can I charge WELCOME storage fees for car?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

In a reply to a recent thread on my early vt of contract it had been suggested (thanks for the suggestion londonpam) that i could Possibly charge the parasites at welcome finance storage fees for the car that is still in my possession, would this be possible? and if so how would i go about it?, any help would be appreciated as i would love to be able to get something on them!!!!:D

thanks guys

;) ;)

DPA template letter sent on 28/07/06

Standard reply recieved on 04/08/06

Copy statements recieved on 30/08/06

How much is the car worth? if its not alot they wont be interested and will leave it to rot.

They will also leave it to rot if it is still in your name

Has the registered owner been changed as Welcome just move vehicle's they don't register them!!

So i have to wonder whos the registered owner now.??

Please call DVLA as soon as possible.

If your name is still registered and the car is a runner, and you have the finalisation document that your account is closed, then offer them a further £50 if you think you could sell it on or use it agian.

Sometimes accounts are not closed on VT and you get a nasty shock in 12 months, always get closure and a hand over letter even if they don't take the car, the account managers have little to do with the ownership it is all done at head office.

When you VT'd you could of also offered a minimal amount many cars are not worth thier time to collect and its easier and cheaper to write the remaining balance off with a small payment.

Once you VT the car they have usually covered all teh money lent and more, so they have no actuall loss anyway.

If your account had balance outstanding worth collecting and teh account manager couldn't close it then he would have collected and sold it.

unless as advised above he has not completed the VT.

Hope this helps:)

I just wanted to say thank to you all for helping me get out of the welcome finance deal. They have returned my payments and taken back the car. The wording in your suggested letters cetainly helped. WEll done and keep up the good work. No doubt be back in touch soon with another problem!!

Thanks for your reply blue lagoon,

I have no written proof or otherwise from welcome regarding my vt'ing of car and had been wondering how to approach this, also i had made the account manager come up to see the car which he said they wouldn't rush to pick the car up if at all!

I rang the DVLA to transfer the ownership over to welcome and sent off the form to the DVLA

the car is about a thousand pounds worth but needs some money spent on it to get it going again

what do i do now to keep the car if i can?

thanks guys

thanks joncris

i'll draw up a draft letter and post it on here before i send it for others to use.

this site has to be the most helpfull and friendly place i've ever visited, needless to say without your help i would be lost

thanks guys