Capital One Contractual Interest...Help Please !

nmcfarl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All

Just started my claim against Capital One, not sure how other banks conduct themselves, but i'd like to guess that Capital One rank amongst the worst.

My credit limit was £200, yet i know that over the past 12 Months they have applied over 30 Charges to my account, i haven't got the SAR back yet, but i think it's well over three times my limit....Very Poor.

I'm keen to take this as far as i can, given they ring me nearly every day and tell me that they "will ruin my credit for 5 years" (their exact words) unless i settle my account, something i can't do.

I'm very interested in the contractual interest to prove a point...Can someone help me with how to calculate this / how i should approach it ?

Or indeed whether it is better to pursue the charges plus the normal 8% ?

Thanks very much, good luck to you all...

This is being discussed in thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/59273-new-claim-another-capital.html

Have a read of that, you need to make sure you understand the process before you make decisions about how you will deal with your claim.

Good luck ......... :D:D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

Hi nmcfarl,

I have claimed contractual interest from Capital one and have filled in Vampiress spreadsheet for the calculation. I am waiting for a reply to my "Letter before Action" from them at present but I have just won a contractual interest payment from Morgan Stanley so there is hope.

As Sargeant says, do plenty of reading on it and make sure you understand it. You can do this while you are waiting for the SAR.

Good Luck

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs