thespaceshanty vs Barclays

thespaceshanty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sent this as Dino is dealing with my case: due at a preliminary hearing 24th July

Dear Mr Papaevripides,

We are at a hearing with yourselves next Tuesday, 24th July 2007, at Gloucester County Court,

I very much look forward to seeing yourselves there, however if you should wish to settle in full I would accept.

The amount being £1640.00 + £547.54 (interest) + £220.00 (court fee's) Total £2434.49

I am contactable during the day on 07902 ***** or by email.

Yours Sincereley

Attached spreadsheet of charges

Okay so I finally got an email from Paul asking why I had not responded to his settlement letter - one i never got... guess why... becuase he sent the email in error!! What is with these guys, are they unable to do thier jobs now? Off to court tomorrow!

Hey guys, an update following on from my pre-lim hearing yesterday, basically Barclays sent a pathetic man along as counsel and he was eaten alive by the judge and me! Great experiance, the judge was totally on my side and a full trial has been set for October - the judge mentioned a test trial so we shall see, his words where 'If you turn up!'.

Barclays insistsed on having more time to go over the schedual of charges, then in the next sentance told the judge they had never recived such a document! So I have to send it to them again! So will now finish off my court bundle which I actually took yesterday and surprised the counsel guy.... hopefully I can put an end to this pretty soon!!

Excellent.

Good work, looks like you're going to kick ass, AND they know it..

Bet you get a settlement letter within a week or so.

you could email them at the Lit Team saying "as your representative failed so miserably, to save you from further embarrassment, I am prepared to settle out of court."

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks dar£n! It really did feel good coming out of the court knowing that a. the judge was on my side and has seen loads of these cases never go to trial wasting everybodies time and b. the counsel representative had nothing to say, he even took me to one side outside the court room which was frowned upon by the staff there...

In my letter to Barclays lit team when sending my schedule of charges I have mentioned the trial which they are I'm sure more than aware of and whether they would like to think about a settlement.

To top it off they queried my charges and the interest applied - it's in black and white on my statements they sent me! Every charge every applied, how ignorant are these people!? vbmenu_register("postmenu_1015537", true);

Well done Space.

Shame the dates so far off when you're clearly in a good Ass- Kicking mood right now.

Good luck with the Lit Team, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Talk about dragging their heals......well done for your prep work space. Barclays just seem to want to drag this out as long as possible....(B)ankers!!

Looks like that'll be me next week too.

Bigem

Space - you are an inspiration! I've just this minute got off the phone from the Lit team who said they're sending a rep to my allocation hearing next week rather than choosing to settle out of court now - so I've copied your email saying you'd still rather settle out of court and have decided to get my bundle together to take to court with me same as you did as surprise ammunition. Was feeling rather scared but your account of the Barclays rep and the judge's beahviour has made me feel far more confident so thanks for that! Wishing you all the best in your continued fight.

Barclays insistsed on having more time to go over the schedual of charges, then in the next sentance told the judge they had never recived such a document! So I have to send it to them again

If only you had requested the judge to strike out the defence there and then... a contradiction in terms

Hey guys thanks for the support! Firefly100 good luck to you - just be as prepared for anything, the budle is not needed and the judge hardly directs anything at you more at the counsel rep but the very fact you are sitting there with a full prepared bundle with as much (amunition) evidence as you can club together then anything they contridict can be blown out of the water.

I have put togther a letter when I am sending the Lit team today which is my full schedule of charges plus proof I have already send these numerous times in the past and a message regarding settlement - my court case will be early October which I know is way off, however I am holiday at the beginning so if Barclays want to settle I wont be around...putting them in an awkward situation, so settle now of face the judge!!! :)

I know Trucker, I had so much to think about and going on at the time I didn't ven think about it! Wish I had though :( still the sooner I can end this the better I really can no be bthered with waiting until October that will be 10 onths since I started this journey... although it will be loads more interest.... ;)

Hello guys. Sposed to be in court today but am in Gloucester and court closed due to the flooding, and no water and no electric. (pitifull excuse) SO who only knows when we'll be re scheduled for. So there we are, I will fight another day. Hi Ho, well if we don't all die of dehydration anyway!!

Bigem27

So I went to court today - account in my thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/86937-firefly100-barclays.html

they basically need more time to deal with my case due to a large back log so I've another allocation hearing set for 30th August... but interestingly, although Barclays said they had received my schedule of charges there were numerous cases this morning where Barclays said they hadn't received adequate particulars of claim e.g. schedule of charges, bank account numbers etc - the claimants in all the cases I witnessed all said that these had been supplied numerous times - same as you space so maybe this is a tactic of Barclays to buy more time...

Hey guys another update..

I now have my final court date hearing set for 11 September 2007 however it has an important notice...

"In order to provide your case with the earliest possible hearing date, it has been listed in second place to another case f similar length, since enperiance shows that many cases settle and the judges time is often wasted.

If the case before yours has not settled the day before the scheduled hearing, you will be notified by 3pm and your case will be re-listed on another day as a fixed appointment."

So we shall see what happens, I am in the process of calling Barclays to settle this now as ther is no way I am allowing them all this time to sit back and wait!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys here is an update on my court hearing which is scheduled for Sep 11 - Barclays have advised me they will be asking for a 'stay' I called the court and the judge has not honoured this as yet - he will be making the decision in court... I have requested judgement but I believe in this kind of case you can not. I am looking for some advise... I need to stand my ground in court and defend any 'stay' to ensure it's not granted I don't want to go down the route of human rights etc, but obviouly I want a fair trial considering this has been going on since Dec 06! Please let me know your thoughts!! Thanks!!

TSS,

You have to be prepared for a Stay so take 3 copies of this to Court with you - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html#post1046820

I take it you've sent in your Court Bundle and Barclays will NOT have done so your best shot is to ask for B's defence to be Struck Out for non-compliance (assuming Bundles were ordered by Court) and an Abuse of the Court Process.

Let's hope you get the same judge as before.

And read these short threads for info and inspiration.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/110829-court-case-next-week.html

Good Luck, Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.