HFO Services issuing court claim form

burt999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How do you mean "you'd been wrongly informed"? you are legally entitled to ask for that information - let him pass it to litigation, if they default (or have defaulted) it will go in your favour.

They shouldn't be doing anything until tehy have provided you with your CCA.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

these HFO seem like nasty pieces of work. that charging schedule looks suspiciously like the ones small time bailiff companies use. Tiglet is right - you must set the agenda - 12 working days and they cannot enforce without court approval +30 days then they have committed offence. Don't give up on this No Fear - there are plenty of people in these forums to help. Many have struggled with debt through no fault of their own - and some companies really like to put the boot in when your down. DCA's range from reasonable(very few) to absolute s**m(too many). Use the law to protect your rights - ask for help from mods if your stuck.

just had a look at turnbull rutherford on law society website. Guess what? this "dynamic", "relentlessly customer serving" powerhouse in the world of corporate legal affairs employs a grand total of 1 ( yep one!) solicitor according to the law society. Mind you HFO services are recruiting £12k + bonus. Hmmmmm wonder if one of Esther Rantzen's mates needs a job?

got repsonse from hfo about the cca letter it has been passed on to turnbull rutherford solicitors they said it could take up to eight weeks for to get the orinanal argreement due to a high demand ?and still getting pnohe calls from HFO

got repsonse from hfo about the cca letter it has been passed on to turnbull rutherford solicitors they said it could take up to eight weeks for to get the orinanal argreement due to a high demand ?and still getting pnohe calls from HFO

8 Weeks? Oh really- Tough luck on them if it takes them that long then. They'll have to take you to court to get the debt started again if it takes them that amount of time.

Just hate every DCA out there

and still getting pnohe calls from HFO

Send them a letter re harassment.

Sorry, I cant seem to insert the link here (can someone tell me how to do this?!), but try typing 'harassment letter' into the search section and it will jump out at you.

It worked for me.

No fear, you need to make a complaint to Trading Standards. Advise them that although you have made a CCA Request and consider the debt to be in dispute, that they continue to harrass you. I have already put a complaint in about these people myself for a friend. TS have taken the matter very seriously and are investigating their fitness to hold a Consumer Licence. The more people who complain, the worse it will be for these parasites who prey on those who are not aware of their rights. Dont forget to send TS copies of all corrspondence.

• 7 months later...

Laiste: your information was very helpful. I also receievd a court claim. I have writen to courts explaining that I have requested copy of CCA and a copy of deed of assignment therefor I need more time to file my defence.I have not heard from the HFO or their solicitors Can I ask the court to reject the claim since HFO or their solicitor not sent me the details I requested. Pl.Pl. Can someone help me.

Hi - this is my first post here. I came across this site when doing a Google search on HFO. Today I received an upsetting phone call from a chap at HFO. He said the debt I had with CitiCard had been sold onto him and threatened to start proceedings to take my house away from me if I did not settle my debt with HFO directly.

My debt with CitiCards is one of several debts I had as a result of being made redundant last year, and all my other debts are beng looked after by PayPlan whom I pay each month. They have been paying CitiCards, but this HFO chap said he will not deal with PayPlan, only wth me directly. I found him intimidating and he left me in tears.

I asked for something in writing from his company to verify everything before I would deal with them. I have read all the information in this thread. Can anyone advise me on what to do next? I have had nothing in writing from HFO at all - just this phone call. He says he will keep on phoning me. Please can someone help me?

SHould I wait for his informaton i writing and then send it onto PayPlan? Or should I send his company a letter as discussed earlier in this thread asking for all my former statements etc.

Laiste is absolutely spot on and in particular re the CCA and SAR requests. I got very muddle with this in one case and went after both and as court action had started all I needed to do was follow a Part18 request under the Court Protocol Rules which is basically send a letter asking for the information and give them a reasonable but not excessive deadline.

And remember don't admit to anything they have to prove every point against you. Good luck.

Thanks so much to both of you for replying so quickly. I feel much better now already just from reading through this Forum and seeing I am not alone. I never knew this place existed until today. I haven't received anything in writing from them yet, nor anything from a Court about legal action in writing - so I guess I should just do some preparation and then wait for those. Thanks again.

I am handling a complaint for a young relative of mine re thse people. They had a Citi credit card with a woefully low limit but they managed to stack up £1200 in penalty charges. Citi sold it to HFO services and when they protested they refunded a small part of the charges to HFO and they had paid (without knowing their rights) approx a third of the difference (bearing in mind it's all penalties).

Thought we had headed them off at the pass a little while back as no paperwork and they did not supply agreement or anything as requested so we are about to take them to court for full refund. I will post it up on sep thread when we have some new.

However point of all this is to say I had a very entertaining conversation with an African sounding gentleman there who denied he was a debt collector but an account executive or some such nonsense.

Turnbull's backed down very rapidly when I pointed out the law by the way but we are talking a much smaller amount. Do all your homework Rosie and defend and enter a counterclaim if they owe you anything.

Rosie start a thread. It is against OFT guidelines to refuse to deal with a third party who is acting on your behalf.

I suggest you also cover your letter in to their solicitors.

I definately plan to Rhia, but at present I have only received one threatening phone call from HFO. I have had nothing in writing, no Solicitors' letter with their details, and no Court letter about proceedings, so I thought I would wait until I had something more concrete, so I had all the relevant details to hand before starting a new thread. Thanks for all your help

HFO Services and Turnbull Rotherford are the same company owned by the same person they are actually based in South Wimbledon.

The agents are told not to let the customers know that they are part of the same company, it is a sackable offence.

They are actually based in the same office Turnbull Rotherford is situated on top of HFO services.

The reason that when you get a letter from Turnbull Rotherford the address is different is because they know that what they are doing is illegal it breaks FSA regulations for them to give you advice relating to your finances especially advice that doe not benefit you in any way but only helps them get paid quicker so they will use a different correspondance address when contacting you

Infact it is common practice for the legal team to go downstairs and pass information on to the HFO agents and vice versa which is illegal.

Next time you recieve a phone call from either of them ask them this, and because all calls are recorded they have to tell the truth but some times they will use mobile phones and set them to private if they wish to badger their clients into paying up or if they want to tell lies and not have it recorded.

HFO will send letters out to addresses that they suspect people who owe money may be living at, in the letter they will claim there is a package the client needs to pick up but they have to ring a number to confirm this, when the person rings the number they will be asked to give all their details and contact numbers, the client will not hear from them for a few days, then hey presto all of a sudden the client will start recieving calls from HFO on whatever numbers that they have provided and they will start recieving letters.

The agents will claim that they only accept direct debits or credit card payments, that is a lie the reason they ask for these payments is because they recieve commision for card payments.

There has been times when agents have been told it is illegal for them to ring the clients more than 3 times a day so are advised to use mobiles to harrass the clients as mobile calls are not logged on the database.

Laiste: your information was very helpful. I also receievd a court claim. I have writen to courts explaining that I have requested copy of CCA and a copy of deed of assignment therefor I need more time to file my defence.I have not heard from the HFO or their solicitors Can I ask the court to reject the claim since HFO or their solicitor not sent me the details I requested. Pl.Pl. Can someone help me.

Sarji,

Just picked this post up. Sorry.

If you have not formally acknowledged the N1 claim form, you should do so now.

I doubt you will get a response from HFO. If you wait until your 28 days runs out before submitting a defence but file on the day, HFO are sneaky enough to ask for judgment on day 29, especially if they have used their local Court in Wandsworth, hoping that the backlog in the court will still show your defence as not being filed on the court system.

I'd file your defence ASAP but include a paragraph that you ask to submit a further defence should HFO respond and submit details of their claim. To be sure, send anything to the court by recorded delivery and if you can afford it, by the service that guarantees next day delivery. If may cost a few pounds more now, but it is lot less than the 75 quid you will have to pay to get a judgement set aside.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Sorry but you can get this moved to your local court (assuming you aren't served by the same one) you will need to make a formal application to the court but just say you are a litigant in person and you would be unable to attend the other court.

Sorry but you can get this moved to your local court (assuming you aren't served by the same one) you will need to make a formal application to the court but just say you are a litigant in person and you would be unable to attend the other court.

I agree but it seems Wandsworth are waiting until you file a defence before transfering to a local court whereas other courts seem to transfer after receiving the acknowledgement of service. If the defence isn't lodged within 28 days, HFO seem to apply slightly in advance for judgement in default so along comes day 29, and bang, Judgement entered.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

• 2 months later...

I've been having payment problems with HFO as well and as yet have not received any written correspondence from them.

I am dealing with a William Black, or sometimes he calls himself William Blake and one day even Wilfred Owen, hee hee.

They left messages with my work that they would be sending three people to my offices tomorrow, this appears to be a lie, as ever.

The debt they claim is only for £100 pounds or so but they don't look like they will be replying to my CCA letter and also pulled the £1 payment trick.

I'm going to do an SAR now and see where that gets me.

Many thanks

David

No surrender, its time to fight and take heart that come April a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman willl cost them £400 a pop, probably enough to put them under.

Good luck, going to try a