albbyswife

moorcroft

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4752 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello

can anyone help!!!!

im just in the process of filing n1 form against argos but my problem is moorcroft my first letter to them was to tell them that my argos account was in dispute with the issue of penalty charges and that i was in the process of getting statements (well i was just waiting for my last one before my n1) I never heard anything from them until 3 weeks later when i recieved a notice of intended litigation letteri then replied back to them with a copy of my last letter to them plus updating them with the fact that i had recieved statements in question and then told them the ammount that wwas offiacially in dispute but in the mean time i have been paying argos direct by weekly token payments to help clear the remaining ammount of debt and so told them that they would not be recieving any money from myself (because i was paying it straight to argos) I have again recieved a letter from moorcroft saying that they are responsible for the administration of my account, and that i need to contact them with an offer of repayment to moorcroft, and if i dont they would commence legal procedding against me, so my questions would be

do I have to make arrangements with moorcroft or should i carry on payin striaght to argos???

Also as the account is in dispute are they allowed to commence legal proceedings against me???????

And what would be my next plan of action with this matter???????

If anybody can help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

no, you have officially told them the account is in dispute. there is a template that I used (somewhere on the site, i will dig it out for you tomorrow as off to bed now) which advises them that they should not persue the debt etc. my advice would be to send them this letter recorded, cc-ing in argos and send same letter to argos. then just ignore them - if they atke it to court, you ahve proof taht you have officially notified them that you are disputing the debt and taht you are dealing with Argos directly.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi albbyswife,

I am in the same boat as you, and as a few other are, having dealings with Argos and Moroncroft.

A few questions if you don`t mind?

Have you CCA`d Argos and the Morons?

How much do you owe on the account and how much are you owed in charges?

If you have CCA`d them, then your account is in dispute and they know that and should not be chasing you anymore.

Have they produced a Credit Agreement? If not, then neither of them have the right to ask you for money, because untill they show up with the Credit Agreement, then legally there is no debt. So, untill they do, don`t pay anything else.You should always refer to the debt as the alleged debt.

Never speak to any of these muppets on the phone, only correspond in writing at ALL times and make a log of everything you receive and send.

I`ll check back later to see if there`s any more progress.

But if you have not already sent a CCA request then you should, then if they still drag you into court and they haven`t produced one, then your on your way to sorting these parasites out once and for all.

Catch you later.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

hi

I cca the both of them moorcroft was mithering for money so i wrote back to them and said i would not pay them any money and that i would pay Argos direct!!

I recieved my statements from argos and then claimed back my charges, Took them to court and they paid up easily enough and they payed me by a cheque which was a surprise!!! As i owed them money!!!! I now just pay them £5 a month (straight to Argos) and have had no threatening letter since (touch wood!!)

I owed them about £300 pounds and my charges where only about £150

Hi there,

You say you have CCA`d them both and are still paying Argos.

Have you received a true Credit Agreement from them?

If not, then you should stop paying as they have not complied with your request and the account is now in dispute.

I`m not exactly sure as to what happens now since you are still paying them, but if you can hold out then someone will more knowledge will be along to help you soon.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)