Seasidelady V Halifax****WON 2 CLAIMS SETTLED IN FULL*******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With her barclays acount i sent lba on the 9th March and they offered on the 17th.

As for her barclay card,i sent SAR and they send the ususal statements till 2004 and messing around with the microfilm issue.

But they still have till the 2nd April to send the rest.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congratulations!!!!!! Been a long time coming, but worth it in the end (hope u've sobered up now)??!!! I must admit it was the biggest high in my life when i got the money in my account, 2 wks later, worth the stress!!

Well done:lol:

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

Thanx Traci.

Had a great weekend, and paid all my debts today.

So today i am officially debt free......!!!! :D :D

Now that is a great feeling.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

HI DOO I WILL REMEMBER TO SEND CHEQUE THIS TIME IT WILL BOUNCE THO COS THEY TAKING ALL MY BENIFIT MONEY AN MY CHILDS MONEY EACH WEEK AN LEAVING ME WITH NOTHIN TO LIVE ON IT SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED. PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR ME COS I WILL NEED HELP AN IF I GET ALL MY CHARGES BACK I WILL DEFINATLY BE MAKING A DONATION MANY THANX JULESX:confused:

Hiya jules,

You need to start a new thread so that when you post, everyone can see it and you will get more help.

If you think your cheque will bounce then you can send a postal order.

As for them taking all your money, most of us have been there..!

Try sending this letter...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-right-appropriation-stop-bank.html

Any help you need along the way, just shout.

F&Q's... Read here

Sorry to bother you Sea side lady - but wondered if I could ask your advice - not getting much response on my thread since I started it - and wondered if you could provide me with your view - would that be ok?? I am tad confused, to say least...bank holidays to give extra days or no??

Hiya vebb.

No bother....:p

No extra days for bank holidays or any other days. your time scales are dead on 14 days, unless they respond, then you can send the next.

I am on my way to find your thread, i will bookmark it so i can see how you are doing.

Thanx sanand. Worth it all in the end..:D

Now if only i could stop spending it.... he he he

F&Q's... Read here

sea-sidelady,

That is a great encouragement to those of us who are not as far along the road as you've gone.

Congratulations!

I'm in the early stages, myself, 2 HBoS accounts, domiciled in Scotland, and the total charges for 6 years is almost £25,000! No wonder I had no money!

Dusary.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Crickey Bob Dusary thats going to be a noce wad when you get it back! Get it issued right on the nail then you can get all that interest as well. We are still waiting for the Baliff to enforce Judgment on ours from February. I feel sooo tempted to drive up there & demand the money myself.

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

Hi I am glad you got your money seaside lady, still waiting for mine to be paid in, shouldnt be long now, wondering whether to send off another data request letter to go back further than the 6 years, as the new info suggests, has anyone else done it yet?

Dandylion

:)

Dandylion

Crickey Bob Dusary thats going to be a noce wad when you get it back! Get it issued right on the nail then you can get all that interest as well. We are still waiting for the Baliff to enforce Judgment on ours from February. I feel sooo tempted to drive up there & demand the money myself.

Hehe! If it hadn't been for folks like you ....... !!!!!!!

Anyhow's - I've now asked for statements going back 20 years!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Well done sea-sidelady, I've been watching/reading your "saga" with interest. Congratulations, it just goes to show what a little persistence can do for you eh?

;):D

BOS :D.P.A/S.A.R - (In Branch) 28/02/07

PRELIM - 06/03/07 (std 8 wk reply recieved)

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

COURT PAPERS FILED - 04/04/07

SETTLED - 17/05/07

CAPITAL ONE :DPA/S.A.R - 06/03/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

COURT PAPERS FILED - 14/05/07

If I've been any help please click the scales and let me know.

Whilst only too happy to help in any way I can, any advice given by me is done in a completely lay capacity and has been gathered either from research on this forum or from personal experience. I am NOT a lawyer...... IF IN DOUBT SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE...........

The best way to think of it is......it is YOUR money, no matter what..!!

And they will pay up eventually. Just keep with it, and ask for help when you get stuck. And most of all .... DONT GIVE UP! :smile:

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Sea side lady - sorry to bother you again - you must be sick of me - you can put two accounts on one MCOL can't you? I have not read it wrong have I??

Also since it was done I have had more charges - do I just ignore those now?

Hi Vebb,

No im not sick of you....:D

If you havnt filed yet then add the charges on.

Otherwise you will have to pay a non refundable fee of £35.

Yes you can combine onto 1 claim.

F&Q's... Read here

Or do like I have done Vebb & save all the additional charges for a 2nd claim timed to go in v the HSBC late summer for another good Xmas!

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be a pain I don't seem to have much luck with my own thread - can I ask some advice, as I promised to let you know how I was getting on also - I have Received the Notice of Acknowledgement from MCOL 27/4/07, staying "Ack of Service of your Claim has been filed today, a copy of which is attached. The defendant now has 28 days from the dat eof service of the claim form to file a defence."

On the Acknowledgement, the box has been ticked that the slicitor intends to defend all of this claim.

1. Is this the norm, and how they are usually received, and to be expected

2. Do I just follow procedure now and send copy schedules to their solicitor.

Truly grateful if I could have your comments/advice as to date you have been amazing help to me over this trail??

Thanks Sea side lady

yes that hte norm, just carry on:)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Thank you - that support I need just now, didn't know if I was being treated "differently" - would be just my luck!!! ok - i know how I will proceed now...sorry to be a nuisance

2. Do I just follow procedure now and send copy schedules to their solicitor.

No need. I am assuming you sent 3 copies to the court so one will have been forwarded to their solicitor. If you think about it logically how can they say they are going to defend if they have no particulars. From now on it gets interesting. In my case they made me 3 offers before caving in and coughing up the whole lot. I would suggest you read some of the success stories so you will see how others got on. It may well be that once the 28 days are almost up you will have a very pleasant letter from them. You're doing fine. Sally