that at the top of THIS letter – again highlighted – is the account number and sortcode of the account I am seeking information on.

I have also enclosed the original cheque that you have returned to me TWICE and would like to draw your attention to the back of the cheque you returned to me. You have written down my account number and sortcode!!! So even though you feel that this is not my account number and sortcode, you felt drawn to write this random sequence of numbers on the back of my cheque? For final confirmation, just in case there is any doubt in your minds as to what my account number is, I have provided you with one of my statements. Again, for your benefit, in case you have any doubt, I have highlighted the account number and sortcode.

I do not expect to receive another returned cheque – I would hope that you have enough proof that this is in fact my account number and sortcode to provide me with what I originally asked for. That is a full disclosure of my banking history with you including, but not limited to a full set of historical statements. For full details on my request, please refer to letter A or B. Please DO NOT attempt to delay my request any further otherwise I will make an official complaint to the Information Commissioners Office with regards to the sheer audacity you have shown in insisting that I have not provided you with the correct information.

Please be very clear of my intentions – I will be filing in the County Court on the morning of xx/xx/xx for Non-Compliance if I do not receive the documentation requested by 5pm xx/xx/xx. Please be aware, a post-marked envelope bearing the date of xx/xx/xx does not mean I have received the documentation, unless you have my signature as having received it on the xx/xx/xx.

I shall not enter into any further correspondence on this matter. I require you to forward by means of royal mail “Special Delivery” all requested documents and recordings to my home address no later than xx/xx/xx. It is your responsibility to execute this task, ensuring all items are secure and undamaged before posting.

Yours faithfully

• 4 months later...

Not kept this up to date as I've been off on paternity leave.........

As of today, Natwest have still not sent him his statements. That is over 160 days since first requested. Due to the new arrival, I hadn't progressed this as I'd have liked, but having picked it up again recently, I have sent a complaint to the ICO and a brief letter to Natwest telling them I have done so, telling them how dispicable they are for not sending the requested statements and asking that they resolve this amicable before I go to the courts.

Will wait and see if they respond. They have until the end of this week to send them before he takes them to court.