Barclaycard response to SAR

oscar52
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

.. They are busy, they have had lots of request all of which they are dealing with and i will get my statements soon. They also seem to mention (in very confusingly worded english) that the letter constitutes a reply within the 40 day limit.

Suggestions?

Mine would be complain anyway

Hi Oscar,

I sent a S.A.R. to barclaycard just before Christmas. Their 40 days will be up very soon, and as yet i have heard nothing!

Bank templates library has a few suggestions on ways to tackle this. If you are in a situation to estimate charges, i believe you can start a claim. Alternativley you can start proceedings to force them to comply.

Personally i intend to write a sternly worded letter, clearly stating a 7 day deadline before a complaint will be made to the Information Comissioner. The only downside with this route is i understand the comissioner is already inundated with such complaints!

I dont believe the letter constitutes a reply! You clearly asked for all personal information held, which has to be supplied within 40 days. They have failed to supply anything!

Regards

Mike

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

just noticed in my original post, probably a critical omission - they say they have alerted the commissioner to this fact - oh, and "they are unable to enter any correspondance on this matter"

oscar - I would send off the SAR non-compliance letter and let them know that if you don't get your statements you WILL take them to court and get a judge to force them to. Being inundated with requests is no reason to fail to comply with the law. This is probably yet another delaying tactic.

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

Oscar et al

The banks have 40 days by statute, if they fail to comply they have commited an offence, you have to decidee to wait on their pleasures, take them t court, or complain to the ico.

Personally my preference would be court, ICO, wait (not!).

Taking them t court is easy and it will focus their minds and they will send you the data.

The only response under the DPA you need to accept is the produciotn or your data.

I have some contacts at the ICO, i think that letter sounds interesting is it possible to have a copy?

If it is please pm me and ill send it tomy contact she will be interested im sure.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Oscar,

I recieved the same letter today,

Writing to tell me the 40 days is about to expire. They have a delay because of the volume of requests. ICO have been informed that they have a huge volume, and that they are letting me know. Sorry for the delay we'll supply statements asap. we are unable to enter into correspondance with you about this issue. Signed Adrian Whalley

Guess it's time to think about court!

Mike

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.