Nictastic V's Barclays**WON**

Nictastic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

After reading all of the success stories on here i am going to start my claim and i am posting out my 'statement of charges' request letter tomorrow. Everything you have all suggested has been invalueable - i will update regularly.

Nic

Good luck!!

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

• 1 month later...

Well got my first contact bak from Barclays today...along with my cheque. Apparently they can only supply the statements in copy statement format and are not charging me for them; however they say it may possibly take longer than 40 days!! Next letter going out reminding them of the timescale ...... to be continued :rolleyes:

nictastic, i received exactly the same letter yesterday - although they posted it to my parent address (even though i have requested in writing that my address be changed to my new address several times grrrr!). I am going to pick up the letter tonight in order to reply to it. I'll keep an eye on your thread as it seems we are of the same timescale - mine is Edgley Vs Barclays

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

nictastic, i received exactly the same letter yesterday - although they posted it to my parent address (even though i have requested in writing that my address be changed to my new address several times grrrr!). I am going to pick up the letter tonight in order to reply to it. I'll keep an eye on your thread as it seems we are of the same timescale - mine is Edgley Vs Barclays

Hi,

Yeah i know what you mean! I found one after reading hundreds of post but WHY!!!! has very kindly posted a link (CHEERS!) The letter seems pretty standard so sending them this reminder is a good start .... apparently if they do not reply you can automatically take them to court and win (i think)

Good luck !!! Don't know if they'll be any more difficult with me, as i used to work for them and still have a staff account ... but time will tell

i think you can start the court process with an estimated claim, but i'm no expert (yet) and I wouldnt even begin to estimate the money I am owed. I have a very stong feeling that my claim could be one of the 'biggies' on this site, quite possibly over £5/6k - embarrasing, but circumstances conspired against me!!

Not at all... they got me the same way relation ship breakdown struggled they charged me for going slighty over drawn and the visious circle happened every month for near over a year!!!! Until i finally got sorted so hoping to get a tidy sum back myself!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Its Template 1

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

(Adapt this next section to your situation)

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges.(Add details of missing period - or a transaction that you know about which is not included)

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have a further (Insert number of days remaining) days to comply.

Yours faithfully,

[name]

nictastic, mine was similar, and ex took me for a mug and i also lost my job, charges and charges for charges being charged kept building up until i finally got back on my feet. still had to take out a loan just to get my account back to zero though, so have also being paying interest on a loan taken out to cover these bank charges - it all makes me so angry.

nictastic, mine was similar, and ex took me for a mug and i also lost my job, charges and charges for charges being charged kept building up until i finally got back on my feet. still had to take out a loan just to get my account back to zero though, so have also being paying interest on a loan taken out to cover these bank charges - it all makes me so angry.

Know how you feel they MADE me take a resolve loan out and took my switch cheque book and overdraft away. But hey the are sooo getting there a*ses kicked now LOL

• 1 year later...