Shadeygrey vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Im new to this excellent forum and have a few questions regarding my intended claims ;)

I have had two halifax credit cards in the past 6 years which have at some points accumilated alot of charges. One is closed now.

Im currently in the process of waiting for my statements to arrive on the active card so can tot up the charges, i understand i can add all "late payment" and "overlimit charge" charges and work out the interest on those charges?

I have also got some "missed payments" notices on my credit file, some of which may be related to charges taking me over my limit, some were simply missed payments, im going to try and work out what happened for each default and try to appeal them?

Also, im worried what they may do about my active credit card.. will they close mine down and demand the outstanding balance? Hopefully ill get enough to close it down anyway, but if im short..?

Thanks guys!

Hi Shadeygrey

Welcome on board, all over limit and late payment charges can be claimed back, in fact I had it confirmed by a very nieve call centre manager on the phone last night that these are "penalties", I wish I had recorded it but have asked for a transcript and a copy from them, we shall see because he said alot of things which clearly he shouldn't have admitted to me and I wouldn't be surprised if it was "lost", anyway my SAR is going there today, was gonna leave it until after I had done the Halifax Bank but they deserve it the arrogant so and sos !!

Harry

Thanks Harry

After reading alot of other threads i think i know what to do now, but im still unsure what halifax could do to my other accounts as listed above, also what they may do to the card im claiming on itself, im just a little paranoid, thanks!

Popped into my branch today and got them to send out 6 years of current account statements for £5!!

should have them in a few days!

like i say above im not sure whether i want to claim on my current account due to my needed overdraft and loan ;/

To be sure halifax cant threaten to close down any of my accounts i have been busy getting credit elsewhere.

I got a 0% interest free for 13 months from virgin, which will close down the credit card im claiming against (and hopefully will pay off with claims)

Also followed advice on moneysavingexpert.com and opened a current account with Alliance & Lecester, scored myself a 0% overdraft for 12 months, and 6.10% AER on credit

They will match my overdraft, so bye bye halifax current account, savings account and overdraft

Just leaves a £9000 loan with halifax, Alliance and leicester wanted me to apply for that too, but i see it uses rule of 78 for paying off interest which i dont like.. but i would save about £700 by swapping (if i get there typical APR which i probably woundnt)

Once my links with halifax are gone i have nothing to loose, muwha!