• Tweets

• Thanks all for all your input. I have decided to follow this all the way. So far, I have not replied to Alliance Parking's original NTK letter. The time-period for the reduced amount has now finished, and the time to appeal (21 days from the date of letter) will finish on 25th Apr. No further comms received from Alliance Parking. Could you please guide me, for my readiness, on what happens next? Am I going to start receiving letters from Alliance Parking > Debt Collector letters > Letter of Claim? Who sends me the Letter of Claim - Alliance Parking / Debt Collectors / Solicitors / court? How many weeks / months from now is this likely to be? Once Alliance Parking passes the debt off to the Debt Collectors, is there a risk of anyone turning up at the door? Do I need to reply to any other letters from either the parking company, debt collectors, or solicitors? Many thanks in advance.
    • I've just noticed this so wanted to my apologies for my response to this yesterday I didn't realise his name was worry, I thought you meant worry as in be concerned not referring to his name.   My apologies.
    • We've already encouraged worry to use their own words... HB
    • Whoops 😅 Vanquis - September 2015 Jacamo - January 2016 Very - December 2013
    • Pretty good first draft   Only question I have is did you use a template from this forum to write it?   Parts of It just seems very familiar, and I'm concerned if TFL see people just copying and pasting stuff they've seen before it won't be as effective.   If not then I'd say its good but allow others to give their feedback.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Helz Vs Abbey

me_n_my_kids
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my partner has an account with abbey, and has paid many charges on his account in the past couple of years. we havn't calculated how much yet but we know it will be an amount worth claiming. we moved accounts to another bank as i am claiming charges from hsbc, so we both moved to clydesdale at the same time.

my partner had an overdraft of £600, which abbey cancelled, he paid off £520 of that with his wages in 2 weeks, leaving £80. on the 3rd week we went to pay the remaining £80 and close the account, when they told us he cant as there was charges due to be applied, over £100 of them, now he stands at £180 ish overdrawn, which we just cant affrd any more.

what do you think we should do about this? we just cant manage these charges, and dont want them to escalate, im really unsure. can anyone help me with some advice please? :confused:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if they add the charges, just add them onto the ammount you will get back

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

FWIW

Why not write to them and offer £80 in full and final settlemet and inlcude a condtion in the settlement that they will neither defualt you nor close the account?

Could save a lot of hassle for the sake of an offer of settlemnt which sounds fair to me.

If or when they reject it its another thing to send to the court as evidence of your attempts to settle amicably.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 3 weeks later...

Basically i am dealing with this account for my hubby, hes working long hours right now with xmas coming up and im on maternity leave so i have more time to sort things. he was overdrawn, made worse by charges, so i wrote a letter to them on his behalf saying if they cut off the charges he would pay the balance and shut the account, without fighting for the whole amount of charges. they accepted, sent a letter saying this, and when we went into the bank to pay up and close the account they said he owes doubl what the letter said, and refused to close the account, also saying that he needed to return the cheque book, which he doesnt have anymore, GGGRRRRR:-x

so now im at a loss, even a letter from themselves wasnt good enough to close the account and i dont know what to do now, im so angry i could cry!! if anyone can help me i would be so grateful, i really would.

thanks for reading

do you have your old bank statements? if not do a SAR enclose the £10 and open a parachute ccount (although it sounds like you have one going already) then when you get the statements, take them for everything, when they go on at you to pay it off , tell the that the amount is in dispute, Abbey didnt keep to their agreement and the very most that you can afford is X amount (dont let them bully you into paying anymore that you can possibly afford) and tell them that when you win your bank charges back you will pay off any remaining balance

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I'm no expert, but if that were me, you have the letter, I'd send a letter back "In responce to your letter here is a cheque for the outstanding amount, please now close the account" & keep hold of that letter from them. Don't bother with the branches.

All the best.

Capital One Success after Letter asking for charges back;)

Alliance & Leicester Success after threatening court action :p

Abbey Sent Court Bundle, waiting for court date....

T-mobile Called, sent letter & called again - Charges Dropped:)

Hi Helznpeanut

I've had the same type of problem, even though i've cleared my balance they still insist on charging me a few quid every month interest.

Bar Stewards. I suggest you read some of the threads, decide what you wanna do & go for it.

They've been messing me around for nearly 6 months but there's no way i'm going to back down.

Chin up, we've all been there.

I think they have the mind set that it matters not what they do to their customers we will pay up and shut up, and for a long time we all did. Now however the boot is on the other foot. I think all the above posts to your thread are correct and it is your choice as to which path to follow. Best wishes and good luck with whatever path you take.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

hi there all, i am very grateful for the replies, its amazing knowing theres ppl out there i can talk to and get proper advice from.

i wrote again to abbey saying i was dissapointed that the letter meant nothing, and that considering this i was taking them for all the charges that have been applied, and i wanted statements within 40 days due to DPA. if approached again for repayment of overdraft standing at £90 at the moment, i will inform them account is in dispute so no further action can be taken.

do you think this is ok? again, thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Haircut - in theory i think thats a great idea and fab advice, however i can imagine oh too well gettng a reply to the effect of, thanks for that payment, you still owe £45 and the account wont be closed. that would make me too angry lol.

Since sending my complaint through email (which i have saved) i have as yet had no reply. i could send it in the mail too if you think that is the right thing to do? we are waiting now for the bank statements to come through, there are about 35 days left there, lol

if they should send yet another letter asking for payment do i simply send another letter advisng them he wont be paying as account is in dispute?

I would write a letter explaining what happened when you went to the branch and that you thought we had an agreement & make sure you address it to the same person who sent you the letter. & see what that does. Keep it nice & friendly but ask for a reply within 14 days.

Abbey are so annoying I know. They've offered you a deal & you've accepted. If it were me I'd try to get this settled as per their offer if you can.

Capital One Success after Letter asking for charges back;)

Alliance & Leicester Success after threatening court action :p

Abbey Sent Court Bundle, waiting for court date....

T-mobile Called, sent letter & called again - Charges Dropped:)

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Ive already won my bank charges back from HSBC, but im not starting a claim on behalf of my partner.

He rang and spoke to them about 3 months ago asking for statements but they neither took the £10 from his account nor sent the statements, so im guessing we need to start from scratch and send the SAR with a £10 PO. At the moment his account is overdrawn, is there any chance abbey will cash the £10 and put it towards the overdraft, or can they not do that?

Good luck to all of you with your claims, i have heard abbey are one of the worst to claim from, am i right?:|

• 2 weeks later...

They cannot do that you are paying the legal fee for your SAR under the DPA, you are not paying money into your account.

:eek:ABBEY

Data Protection Act request complied with within 40 Days and no £10 charge..

31/01/07 Prelim Letter sent with schedule of charges.

19/02/07 LBA Sent with schedule of charges

08/03/07 MCOL started

09/03/07 £160 GOGW payment into account

23/07/07 Court Date set for 10/10/07

02/08/07 CPR Part 18 Request Submitted

10/08/07 Stay requested by Abbey :mad:

20/08/07 Claim Stayed by District Judge :mad:

:eek:HSBC

02/02/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter sent

22/02/07 Statements received and again no £10 charge...."happy to provide at their cost"

26/02/07 Prelim Letter to be sent with schedule of charges.

12/03/07 LBA sent with schedule of charges

• 2 weeks later...

hi there

have been successful with claiming back charges from hsbc, but now onto partners account with abbey. we sent sar, and had a reply followed by 12 months statements, with confirmation that the rest will follow shortly. are most people getting all statements before the 40 days is up at the moment? they still have around 2 weeks for the rest of the statements to come through, claim is at £500 ish so far in the first year.

cant wait to start claim!!:D :D

May be worth sending the templated letter from the library just to keep them on their toes.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

hi there, thanks for the replies, the last of them came yesterday, total to be claimed is £1122, so ive done the list of charges as recommended and the template letter, and they are ready to send recorded delivery today... woohoo!! the account is currently £100 overdrawn due to charges with no income as we moved to another bank, they keep sending letters about this, is there anything we should do? ive tried writing 3 times saying account balance is in dispute, not paying until refund received etc, is there anything else i can say? they are not listening and dont reply to letters, only getting the standard waffle :mad:

helznpeanut, you could try writing again to the overdraft people and tell them you have copied your letter to the people who are progressing your claim (ie include a copy in your template letter). I think there's a lot of L&R hand. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07