• Tweets

• Are these plates ‘special’ (to be £60, instead of £30-odd)?   If so, what ‘special feature(s)” do they have?
    • you've already dealt with the DN issue  ignore cohens they haven't a clue just trying to harass and intimidate 
    • Thank you for your reply. I have cut and pasted from the relevant emails;   From Hermes 10.3.21 Thank you for getting in touch about your parcel advising us that your customer hasn’t received it yet.I’ve checked the signature obtained as proof of delivery and it shows that the parcel was handed to the customer, so I'm confident that we have delivered your parcel to the correct address.Our system uses GPS to track all couriers and it shows the courier was on your street at the time of delivery. Could I therefore please ask the customer to check with the members of their household, to make sure they haven’t put the parcel somewhere safe.If you need anything in the future, please contact your Hermes Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help. Kind Regards, Hermes Customer Operations    From Packlink 27.3.21 I would like to sincerely apologise on behalf of Packlink for the circumstances which caused you to submit this claim. We appreciate the financial loss in which you now find yourself and will gladly assist you with your claim.We have all the required documentation to proceed with your claim compensation, this dossier is complete.There are no further actions required on your end.How and when will I receive the compensation? The goods compensation will be paid within 30 days from today, we will send you a separate notification when the payment is confirmed. The postage cost will be refunded today 27-03-2021 via the same payment method used to pay for the label.  
    • It would be unusual for an officer to stop a motorist for a straightforward transgression and not warn him at the time that action was being contemplated unless he really had no intention of reporting the matter.   The greater likelihood is that either the officer simply wanted to administer a "ticking off" (and even then he might issue a verbal NIP just to give the driver a bit of "worry time") or the OP was warned but didn't appreciate that he had been. There is no set form of words for a verbal NIP. All that is required is that the driver must be aware that a prosecution is under consideration. There is no point in an officer stopping a motorist for an alleged offence and not issuing a verbal warning if he has intentions of taking action.    So, malik, were you told anything that might constitute a warning? Were you told that "anything you say may be given in evidence...etc? There is no need for the officer to mention a fine or points. He does not make the decision what action will be taken. That's done in the "back office" where they decide whether the offence is suitable for the offer of a course or fixed penalty or whether it will be dealt with in court.
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

harsin v Citicards - let the fun begin!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

First post, so be kind!

Started a claim against a few firms - Citicard, Abbey, Capital One and the Halifax.

Have sent off initial claims to them all, and have heard back from Citicard today - seems like a standard letter. "Sorry you're not happy, but Kissick v Citifinancial Europe" case was dismissed, judge said charges were fair," blah blah blah!

I guess I just wait for the full 14 days to expire before I move to LBA?

I'll keep you posted in the various other cases as soon as I hear. :)