• Tweets

• I drove over a bollard which was lying flat on the road at University of Nottingham and it was ripped out of the road from its bolts and dragged a few metres after which I backed up and removed it to the side of the road. Proceeded to security booth to report but no one was there so I went straight to a garage to check on damage to my car. The undertray had been cracked and a piece broken off and some screws were ripped out from the underside of my car.    I have now received a letter from notts police asking me to confirm that I was the driver and keeper of the vehicle at that date and time.    It mentions "alleged to have committed an offence under an enactment relating to vehicles on roads...".   How serious is this offence? Can they arrest me for this??   I have of course replied to the letter confirming that I am the keeper and was the driver at the specified date and time.   
    • Hi Thanks for reply. Since I bought I did about 2800 millage.
    • Within 6 Mrs it's for you to pay for a report detailing what wrong and its cost.  The  retailer ideally should then fix it foc to you and refund report cost too    However I can see the fair wear and tear dodge being pulled here...how many miles have you done in it?
    • I'm sure I'll be able to get some - but reports from neighbors that same think happening around here with people filling up cars and every container they can cram in boots and stations being run dry within a couple hours of a delivery. Local tesco had some fuel apparently - but a 30-40 car queue   Glad my car does well over 60mpg on a run - averaged 65 on last one even with a few sessions sitting in queues - one due to a garage having queues obstructing a main A road junction and island for miles   Seems we all have to fill up when we can despite 'no shortages'
    • So I sold two ps5 on eBay posted them through Hermes two days apart both were stolen in transit.dropped them off at a local parcel shop have dropped many more valuable things with him before so I doubt they took it out.hermes is trying to get me to fill an affidavit which says I agree to a compensation according to their terms and conditions which will be max 25 pounds.in another thread on this website I read this is not enforceable and it kind of makes sense too I think I shouldn't be punished for Hermes having a thief in their company.can anyone  tell me what I should do  now ?  Is it worth filling a report to the police ? I know they won't do anything but for formality 
  • Our picks

Studio Cards admin fees HELP

nurse chrissy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a small problem with Studio Cards & Gifts. I bought £39.70 of goods at Xmas which was due to be paid by 4th Jan. I was late paying the account and sent full payment on 10th January. Since then I have received a letter charging me £21.78 administration/service charges for late payment. This is the first and last time I will ever use this company. I phoned to complain about this and was spoken to by a foreign gentleman who was quite rude. Can anyone help me with this....what should I write to them and do I have to pay them this ridiculous amount. I am worried that if I dont pay then it will accumulate further interest. I was trying to find a template on this site to assist me but cant.

Hi Chrissy and welcome :)

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you can click onto other threads regarding the wonderful studio.

I sent them a letter saying that the charges were unlawful and that if I was not reimbursed within 14 days I would take the matter to court. They sent me £100 within a week (I had more than one charge obviously). They charged me a further £20 over the christmas period, I wrote again and they repaid right away.

Regards SG x

:rolleyes:

Yes, welcome to our world Chrissy !! If I get any useful feedback or information from my newly started dealings with them I shall post it for you !!

Good luck !

Harry

Professional Halifax Loather

"In the dark, all cats are grey"

Illegitimi Non Carborundum