elmac vs Barclays

elmac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks! S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) has gone off today recorded delivery - let's see what happens! I am determined they aren't getting away with this!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I've Just been reading through other threads and am a bit worried I might have used the wrong address for the SAR????? I sent it to the Freepost RLTA-CSU-TCHC Customer Relations in London - does anyone know if I've got thi swrong and should have used the basic Leicester address??

Thanks in advance :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Things are progressing - I received the standard Peter Townsend reply to my SAR - "bank is under no obligation yada yada yada" but it looks like they will be sending statements to me. Bizarrely, they said my cheque wasn't enclosed (it was!) but they seem to be doing it anyway.

Thanks Adrian - I don't know about you, bit I woldn't even attempt it without this site!! I'm sure between us all we can bring 'em to their knees!

Definately not, i didn't realise how much was involved until i joined here, especially with Barclays.

Wish those bloody statements would hurry up and arrive, i think they are just using the maximum 40 days on me to see if i'll fall at the 1st fence, no chance ! Cant wait to start the fight :D

Thanks Adrian - will keep an eye on how you're geting on against the blue meanies!!

Not suer if anyone has had this, but by a starnge coincidence, I had a letter from Barclaycard today, tellign me they've reduced my credit limit and withdrawn my cash facility. I find this v. strange, as I haven't got into any problems managing this account making payments on time and I haven't used the cash facility for ages. I just woner if this is coincidence or somethign to do with starting the claim?

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my statements and been through them - barclays very kindly posted through all statements since the dawn of time!! Total so far (not including the most recent ones!) comes to £2340

I've got a question for anyone reading this (please!:) ) There are 3 types of charges showing:

1) Paid referrals

2) Unpaids Out

3) Unauthorised overdraft fee

I don't really understand the difference between the first 2, but can I claim for all these types???

Many thanks guys!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

I finally posted my prelim letter today after almost driving myself demented trying to work out the whole interest thingy!!!!!!!!! After mucho support from CAG'ers I was able to get my head around it and have gone for the complex route - It was a struggle but will hopefully be worth it. 14 days.......here goes!!!!!

:) :) THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU WHO HELPED AND SUPPORTED OVER THE PAST 2 DAYS - YOU ARE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

Help!! I've rejected two full and final settlement offers what do I do now??

Hi Penni,

Please don't panic, I'm sure that "full and final" is just standard rubbish from the banks. Go to the step by step guide (sorry, don't know how to insert a link so I can't point you directly there) but this is covered. Also have a read through some of the "won" threads and you will be able to see how other members dealt with this.

Well Done Elmac!!! Its all getting exciting!!!:D Keep us posted!

Tori:)

Cheers Tori - feeling all pleased with myself :D !! - and thansk again for your advice yesterday (scales are clicked!!!!):)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

This might seem a bit daft, but I've looked and can't find an answer :confused: . I now need to post my LBA, and have noticed that the totals I used in my prelim letter have changed (obviously as interest is still accruing at a daily rate). I'm unsure whetehr I can use the updated amounts in my LBA or whether I need to stick to the amounts stated in my prelim letter - can anyone shed any light please? THANKS:)