• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welshlass2 v Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think you are unlikely to get any positive response this early welshlass, but in order to look good to the courts and show you are trying to settle you could offer to amend your claim by the amount of their actual costs, although you will require disclosure of how the figure is calculated.

Settlements tend to be a day or two before court at best.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mandy, just thought id let you know i havnt heard a word from Miss Ross i havnt sent a letter of non complience yet but i think i will this week as she might of forgotten me to an who knows she might just have got that new cheque book

my claim against YB is due for hearing on the 7th spetember

i have just rang my local court up and asked what has happened to my case because of the 'Final hearing' so to speak

any way they have told me my case is still going ahead?

do i take this as true or are they just fobbing me off and when i turn up they will say it has been suspended?

any one else in the same boat?

thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/108098-against-y-bank.html

Just thought I would add this link, I must admit I thought that I would probably have to await the outcome of the high court ruling, but maybe not according to the link above!!!

I have not contacted the court and am of the opinion, unless I hear otherwise I will be there on 3 September as required. I will just suck it and see...LOL

Reclaiming £2200 from Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07

thats good news

so i geuss that everyone who has been issued with a court date they will be continuing with those?

if they dont and they suspend all cases will i be able to recieve the money i paid to the courts back?

i just hope my case gets seen in court, after everything thats gone on and how confident i am along with everyone on here if sort of come to rely on this money coming through, hope i havnt made a big mistake

has anybody alse phoned there court to ask wether their case will still go ahead?

thanks

well i wasnt sure what to think about it all but im following my gut instinct on this on go ahead as planned dunno why i know we will be all ok an still get our money back im staying possitive

Just to let you know I received usual letter this morning from YB listing their terms and conditions, blah blah blah.......

I am going to wait until the end of the 14 days and then I will sent the LBA, I assume this is the process I should follow?

Keep you all posted.

Mandy

mandy can i please ask you something?Can you give me a idea what to send the courts/bank.As my notes have to be in bye wednesday.I am stuck on what to send. I am getting stressed out trying to sort paper work out Thanks maggie

Do you need to submit a court bundle? If so you can look through this thread also conalot v yb has all that you need, I have also included links to lots of the info, if thats not any help to you, get back to me and I will try to help you out.

Mandy

The last I heard neither the banks nor the OFT had any say whatsoever on staying claims, so unless you hear from the court to the contrary, just carry on according to your timetable.

The only claims not being settled at the moment are those made via the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The last I heard neither the banks nor the OFT had any say whatsoever on staying claims, so unless you hear from the court to the contrary, just carry on according to your timetable.

The only claims not being settled at the moment are those made via the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Caro.Do i send the yorkshire bank court bundle 14 days before court date. same time as courts bundle? I phoned the court today to see if yorkshire bank had sent there bundle in.The lady said no. What happpens now? Do i wait till wednesday. then its 14 days to court date.What happens if they dont send a bundle to court?

Both the banks and the courts copies of the bundle should be with them 14 days before the court date. I would bet anything that you won't get a bundle from YB.

Both the banks and the courts copies of the bundle should be with them 14 days before the court date. I would bet anything that you won't get a bundle from YB.
What will happen then? Up to now the court have not had YB bundle.

I'll answer your questions on your thread Maggie so you have all the info you need.

Just wanted to thank you Caro for clearing up the confusion with the latest high court action, I must confess that I did think that it would put an end to the claims through the court, but this is from information by the media, which we know is not always to be relied upon, I feel quite uplifted by your previous comments and I am sure I am not alone in that. Thanks again.

Mandy

Just wanted to thank you Caro for clearing up the confusion with the latest high court action, I must confess that I did think that it would put an end to the claims through the court, but this is from information by the media, which we know is not always to be relied upon, I feel quite uplifted by your previous comments and I am sure I am not alone in that. Thanks again.

Mandy

Hi mandy.I have just finished my court bundle.I just hope its ok.I have put some of my own information in too.I am going to post it off tommorrow.special delivery.Still got no bundle from yorkshire bank. Did they write to you with a offer or did it get to court?

Hi Maggie

I did originally have a cheque for £1050.00, but I sent this back to them, since then I have not heard anything at all, I haven't had any court bundle from them, and to be honest I am not expecting it, I am going on holiday at the weekend for two weeks, maybe there will be a little something in the post for me when I get back...LOL

Hi mandy.Posted my bundles off today.Cost me £15.for both.They should have them for dinner tommorrow.14 days to the court case. heard nothing from them.other people i know have had payments.Offers etc.Me nothing.Still no bundle from them either.I am glad its all over.Its been 12mths since is started my claim.stiil got no dosh from them.

Just hold tight Maggie, it has happened on more than one occasion that a representative has appeared at the court to make a settlement before the hearing, though usually a cheque is sent by special delivery a day or so before. Hopefully you will hear something soon, unfortunately with YB it is always long and drawn out, and I suppose for every one of us that actually takes it this far, hundreds simply give up and settle for less (or likely nothing), so stay determined and you will succeed, of that I am confident.

I am not in court until 3 September, so I just intend to enjoy my holiday and then get ready for the day when I get back, the worst part is over for now, getting the bundles ready is a nightmare and pretty stomach churning (at least it was for me) so I am glad that bit is out of the way.

I am not in court until 3 September, so I just intend to enjoy my holiday and then get ready for the day when I get back, the worst part is over for now, getting the bundles ready is a nightmare and pretty stomach churning (at least it was for me) so I am glad that bit is out of the way.
The court bundle is a nightmare i know.Making sure you have everything right.I hope i hear something before hand.I passed my test a couple of weeks ago so i am looking for a little motor.(with this cash) What will happen if i dont get my bundle from the bank its the last day tommmow? Will they lose the case? I am not to sure.

Well Maggie, that depends on the Judge, you could argue the case that they have not complied with the court, which given that they have a legal representative is a total disregard for the system, either way it will hopefully stand you in good stead for having followed the direction of the court, it is possible that YB might ask for extra time to prepare, which you should object to, though it is my guess that it won't come to that, in the past they have settled before going into the court and to my knowledge, they do not usually provide any evidence either to the claimant or to the court, so whatever you do, do not hold your breath...lol...Hopefully you will be car shopping very soon, fingers crossed for you..

Well Maggie, that depends on the Judge, you could argue the case that they have not complied with the court, which given that they have a legal representative is a total disregard for the system, either way it will hopefully stand you in good stead for having followed the direction of the court, it is possible that YB might ask for extra time to prepare, which you should object to, though it is my guess that it won't come to that, in the past they have settled before going into the court and to my knowledge, they do not usually provide any evidence either to the claimant or to the court, so whatever you do, do not hold your breath...lol...Hopefully you will be car shopping very soon, fingers crossed for you..

I dont want another stay.Had one earlier on in the year they didnt comply to that one. I have wrote a letter to the judge explaining how its effected our lives all these charges.and how i had to get a loan at one time to pay the charges off.So hopefully he should be a bit sympathetic.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to you all out there, its been a while since I posted, but I have been watching closely. Well my court date is Monday 3rd September and I received a letter from YB a while back stating that they would be applying for a stay. I just contacted Rugby Court to clarify the situationa and they have no record of any application for a stay, so I am slightly confused because it would appear that Rugby is automatically staying all claims in respect of the 4 main banks awaiting the outcome of the high court ruling. So the end result is that I still have to attend court, because they said that the judge is still hearing claims (seems a bit of a waste of time as it would appear the outcome is a foregone conclusion) so I will have to appear, but I am frustrated because I know that YB will not be there and have not applied for a stay, is there anything I can do????

If I were you I'd be delighted that they haven't applied for a stay and be getting ready to go to court. I take it that you have submitted your court bundle and YB haven't. Make sure you have an application for removal of a stay with you, and if you have any particular hardship if a stay is put on the case, add that to it.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html#post131900

Also take a look at the Luton case, where the judge allowed a stay, but ordered the bank not to add any more charges until after the test case is settled. http://news.bbc. t1/hi/business/6960358.stm

You also need to be prepared to have your case heard. If you succeed in preventing the stay. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/

What time is it on Monday?