Need help with unfair parking ticket westminster council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, having a problem with a ticket i recieved last year in july from westminster council. The yellow line on which my bike was parked was barely visable and in most cases just not there. Infact i didnt even notice it until i came back to two wardens writing out a ticket. The council has photographic evidence of this. I contacted the council the same day but got told to wait for the charge through the post. I recieved the charge but didnt do anything until i recieved the NTO. I filled the appropriate section and sent it off. I didnt hear from the council for a while so i phoned and asked what the situation was. Apparently they didnt get the letter i had sent. They told me to write another letter explaining the situation. I did this but unfortunatley i wrote a different PCN from a previous ticket on the letter. I only figured this out yesterday when i recieved an order for recovery of charges. I phoned them up again and explained to them what had happened. they found the letter i had sent but said they couldnt use it as it was too late and the best thing i could do would be to pay the charge. Apparenlty, the fact that the ticket was not valid in the fisrt place doesnt matter anymore as i had my chance to challenge it. Ive had to fill in the statutory declaration but this is to explain why i didnt challenge the ticket. really not sure what to do as every time i ring the council they give me the same anwser...pay the fine

and..... when i spoke to them today about the NTO missing in the post they said i should have sent it via registered post. I didnt, therefore my fault and i loose the right to challenge. Is it normal to do this?