Help needed MERITFORCE DOORSTEP COLLECTORS on their way

johneem0607
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Meritfarce are part and parcel of Mackenzie Hall. If any of their self-employed collectors call round tell them they are unwelcome and to sling their hook. If they don't call the olice and report a possible breach of the peace. When they have gone report the scumbags to Trading Standards. They know all about these companies but for reasons best known to themselves choose to do little about them.

Good morning to all still having problems with mackenzie hall aka meritforce as i told you people we cleared are debt up 7 years ago with lloyds tsb through visa card services if these edit like to pfish let them they only make threats like call up or send unheaded letters to consumers just ignore them down or what i do is speak german to them.

Edited by freakyleaky
removed innapropriate remarks

• 1 month later...

I have had a similar experience with MeritForce....I ignored letter after letter from the Mackenzie Hall about the debt and they then set the "rottweilers" at Meritforce onto me, threatening doorstep visits and taking my assets. I quickly searched on the internet and found all the info on this site to be the best I had read, telling me things that I didn't know. I used a previous posts' ideas for an email to them, stating that it was against English Common Law for them to send someone to my house without making an appointment first and that the debt was considered Statute Barred. I got an email back stating that they needed to clarify some details as I was incorrect (even though I knew I was right!) and I refused, stating that all further correspondence must be made in writing and that they must delete my phone number from their records or it would be considered harrassment and that I had informed the OFT and Financial Ombudsman about their abusive way of working and harrassment (and being called a "F*&$ing Southern BAR-STEWARD") and was considering legal action. I very quikcly got an email back stating that the matter was closed on their records and no further action will be taken against me. I can't thank everyone enough for all the posts that I gleaned the valuable information from, I'm certainly going to be making a donation to the site, reward where reward is due.Hope everyone else manages to get away from MeritForce/Mackenzie Hall, just remember if they are threatening a doorstep assessment, they are not Bailiffs and can be easily turned away, just don't open the door to them, tell them to get bent and also tell them that you will consider it trespass and will inform the police of a possible breach of the peace. Aside from that, follow the advice on this forum, I'm considering bottling it!

• 4 weeks later...

hi i have also had a letter from meritforce saying they were going to call myhubby is waiting for them as he has had enough of them since they phoned my elderly neighbour wanted information about me he was so confused love him he couldt understand why they were ring him has any had these peolp turn up so if they do come we now what to say

Hi Bingos,

I'm sure it is an offence to telephone your neighbour asking information about you, it may also breach Data Protection Laws.

Don't hold your breath waiting for them:D

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I have received a letter, stating that Meritforce "may" call to do a doorstep assessment - which has totally freaked me out. The debt is donkeys years old, is paid monthly by my debt management company and I have had endless calls to damned Mackenzie, going over the same thing - they say they aren't paid, the management company do pay - what a joke. I have had two heart attacks already and am advised to keep as stress free as possible, some chance when these idiots harass me constantly - phone messages, letters and now threats of meritforce. I will name and shame them to the press if they agravate my cardiac condition. They are dreadful, truly dreadful.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

About a year and a half ago, I had some problems with a company called Ruthbridge about a "debt" I owed to Cabot, which A) I'm sure I paid and B) if it wasn't paid, must be at least 8 years old!

I followed the advice on the many threads I visited via this amazing site, and eventually they gave up the ghost and ceased all contact with me. However, just the other day, I got a letter from these lot at Meritforce, who said that they were going to send someone round regarding the very same alleged "debt"! They even wrote to say that the "debt" was originally to Mackensie Hall, who haven't even contacted me!

Should I go through the same motions with them? (i.e. CCA, Letter of notice of Default etc.), and if so, why should I have to go through all this again? Surely the Ruthbrige episode should have put this matter to bed?

I'd really appreciate some advice on this please.

Thanks, 'help, I may just send them a couple of letters just for jolly, as i had so much fun with Ruthbridge the last time ;)

By the way,do these DCA's just pass these things round for money? Or is there some kind of "let's try our luck" database they use? :confused:

I had dealings with MacKenzie Hall a couple of years ago I sent tham a statute barred letter and they eventually seeemed to get the message and give up.

No such luck, Meritforce (MacKenzies puppets) took over shortly afterwards,they eventually realised they had no chance either and the letters stopped arriving.

Now Ruthbridge have taken over, I intend to totally ignore them as you should.They will eventually realise they are getting nowhere.

It looks like these DCAs pass things round ,hopefully they will go round in circles often enough that they will disappear up their own backsides.

Interesting point -- they are not supposed to pass on any debt that is in dispute , but as we know they think they are a law unto themselves.

:mad:Hello and good morning. What can i say mackenzie hall and meritforce it seems they are one of the same company in kilmornock as i said before call trading standards in kilmornock and as for Mr stewart he will log the the complaint and will visit them those so called herberts have stopped harrasing us for over a year now and one more thing if they call again asked them to send proof if they cannot do this ignore them because they are pfishing and get information from dun & bradsheet

• 1 year later...

I'm really confused and worried

i have a letter today from Meritforce doorstep collectors asking me to pay a debt that i dont owe! its for a mobile contract i have never had in fact the last contract i had was over seven years ago and not even with the company mentioned in the letter and i paid my debt to them at the time. since i have moved address and changed my name so i dont know where they have their information from but its worrying all the same. i dont have the money and the letter says they are sending someone around to collect the debt but i have never had any previous warning. help i dont know what to do about this, sorry too put this on your thread i just dont know what to do.

unsatisfied citizen :-|

It is extremely unlikely that Meritforce will send one of their muppets to your door , if they do treat them like any unwelcome caller tell them to go away ( I would use stronger words ), if they refuse call the police and say you are being threatened for money , they have no right to be there.But I wouldn't worry you have more chance of winning the lottery jacpot two weeks running as you have them sending a collector.

Is it possible this is an old debt you have forgotten about?..if so again don't worry if it is over six years old as you say, it is Statute Barred and is unenforceable and cannot be collected.

Whatever you do don't phone them and don't give them your phone number .

Best of luck and DON'T WORRY they are just a bunch of low-life.

Report them to the OFT first then my feeling is you should write to them recorded delivery

Dear Sir/Madam

I am in receipt of your recent letter dated XXXXX

I find your letter very threatening and intimidatory, In it you claim that I owe an amount of money relating to an account with XXXX, I can categorically state that I have NEVER had ANY dealings nor any kind of account with the company named whatsoever. I regard your letter in breach of CPUTR2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Trading's guidelines on debt collection.

In order to obtain a credit licence I understand that a debt collection agency should have in place an official complaints procedure, I now require you to forward to me your official complaints procedure within 14 days, if this is not forthcoming I will have no hesitation in supplying both yours and my correspondence to Trading Standards and the Office Of Fair Trading.

If it is your intention indeed to send a 'doorstep' collector, I will have no hesitation in calling the police.

Yours sincerely

I'm really confused and worried

i have a letter today from Meritforce doorstep collectors asking me to pay a debt that i dont owe! its for a mobile contract i have never had in fact the last contract i had was over seven years ago and not even with the company mentioned in the letter and i paid my debt to them at the time. since i have moved address and changed my name so i dont know where they have their information from but its worrying all the same. i dont have the money and the letter says they are sending someone around to collect the debt but i have never had any previous warning. help i dont know what to do about this, sorry too put this on your thread i just dont know what to do.

unsatisfied citizen :-|

Firstly, stop worrying about the clowns called Meritfarce. They are not going to show it is all part of the bluff. If by some remote chance someone did call, they have no powers whatsoever, just think of them as a cold caller trying to sell you double glazing and tell them, to F*ck Off.

The matter is nothing to do with you so let them waste THEIR time and money, do not contact them, they will call you a liar and ask for all sorts of personal details, 'so they can check out your story'. Let them run round after their own tail.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 years later...

I went on their website as they demanded I contact them or they would send someone round... putting 000000000 as my phone number and as my email contact...noneofyourbusiness I sent them this..

To whom it may concern, Ref: (*****)

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. I have been contacted by IKANO, the alleged original creditor and I rightly asked for details or any proof of your above demand for £133.96 and have been informed to pay and then you will provide proof. Naturally I declined.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to IKANO and I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading debt collection Guidance which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I am of the view that any harassment of me by telephone or visitation puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If you begin to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question. I now request a copy of your complaints procedures within 14 days, if you fail to provide me with these or I do not receive confirmation that you will no longer be pursuing this matter, I will have no choice but to make complaints to the Office of Fair Trading, my local MP, Trading Standards and the financial ombudsman.

Furthermore please note that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention as you have warned to arrange a “doorstep call”, please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone from a doorstop collection service company to visit me and should it be necessary, I will seek an injunction.'

Regards

Jennifer M***

Some of that I took from here!! Thanks everyone!