thespaceshanty vs Barclays

thespaceshanty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

Here’s an update on how my claim is going with Barclays Bank…

5 December 2006 –

Sent first letter requesting 6 years worth of charges/statements

7 December 2006 –

Received standard letter informing me statements had been ordered, free of charge

12 December 2006 –

Received all 6 years worth of statements

28 December 2006 –

Sent first letter asking for debited money back minus interest, 14 day deadline - £2800.00

9 January 2007 –

Letter of refusal from Barclays stating charges are lawful, but £1000.00 offered as ‘good will’ payment

15 January 2007 –

Sent letter before action refusing ‘good will’ offer and requesting full amount plus interest totaling £3443.39

29 January 2007 –

One day before 14 day deadline, called Barclays to enquire into status of my complaint, told by Customer Service Manager, Andrew Walker that the complaint had been closed and no further action was needed on their part. I requested that the complaint be re-opened and properly addressed, he also looked forward to hearing from me via the courts!

30 January 2007 –

Claim filed with Money Claim Online for £3443.39 plus £120 court fee

5 March 2007 -

Claim defended by Barclays

8 March 2007 -

Allocation questionnaire arrived, completed and sent back

25 March 2007 –

Payment and AQ processed, court also received Barclays AQ

18 April 2007 –

Received notice of Preliminary Hearing set for 18 July at Croydon County Court

Long road still ahead with my date so far away - fingers crossed, I will call Barclays just before my hearing for a settlement...

:)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a preliminary hearing on 17th July (Central London court), against Barclays. Having originally been told (on Tuesday) that they'd be writing to me this week to settle, they are now saying that they are sending a barrister to the preliminary hearing. IEven though not requested, I've just finished the court bundle and anm sending that in today. I'm only claiming £605.

Am dealing with Thomas Hickey.

I shall keep an eye on this Glamorgeous, emailed Dino a few weeks ago and just got a response back saying send him all paperwork as he would be dealing with it. No offer at mo. Should I try again does anyone think??

Bigem, Rec'd today offer letter from Barclays for my full claim in response to my Prelim Hearing on 11th July - see here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/70074-slick-barclays-business.html

I'd email Dino again politely confirming Court case number, the hearing date with an updated SOC (schedule of charges). He's been very quick to reply but you may have to wait another week or so.

They do seem to be quite busy at the moment!

Good luck, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Slick - what's bizarre with mine is that they had stated they would be settling, but then, obviously had a change of tack and are going to attend the preliminary hearing. Has anyone else had this - where Barclays sdtall before the hearing, but still settle?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys here's an update n how my claim is going...

5 December 2006 –

Sent first letter requesting 6 years worth of charges/statements

7 December 2006 –

Received standard letter informing me statements had been ordered, free of charge

12 December 2006 –

Received all 6 years worth of statements

28 December 2006 –

Sent first letter asking for debited money back minus interest, 14 day deadline - £2800.00

9 January 2007 –

Letter of refusal from Barclays stating charges are lawful, but £1000.00 offered as ‘good will’ payment

15 January 2007 –

Sent letter before action refusing ‘good will’ offer and requesting full amount plus interest totaling £3443.39

29 January 2007 –

One day before 14 day deadline, called Barclays to enquire into status of my complaint, told by Customer Service Manager, Andrew Walker that the complaint had been closed and no further action was needed on their part. I requested that the complaint be re-opened and properly addressed, he also looked forward to hearing from me via the courts!

30 January 2007 –

Claim filed with Money Claim Online for £3443.39 plus £120 court fee

5 March 2007 -

Claim defended by Barclays

8 March 2007 -

Allocation questionnaire arrived, completed and sent back

25 March 2007 –

Payment and AQ processed, court also received Barclays AQ

18 April 2007 –

Received notice of Preliminary Hearing set for 18 July at Croydon County Court

27 May-9 July 2007 -

Calling and emailing Barclay's Litigation team with an answer, no joy - no answer on phones and emails ignored...

18 July 2007 -

Off to Court! :O(

Thanks Trucker, already emailed him though - Paul is dealing with my claim, but I decided after trying so many times to email he whole team and still no eply, they are SO bad!! Not sure how the judge will respond to that!

Perhaps Paul is stressed, I know I would be! Do you think Barclays will be giving their Lit team staff a bonus lmao :D

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

They really are a joke, Paul has not rung me back and guess what, straight to voice mail now! I just hope the judge will take noe of this as it is no way professional!

keep a record of all emails and telephone calls [including unanswered ones] so you can use it to show you have tried everything to keep this claim out of the courts.

everything you do to prove they had every chance but ignored you will help you if it comes to the big day..

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

I have, thanks dar£n, kept a record and printed out all the emails and the fax and have rough dates for calls -just left a really strong message on both Krysta's and Paul's answer machines, it's just so unprofessional of them not to want to stop this going to court and wasting so many peoples time!

I have, thanks dar£n, kept a record and printed out all the emails and the fax and have rough dates for calls -just left a really strong message on both Krysta's and Paul's answer machines, it's just so unprofessional of them not to want to stop this going to court and wasting so many peoples time!

dont leave messages that are abusive or threatening in any way, always remain calm and appear professional.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.