Policy cancellation fees - can they charge this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just cancelled my car policy with norwhich Union because I no longer have my car. I was told that I would have to pay a cancellation charge of £52. Is this right and fair? I pointed out that I had been a loyal customer for years and as soon as I buy my new car this fee will ensure that I do not return my custom to them. Strikes me they are shooting themselves in the foot but i am still left with this bill for cancellation, and how does pressing a cancel button on the computer cost £52.00 hmmm?:confused:

First Direct -taking to court for £4455 on 14/12/06

Capital one: data request 12/12/06

MBNA data request 12/12/06

The cancellation fee is outlined clearly in all documentation which is sent to you prior to your renewal. These are part of the terms and conditions which you should agree with prior to renewal, as you renewed then you confirmed agreement.

You more than likely would also have had a charge for time on risk upto the cancellation date.

If you are likely to replace the vehicle before the policy would have run out then NU can suspend cover and transfer it to the new vehicle when required. You would still have to pay the policy as usual but would get a refund for the time on suspension once you re-instated cover.

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin: