• Tweets

• Hi all, I hope someone can offer me advice regarding how my Landlord and the local council housing officer dealt with new tenancy agreement.   By chance on the 9th September while checking an email account I don't use much, I noticed a message from the council housing officer who deals with the tenancy agreement between myself and private Landlord, chasing up a new agreement from my LL Much to my shock and horror, the Landlord had first relayed the new tenancy agreement to her back in early February along with a section 13 notice of a rent increase of £159 per month from 1/3/2021.  She sent this to my email address on 4/2/21, again I did not see this and it then got lost among the hundreds of junk emails I get every day. I received no other forms of correspondence, no letters to my home address, not texts and no phone calls. She chased this up on 29/5/21 again by the same email address and nothing else, again this was missed by me. Finally on the 9/9/21 she chased it up again, asking if I wanted to sign the new agreement. I only noticed this by chance as I had been flagged to a school email so was checking my inbox. I was in total shock that for over 7 months this had been sitting there outstanding and never once, other than the times I've mentioned, did either the LL or housing officer bother to try and contact me by other means and that I was now in a very difficult situation indeed. I have lived in my home for 10 years 6 months and have often gone for long periods of time between the end of one tenancy agreement (assured shorthold) to the signing of another and what with all the carrying on with covid this year, I hadn't really given it a second thought that I'd not heard from the LL Sorry this is dragging on, please bare with me.....🙏 I receive LHA which has been paid at the three bedroom entitlement, which covered my rent. I have three kids 12 (girl) 15&17 both boys, so now entitled to the 4 bed rates, so the increase isn't a problem for it being paid - BUT as this has been left so long, I'm now according to the LL 7 months in arrears for the increased amount and owe them £1113!!! If they'd made me aware back in February I would have applied for the increase straightaway as it makes no difference to me  I've informed them that I will sign a new contract starting from the 16th of September as that is when the LHA has been increased from, but they are ignoring me.   Surely the poor means of correspondence and lack of communication by them isn't my fault so I shouldn't be held accountable for any arrears? As far as I'm concerned I've still been on a rolling contract all this time at the original rent, which has been paid on time every month?   Well done if you got this far and thanks for any advice 😊 Lisa  
    • Hi Its been over  2 months  since my last post  here and over 4 months since I bought car   and I dont know whats to do regarding   Car Dealer. BankFodder promised me help in writting letter of claim before taking court action but I havent heard from him since end of August.  I did everything BankFodder asked me for  ( paid 90 £ to  find out cause of car  wibration , preapared emails and text messages in pdf format , registered on MCOL , etc) . I value and appreciate advice from Bank Fodder.   I know I have chance in court and I want to take that risk .  Even If I loose at least I tried.   I would like to ask  you for help and  advice .  And sorry for my wording english is not my first language.
    • Discover Commis Chef Apprenticeships with Green And Fortune and #CreateYourFutureView the full article
    • the motor is less than 6mts in your possession, you should not be paying a penny under Consumer rights act!!   dx
    • Bought the car for my partner in April 2021. Driving home i heard a tappet like sound and i assumed it was just that , tappets , so nothing to worry about. after 3 months my parthner tells me the noise got worse, as i do not use the car due to having a van, i agree it has got worse and something must be wrong. i visit a few garages and just ask them to listen. and they advise needs furthur inspection and not to drive it.   Called car dealer and returned with car as he wanted to inspect it at there garage. There mechanic said something about oil and to do a complete fluch of system and change oil and filder and add addidtive . i did all this and then noise persists. Dealer says it would be cheaper to get a new engine. but he will deal with it to get it done cheapo as possible. left the car for 2 weeks and nothing had been done, he struggling to find an engine under 2k.   Basically in the end he has asked me to sort the issue out my self and refunded me £850 towards it.  Now an engine fitted i have sourced.   because of all the mssing about i agreed to fixing it myself but is it fair that i pay most of the money to get it fixed ?   Engine £1720 Fitting £600 Total £2320
  • Our picks

Baby Boy Jasper v Goldfish

Baby boy Jasper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When i spoke to someone at Goldfish regarding statements for the past 6 years, i was Quoted £5.00 per statement?! so if me maths is rate that comes to £360.

So if I send a cheque for £10 do i only get 2 statements.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone been sucesful in claiming back from Goldfish?

Ta very much, great site!

Baby boy Jasper,

Don't let Goldfish bully you. Do not make telephone requests.

Start the ball rolling by sending the Subject Access Request letter and attach the correct fee of £10 required by law. That is what the law says. If they refuse to comply after 40 days, they would be breaking the law. Send your letter RECORDED delivery.

The person you spoke to on telephone maybe inexperienced in your request.

The following links may help:

Step-by-step instructions

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html?highlight=library

Contact details of banks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31052-contact-details-banks.html

Good luck

I sent my SAR to Goldfish with £10.00 cheque which they tried to pay apply to my CC account, but cheque bounced! Thought I'd c****d up but was just about to send a postal order when low and behold statements arrived along with a letter basically saying that they knew why I was asking for the statements and offering the difference between my claim and the OFT's recommended £12.00. Have just replied rejecting with modified prelim let saying thanks but no thanks and adding compound contractual interest. Lets see what happens now. Good luck, just send SAR with £10 and take it from there.

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

As bennyowen says RECORDED of course!

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

• 1 month later...

I have received confirmation today from Goldfish regarding my request for statements (D.A.R.).

They say that the 40 days to carry out this request should be concluded by 14 April '07.

Oh & they have also taken the £10 payment (postal order).

• 1 month later...

It seems ages since I was on here last, anyway I have received copies of statements & an offer exactly 40 days to the day that I requested them.

It seems they have carried out all the work & come up with an offer.

The list of charges are on one page with two totals.

1 are the actual charges they say they have charged me since March '01.

The next total is their offer which is an insult. Basically it is £550 less than the charges they have taken off me.

The accompaning letter goes through all the jargon of "we feel the charges are fair & we have now set the target to £12 charge level as set by the OFT"

They want me to sign & accept this approval of the 'offer' in 'full & Final settlement of my complaint.

The account has been over it's limit for a while even though i have no card & the fact that they 'closed'? it over 2 years ago.

The refund would be placed into the account.

However, the account is not used now as they have issued a 'Default Notice fee' to it as well (& charged for it) Plus, I am having to pay the account back through a debt managment scheme.

Please could someone advise me please as what to do next!?:confused:

Carry on with your claim, send a letter saying you are disappointed with their response and that you will accept this amount only as partial settlement and that you will proceed with your claim as stated. What happened to me is that they then came back to you offering the full amount less any interest that you may have added on. I had added compound contractual interest to my claim. At this point I accepted, but it is totally up to you if you want to proceed with the interest aspect. In my case it was all done and dusted quickly. It started exactly the same as yours, with my statement came their calculations of what they presumed I would be asking for.

Good luck - not that you will need it - they obviously know that they have to give it back sooner rather than later so dont tend to waste their time (or ours) by taking it to the wire like some other banks are!

Hope this helped - I know it is encouraging to hear of others succeeding.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

hiya-i had a goldfish account which was closed a few years ago-what address did you send sar to jasper?

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

hi jasper-what phone number have you ben contacting tham on-i dont even have my account no so i need to contact them first to get it-thanks

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Goldfish a request for statments and they took 38 days to send them. They had totalled all my charges for me and it came to £875. They said that as a goodwill jesture they will refund me £299. I sent them a Letter Before Action letter saying no, I wanted the full amount and they had 14 days. ON the 14th day,today,I got a letter saying they admit no wrong doings but as a goodwill jesture, they will refund me the £875.

I WIN, THEY LOSE!! This site has helped me alot.

Hi Jasper

My LBA went to Goldfish on Friday (I had a similar response and offer to my SAR as you). I then received an offer to refund all the charges (but not interest) on Saturday as a response to my Prelim.

I am however going to push on with my claim for contractual interest (around £500).

Hopefully you'll have your 100% charge refund letter through shortly

G

hi -i'm worried-sent goldfish my sar-letter on april 30th but not showing as received on tracking -since had a letter from capquest saying they now own debt-sar not up til june 9th-any advice please

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

Hi jubaxt,

I had the same happen to me regarding the tracking.

No one had actually signed for it at their end.

However I did eventually receive a letter from Goldfish stating that they had received the request & that it would be dealt with within 40 working days.

It's when you get a letter of offer from them that you have to laugh (or cry) when they insult you with the 'stupid' low refund.

I got the letters etc off them. I got the letter saying they will refund the £875. Im still wating for a cheque off them. The account was closed but I owed £25. When I called them today, the account is now 0 and closed. But she says on her screen there is no copy of the letter of acceptance I returned to them nearly 2 weeks ago. I have said to her that my account has been paid off with part of my £875, so wheres the rest. She is going to make some phone calls for me.

On her screen, she said that a letter for the refund of £875 was sent out to me. They are waiting for a response!! I said I sent it over a week ago, recorded delivery. She couldnt explain how my account was now paid up when Ive made no payments!

I said I need an answer by tuesday! Keep you posted.....