Is there a time scale for chasing for money?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I received a statement from my son's after school club for £26.00.

My son left the school in question in July 2005, he only attended one day a week and I always paid at the end of the month in cash, I got the invoices signed as paid when I cleared the balance, last week I had a big clear out and shredded them :|

The statement I received yesterday had no dates on it, the statement had numbe 7 on it which to me indicated that they had been chasing before, all it had was a B/F balance no reference to any invoice etc there was also a letter enclosed

Dear Mrs X

Please find attached a statement of accounts for X X fees. We are anxious to clear any outstanding amounts, so would be greatful if you would check your own records and forward payment as necessary by return.

If you have any queries about invoices or payments made, please contact me between X X weekdays.

So I called the school and advised that I owed them nothing that I paid in full and this must have been a mistake, it turns out that I am not the only person to have received a letter one of my neighbours who's child never attended the after school club received one when she called she was told it was a mistake, my other neighbour who's child has funding for the club due to a disability also got a letter, the local authority funds his place, so that's three of us I know of.

When I called I was asked do you remember this invoice and do you remember xxx well I don't it was nealy two years ago, I think to be honest they have a new guy in and a new computer system and they are in a mess with un-allocated payments etc so the easiest way was to send letters to everyone and hope they pay.

From my point it's only £26 but I don't see why I should pay again.

Can anyone advise me if there is any legal deadlines they can start chasing for outstanding fee's if they have never before