S.A.R letters.. i need to write one but dont no how :(

Ryanrs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if someone could give me some guidance on how to construct a Standard access request letter as i need to send one to vodafone, and since before being advised on this forum, i have never even herd of one before , i am clueless!

thanx

You will find most of the templates you need in the bank templates library here on the forum. In case you can't find the library here is the link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

You need the one at the top of the list.

Good luck.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Thanx for your help, can i remove the part about '£10 fee' as the letter is to go to a mobile phone company and therefore i am not sure if i will need to send a fee, also to who i make any cheques payable to.. maby i could include that i am willing to pay a minimum fee of £10 should they require it. ?

The £10 fee is the maximum they can charge you for seeking information, and yes, it's compulsory in order to properly execute the request, unless they return it stating in writing that as a gesture of goodwill they have decided to comply for free (rare).

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Ok i see. hum, i am having a lil difficulty finding out what Department i have to write a cheque to, as the vodafone call staff are a bit 'useless' to be honest! do you think it would be ok to send £10 cash with the letter and send it by special delivery?

Make it out to Vodafone

If its wrong Im sure they will let you know!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

dont send cash...it might go 'missing' once the letter is opened

Halifax

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 30/1/2007

Prelim letter sent asking for total of 1571.52 - 15/3/2007

LBA sent 30/3/2007

court papers filed

Offer letter received - £1495.13

oke, ill write it to Voadafone then. ill get that sent off tomorrow. is the 40 day reply period a minimum or just a guideline? am i able to change that to a 'lesser time' say 1 month?

They have 40 days in which to reply

They may take less but its doubtful

They are in default if they take more.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

ok.. so 40 days it is then. ill send it via recorded delivery just as proof of signature for the date they received it. and ill count down the 40 days lol :p

thanx for the help everyone.

Hi,The 40 day period is the time the recipient is allowed to take to respond to your request; you can't cut that time, unfortunately. Send your sar to 'Customer Services' at the Head Office address. If you don't have this, it's probably on their website....And why not use a postal order for the fee? (Disadvantage here is that it's paid for up front: if you leave the 'payee' blank, it could be nicked, (sorry, I mean ''accidentally become mislaid'', if you get it made payable to Vodafone or whoever, then if they send it back, you can't cash it!!!)Get going; best of luck!