Nationwide Claim

moora moo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope someone can help or advise me

I have an account with Nationwide and their excessive bank charges meant that I went overdrawn. These charges added up to £300+ am I entitled to make a claim to clear these unlawful charges?

Hi

Suggest you read the FAQ's first at the very top of the page, will give you a step by step guide of what you have to do. Its a pretty straightforward process and there are template letters already done for you. Do suggest you have a good read through the FAQ's and various posts so you know what you are doing.

Apart from that there s always someone around to help with any other questions. Good luck

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..I read the FAQ's first of all as recommended..all I want to know is..my account is -300 because of all these charges. I haven't paid it off but they are threatening me with court action because I refuse to pay these charges. In short - I just want Nationwide to acknowledge that these are illegal charges and clear them from my account so that I am back in the black

Right ok, Take the main part of the 1st request for a refund letter thats in the template library. JUst edit that letter take out the bits that dont apply (as in how much you have paid in charges etc..) what you should be left with is the parts that contest the charges. Tell them that the charges are unfair and you would like them taken off your account. Also enclose a list of the charges with the amounts and the dates they were apied to your account.

I dont think they can take any action against you whilst they are dealing with your complaint. Make sure you send it to your local branch via recorded delivery.