• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Judgment Entered against Barclays ** SETTLED IN FULL **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good idea. When I phoned it was pretty obvious that they were really busy with all the claims against them. With any luck Barclays will forget to enter defences against everyone else and they too can win by default rather than have the hassle of producing their court bundles only to have the banks settle at the last minute.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

That is really great news aboiut the judgment. I would draft a statement and make sure it is ready to post our to every major media group and newspaper in the land. Make a big of a deal of this as possible, becasue if my memory serves me right, I'm sure you cannot legally offer financial services once you have a CCJ to your name/company.

The end of Barclays as we know it???

Serves them right, hope they get everything thats coming to them.

Well done indeed, get pulicised!!

Is that right about the bank not being able to offer financial services if they have a CCJ against them? Wow, didn't realise it was that serious to be honest. We've still not heard a peep from them asking where the letter is to get the CCJ removed. Must be that they're so busy with all the claims. I've sent the details of our claim to the thread asking for stories for the media and have received a message back saying they'll contact us if a reporter is interested.

Hey Keriat et all,

No I haven't got the money yet. I have kept the letter but am ignoring it as I don't want to agree to their terms. If they don't send any other letters soon then I will end up contacting the bailiffs, won't that be a scream?

Good luck and congrats to all as applicable and lets keep the pressure on them, is £7 billion profit not enough for them??

The best bit for me though, since I received judgement, all my mates at work are joining in, and getting their families involved.:) I haven't had to buy a drink in ages.

Money back from the bank and I'm saving money on beer, How did life get so sweet?

Hi all, well still not received our money yet. I've just contacted the Court who say that they have to 'keep' the money for 2 weeks before they can release it to us. They received the cheque from Barclays on 15th February so you would think that they would release it to us on 1st March wouldn't you? No, apparently they only have one release day each week which is a Wednesday so they're keeping it for another week, they say they'll release it next Wednesday on 7th March and send it to us next Thursday. Hopefully we'll get it on Friday. Then we have to wait for it to clear. Just someone else cashing in and taking full advantage of this situation. My blood's boiling!

Hi all, well still not received our money yet. I've just contacted the Court who say that they have to 'keep' the money for 2 weeks before they can release it to us. They received the cheque from Barclays on 15th February so you would think that they would release it to us on 1st March wouldn't you? No, apparently they only have one release day each week which is a Wednesday so they're keeping it for another week, they say they'll release it next Wednesday on 7th March and send it to us next Thursday. Hopefully we'll get it on Friday. Then we have to wait for it to clear. Just someone else cashing in and taking full advantage of this situation. My blood's boiling!

Probably Barclays have to wait til they have enough funds in their account...PMSL

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

would be interesting to see who makes the cheque out to YOU though.

Is it Barclays or the court?

If it is the court, that will mean they have earned interest in THEIR account using YOUR money. mmmmm

Sorry to hear your money still not with you. New to posting today but have been watching your thread for a while. Dealt with three banks and Barclays are by far the most troublesome but then they were when we banked with them

Hi guys, thanks for the messages. Made me laugh about claiming 8% from the Court whilst they have our money. I don't know who the cheque's made out from but I'll certainly let you know WHEN we receive it. It's absolutely disgraceful isn't it and like you say they're obviously earning interest on it too.

I understand that the CCJ will be against Barclays for the next 6 years and am a little surprised not to hear anything from them after we haven't signed their letter to remove the CCJ.

You're right about Barclays being the most troublesome, Sob1, I've told everyone I know about reclaiming their bank charges and even sent all of the correspondence for family and friends. Every single person has got all of their money back from different banks well before the court stage.

Supposed to be having our new suite delivered this week but can't afford to pay for it now so I'll have to delay it till we get our money back. Hey ho! Lol keriat

Hi all,

Just received an email from the court saying that they sent our money to us yesterday (by cheque I think). We haven't received it today so hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, will receive it tomorrow.

Happy days!

Keri

Hi all,

Just received an email from the court saying that they sent our money to us yesterday (by cheque I think). We haven't received it today so hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, will receive it tomorrow.

Happy days!

Keri

I've sent you a pm.

Please contact me.

Thanks

At last, the long awaited cheque has arrived. (It's made out from the court.) Hubby's already deposited it in our account so our new suite is being delivered on Monday. Definitely cracking open the champagne as soon as I get home (which will be in about 15 minutes).

Huge thanks to all who've given me help, advice and inspiration. You're all stars and I only wish I could buy every one of you a large drink.

Lol

Keri

Hi everyone. Just been reading about Keriat. I bank with Barclays and got made redundant last year. They new that I had been made redundant and said they couldn't raise my overdraft for two weeks just to cover my direct debits, therefore I was being charged £30 everytime I went over my overdraft. I keep wondering whether to send in the template letters to reclaim my charges. Indicisive person and wondering how far I would have to take it.

At last, the long awaited cheque has arrived. (It's made out from the court.)

Heyyy, theyve had that money for days!

If they do that to everyone, think of the interest THEY are earning,

Interest that should be going into YOUR account.

Thats it how do you take the courts to court...LOL

congratulations to both of you, enjoy the money!

At last, the long awaited cheque has arrived. (It's made out from the court.) Hubby's already deposited it in our account so our new suite is being delivered on Monday. Definitely cracking open the champagne as soon as I get home (which will be in about 15 minutes).

Huge thanks to all who've given me help, advice and inspiration. You're all stars and I only wish I could buy every one of you a large drink.

Lol

Keri

Whats that then, 4K in 5 months? worth it eh?:grin:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

After all that messing around you can finally sit on your rear, in style!!