• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Closey v Woolwich ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thank you Paddy!

Warrent issued against Woolwich yesterday afternoon....I specified that the monies owed must be issued by cheque, NOT paid into my Woolwich account.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

fair play to you closey well done lets hope the cheques winging its way to you ! get yourself a nice bottle of wine and relax and enjoy !

paddy

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Today MCOL says:

'Your warrant request has been accepted. The warrant has now been sent to the bailiff at the appropriate court for action'.

How very exciting!

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

LOL- You go girl

Letter asking for my money back sent 24/07/06

Letter sent by them saying a big fat "NO" on the 26/07/06

LBA sent via email on the 31/07/06 14 days and counting.

Letter from them on 07/08/06 saying Bugger Off

MONEY CLAIM ISSUED 14/08/06

Does anyone know what happens now and what timescales are generally involved?

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Wow, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest on here in the fact thay you've got a warrant issued against them.

Normally, people are swarming all over a thread such as yours.

I'm gonna keep an eye on here to see how the Woolies respond.

:razz:the winner takes it all :razz:

Hi There ALL !!

I am in dispute with woolwich. for 2 months now... the problem is that I always believed that my mortgage maturation date was 2008 when I reach 60 and plan to release equity for penison purposes. I had an appointment with a financial advisor for the 4th July and just called Woolwich on 3rd July to confirm that my maturation date was on target for April 2008. Imagine my shock when they told me that I had requested a term change to 11 years( not the agreed and signed mortgage offer of 10 years and 89.9% mortgage.. I have religously kept all data and documents statements etc from inception to the present date and I have no recollection of requesting any changes ...I did not need to request such life altering changes, as I had not got any money probs and was/am in a good job..psychaitric nurse so why would I.. and if I had then I would have safely put away with all othere mortgage documentation the said agreement signed by myself and I imagine also the Woolwich.. I got multiple letters together with loads of anomalies therin etc »»

but then I sent a letter asking them to provide me with ALL the relevant documents that I allegedly signed agree to a term change and the coreesponding reduced payments .. that was dated 27 July 06 and got reply on 2 august a bog standard we need another 10 days to explore the issues raissed in your letter--

All I wanted was proof of that I did request the changes and to my mind that would just entail sending me a photcopy of all the relevant documents ..I have not heard from them since..

I also sent further letesr to head of the customer relationship department in mortgage servicing in Leeds and also to head of customer services in Bexleyheath Kent.. and guess what no replies altho only sent the kent letter on 30/8/06..

The result is that my overall well being has been compromised requiring medical intervention.. comments would be welcomed .. I am determined to see this through to the end even go on watchdog when it returns to the BBC in october but hey from what I hear the financial ombudsman is nearly always on the side of the big institution and not the financially challenged individidual ..

I have just called the court for an update.

The baliff has written to the Woolwich to allow them 7 days in which to make payment. If they don't then the baliffs will prepare to go in and sieze goods. This process can take up to a month, so I'm guess I'm still in with a wait.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Hi Closey,

Way to go, take your camera along when goods get seized so that we can all see it happen. Well done and good luck :)

9/8/2006 Moneyclaim Submitted £490

15/8/06 Reply from court, Lloyds have acknowledged with intention to defend

11/9/06 28 days to the day defence submitted by Lloyds

13/9/06 AQ received reqd to return by 30/9/06 to Rugby CC

29/9/06 AQ completed and returned to court

I'd like to see things from the banks point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my a**.

I spoke to the bailiff today for an update. He advised me that he is visiting the local branch in Brighton on Thursday and to call back Friday morning.

I would love to be there to see what happens, but have commitments on Thursday I can't get out of.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

You are more than welcome!

North Street in Brighton.

A friend is having a word with a local press officer to see if she can run a story on it.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

i wish i could closey but like yourself ive to be somewhere else would be great publicity though if press got wind of it dont ya think ?

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

I've really been dragging my feet with my reclaim. (Could give lots of reasons why but just wont go there) A lot of my correspondence with the woolwich has been over the phone and I received a final offer of 985 pounds in July. The lady I spoke with informed me that I have paid 4419 pounds in charges in last six years and sent me all my statements for that period. Today I'm sending LBA and will work out the interest if the woolich do not contact me in 14 day period. I must admit, I am finding it difficult but will persevere. Well done to all who are making good progress and best of luck to those, like me, who are still trying.

Thats a tidy sum. Stick with it

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Hello sweetheart x I'm not 100% but trying hard to keep my chin up and keep busy. Mending a broken heart is never easy, but I know it won't last forever.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Done!

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Right - well just entered all my figures into calculation spreadsheet and claiming from 09/06/00 - 08/06/06. The total figure comes up as 4341.50. Going to roll with this now and insert figures into LBA. Things are moving slowly but surely.

Hi twistedsista, have you got your own thread on this so I can have a look at it? maybe its just me but your figures don't seem to add up:confused:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks