Where do I start

greengoddess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. I have been banking with barclays for over 10 years now and have been an 'on/off' student for 6 years. I dont really know where to begin and feel a little overwhelmed by the whole thing. What should I do to get tha ball rolling ? I dont fancy hunting through 10 years of bank statements and trying to estimate how much I have paid in charges and when I was and wasn't a student. How does this data protection thing work? How do I find out which department my bank deals with and how do I pay the £10? Im also seriously still overdrawn will they still refund me? Im super scared at the prospect of having to go through court or gear up to having to go.

Hello. I have been banking with barclays for over 10 years now and have been an 'on/off' student for 6 years. I dont really know where to begin and feel a little overwhelmed by the whole thing. What should I do to get tha ball rolling ? I dont fancy hunting through 10 years of bank statements and trying to estimate how much I have paid in charges and when I was and wasn't a student. How does this data protection thing work? How do I find out which department my bank deals with and how do I pay the £10? Im also seriously still overdrawn will they still refund me? Im super scared at the prospect of having to go through court or gear up to having to go.

Hi Green - firstly have a good read of the Frequently Asked questions to get an idea of your next steps - there is also a step by step guide to help you. Your first step is to send a Subject Access Request to get all the information that the bank holds about you.the SAR is found in the templates library. I paid the £10 by cheque but you can authorise payment from your account or send a postal order. I sent all my correspondence to Barclays head office -the address can be found in the bank contacts thread at the top of this forum ( i believe it is the Churchill Place address in London - send all your letters by recorded delivery or obtain proof of postage). I too am forever overdrawn so that won't affect your claim.

I don't believe that Barclays have ever stepped foot inside a courtroom to explain their charges - that said you must be prepared to go to court - you will find lots of help and support on this site, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Keep us updated.

Hope that helps

Regards sandbag.

Hi there, thanks for the help - jsut found the step-by-step thingie and got my letter all sorted out. I have just asked them to take the £10 directly from my account, should be sufficient enought ? Next thing to ask - Do I mark it FAO Anita Hicks or is there someone else ?

Wow right I have written my letter and going to send it tomorrow. Will include my loan account number too as they have charged me for changing dates when they should never have even authorised the date changes. Also am paying for a graduate account at the moment £5 per month to stop interest on my overdraft so should be nice and interesting. Does anyone else hold a graduate additions account they are paying for ??