• Tweets

• Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
    • If i did it through the bank, they seem to have an online form. I wondered if this is the best way or to do a letter, add supporting documents and send them through the post, recorded delivery  ?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Jan v A&L won 24/8/07 - in spite of stay!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:? Great - I think I have started a new thread! Hope it is in the right place.

Have just sent first letter to A&L for details of charges for last 6 years.I have a parachute account with Cahoot (with whom I have had no problems)

My account with A&L was mainly for DD only for bills - but due to an error on our behalf went slightly over the OD limit next thing I know three charges of £34.00 for failed DD - even though my husbands salary is paid in on regular basis.Then it takes days to trf the money over for the DD and the charges.So it becomes a vicious circle.This has happened before and we have just paid up without argument and after seeing publicity for this site I have decided to take things further.I had asked for a temporary OD increase (while transferring money )and was refused and they mentioned an adverse credit rating? Cant see how this is the case as we have just had a large increase on mortgage granted - so they would have done thorough checks. Doing my own credit check anyway as thought it would be useful as amunition if A&L slap something on as a result of my action.I will update when I get details of charges.:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome!

Well done for taking the first steps. A+L will take you to the wire before repaying, they did with me! If you find that they have entered a default or the like on your credit report, demand that they remove it as it was due to charges levied by themselves.

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

Just a quick question.I am doing my homework and reading lots of threads.If I find one with helpful info how do I save it as a favourite? Is that the same as subscribing to the thread? I am understanding preparation and research a lot better - but finding posting/threads etc a bit harder to understand!It must be my age:o

getting the hang of this now -

wish I had sent SAR recorded if dont get reply soon or cheque cashed I will send again recorded.

ONLY MISTAKE YOU MAKE IS ONE YOU DONT LEARN FROM:rolleyes:

confidence up now and want to get started:smile: Especially now A&L penalised for closing accounts:cool:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Easiest way of doing it is, look at the bar at the top of the thread, and click on Thread Tools. That will allow you to subscribe to that thread. You can choose when/if you want updates emailed to you. And you can use the quick links in the Forum top bar to go to subscriptions later on. Threads with new postings since your last visit will be in bold, so it's easy to see if there's anything new.

Hope that helps.

Seahorse

Thanks for that -getting the hang of it now.There is so much useful information out there.

Just re-sent SAR recorded this time.

Just want to get started now.

jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...

been away for a week - but on return have received a SAR questionaire form (two pages) and asking for cheque (already sent!)

Will send back form with photo copy of cheque tomorrow.

Keen to get things moving now!

jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 4 weeks later...

Statements promised by 21/3 and received on 16th. Now have the task of going through them to see the extent of the damage.But it will be worth it I am sure.

I am also going to take my time and read the guides again to make sure I dont make any mistakes at this stage:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Have been through all statements and just about to do preliminary letter. charges about £1000.00

I just want to check the following:

I have claimed unauthorised od charges/failed dd and failed cheque charges.

I have also included "paid item " charges (£25.00 each) what are these - does it mean when they pay a dd after it has failed?

I can see monthly charges for authorised OD of £5.00 a month(called monthly overdraft charge) which I have not claimed as understand these are service charges - but on odd occasions for no apparent reason this went up to £8.00 and once £25.00?

Am I safer to leave this out?

I have not included any interest charges at all as having read a lot of threads I dont think a definitive decision has been made on this. I understand the 8% can be added on at the court stage.

If somone can just point me in the right direction to check which charges can be claimed I would be grateful:idea: :confused:

jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Jansus- I noticed on my statements prior to a set date in 04 (which I canny remember) there was never any Unathorised OD Charges levied against my account, just the Monthly OD charge went from £5 to £25, so I classed that £20 difference as the unauth fee. The terms of our accounts its a £5 pcm fee for the overdraft, any more and it had to be some kind of penalty charge.

Good luck - we're at a similar stage for similar amount so it'll be useful to keep track of how you are doing!

:)

thanks for that - my letter will be sent thurs by recorded delivery - just going to double check everything before i send

:) jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Have been through all statements and just about to do preliminary letter. charges about £1000.00

I just want to check the following:

I have claimed unauthorised od charges/failed dd and failed cheque charges.

I have also included "paid item " charges (£25.00 each) what are these - does it mean when they pay a dd after it has failed?

Yes it is what they charge you for paying dd

I can see monthly charges for authorised OD of £5.00 a month(called monthly overdraft charge) which I have not claimed as understand these are service charges - but on odd occasions for no apparent reason this went up to £8.00 and once £25.00?

Am I safer to leave this out?

If it does not show every month,overdrawn or not it's a charge not a fee so claim it

I have not included any interest charges at all as having read a lot of threads I dont think a definitive decision has been made on this. I understand the 8% can be added on at the court stage.

If somone can just point me in the right direction to check which charges can be claimed I would be grateful:idea: :confused:

jansus

Hi jansus

The comments in red above are my own opinion but I put them in to give you something to think about

Hope it helps

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

yes i see what you mean.

It also seems odd to charge a fee for an overdraft that has been agreed.

the charges are higher recently especially for just going overdraft by say £1.00 even when they know money paid in on regular basis . I noticed from my old statements they were much more lenient:rolleyes:

jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

yes i see what you mean.

It also seems odd to charge a fee for an overdraft that has been agreed.

the charges are higher recently especially for just going overdraft by say £1.00 even when they know money paid in on regular basis . I noticed from my old statements they were much more lenient:rolleyes:

jansus

I think they reason if you take small charges with no fuss you'll take bigger ones the same way thus maximizing profit from you:mad:

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

preliminary letter and schedule sent recorded delivery.

just waiting for standard reply now.

will stick to recommended timetable even if I get early answer.

jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 3 weeks later...

Few days behind my schedule as have had a bit of a family crisis .

But just doing my LBA now and making sure I have all my paperwork together.

Will photocopy everything again and send recorded delivery tomorrow - then try and read up again on the next stage while waiting for one of their standard replies. I am going to go the MCOL route next .

Thanks everyone for their messages of support.

Now anyone got answers for a sister going through a messy separation who asks for advice and then does completely the opposite??!!

jansus;)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Question-

I am just doing my LBA .

I have been watching my credit report and have noticed that since I started the action A&L have placed two or three "amber warnings" on my account. As if i wouldnt have guessed they would:rolleyes: . I have never had these on my account before . They are not defaults but still affect the credit rating as they are obviously visible to anyone doing a credit check.

As they are not defaults can I still make a request that they are removed ? Especially as I was only a few pounds over my limit before they added all the charges. And also taking into consideration I asked for a temporary increase in my overdraft whilst I transferred some money to my account?

In other words can I add a personal paragraph to the standard letter??:?

Thanks

Jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

bump

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 1 month later...

Done it - filed MCOL at last - thanks to the thread by Michael Browne it was quite straight forward.

Just a waiting game now

Jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi Jansus,

Did you get an answer about the amber warnings on your credit report? My credit score has been slowly improving over the past year and the last thing I want is them messing it up for me

Jo

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

no - I didnt get a reply from anybody here and the only correspondence I could find on the site referred to defaults which mine are not. So I have left it for the moment. I am annoyed about them though as all my other accounts are all little green blobs which mean the A&L ones show up like a sore thumb and it has reduced my credit rating to fair from good.

jansus:mad:

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I've posted this question on MSE so if I get any response I'll let you know

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Hi Jansus,

The only reply I've had is to say that amber blobs normally appear when you are three months overdue. Not sure if you can make any sense on this, but hope it helps

Jo

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***