Halifax charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, starting a new thread as advised to get a bit of advice!! I recieved a 'no you can't have your money back' letter, so then sent the LBA.....twice (second time recorded...but with no copies of statements...bad?) And i have heard nothing as yet. The 7 days are now over...and im wondering what the next step is. Reading everyones post's you all seem to know what your doing...i have read loads of stuff, and am still in the dark!! I have bought the small claims pack, and nothin is clearer.

Most people seem to have heard somthing from Halifax by this stage...a partial offer etc. So is it a bad sign that i've received nothing at all?

Can somoen please tell me exactly what i need to do at this point...what things i need etc?

Thank you!!

You seem to have rushed in a bit but it can be sorted so don't worry. Did you have all your copy statements? If not how do you know the exact amount of your charges? If you are sure of your amount sit down and do spreadsheet, send copy to halifax - you state 7 days - on this site each letter gives the banks 14 days to reply. I suggest you look at the letters on this site to be found in the bank template library - re-send LBA with attached spreadsheet and then proceed as per step-by-step guide.

I downloaded all three letters....but the ones i have do appear different from the ones on the site now. The last letter is different, but it definately states 7 days.

I did send the first one asking for the statements...then i added those up, so i do have an amount. The 2nd etter was sent with a copy of those, but the 3rd was not. So i think i've done things the right way?

As long as you have sent schedule of charges and LBA you should be fine, but I would give them 14 days from LBA as advised on this site, that way you have done everything correct and the Halifax cannot state you have not given them enough time.

Well i have sent the LBA twice now... the first time i gave a week... and the 2nd i sent recorded delivery, and that was 2 weeks ago now. I'm a bit worried because i havn't heard a thing from the banks, apart from the first response saying no. Most people on here seem to have at least had a no or a partial offer.

When you sent the prelim you sent schedule of charges

When you sent the lba you didnt send schedule of charges?

Dont worry about not having an offer they must be rushed off there feet and to be honest if a claimant is sending 2 or 3 lba's then they would not respond to you as quickly as others who are keeping it simple, by sending the lba's you are giving them more time and im sure they will feel you are not a serious enough case to respond to quickly, so wait the 14 days and start the court claim, they will take you seriously then, good luck.

When the times up, start the court proceedings, you have given them a reasonable amount of time to respond to letters. I'm sure they do themselves no credit by ignoring you, but don't halt the process because of their incompetence.

It will be fine, try not to worry. I honestly think they are bogged down with claims, my first claim was finished at christmas and am now on second claim on a separate account and have already noticed a difference on receiving letters from them.

hiya hollyand jess,

I filed at court on the 2nd Feb, its deemed served today so waiting for the 21st Feb for answer. Dont worry its ok you will get it back

I will be chosen before you and if so will let you know LOL:D

:lol::lol::lol:

HI.... In a quandry today!! Filed my mcol..... it's due to be served toady.... and low and behold i got an offer today!! It's a substantial one, but still £700 less than i am claiming...that is including the court fees. I'm very tempted to accept the offer...but then again, i could really do with that £700!!!! What do i do???

HI.... In a quandry today!! Filed my mcol..... it's due to be served toady.... and low and behold i got an offer today!! It's a substantial one, but still £700 less than i am claiming...that is including the court fees. I'm very tempted to accept the offer...but then again, i could really do with that £700!!!! What do i do???

Reject the offer,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

You can also give them a ring and ask htem to make up the difference they may well do.

A couple of people have given them a call when at the same stge as you and haggled to the full amount. I haggling on the phone isn't for you then send letter 1 from this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Should find it helpful...

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales to the left - thanks

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you have already done your MCOL then get the fully amount, don't accept offer, you have done the hard work now so you may as well get the interest as well. Even if you do a deal it will still take up to 14 days for them to credit your account.

Well i've had success today!!!! I was going to send the rejection of settlement letter, but thought i would just phone up to see what happened....I was very nervous, as i thought if i got someone argumentative i would probably back down!!! But i had stuff written down if i got lost for words!!

Anyway i told them i had already filed the court claim, but i was willing to settle for what they offered plus court costs. This came to £3411.... so i got a bit cheekey and said im sure they could make it £3500 if they really wanted!! I could hear the woman tut and sigh..... and then she said ok then!! So i settled for £300 less than i was claiming...but im more than happy as i didn't think i was going to get anything when i started. A few friends have expressed an interest in trying to do the same thing as well!

So a BIG thank you to all who answered my questions in the threads...and all who set this site up to help.... IT REALLY DOES WORK!!!! I will make a contribution as soon as my money comes in!!