How We Can All Help Eachother..

annmarie18676
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few weeks ago I was approached by the B.A.G to give my story so it could be used to highlight what people are going through and for it to be used for media releases etc.

I must admit that at first I was a little unsure, what would it entail? Would I be forced into saying things I didn’t want to say? The answer to that is a big fat NO WAY!! :) It’s the best thing I have done so far as I have had a lot of fun in doing it!

Basically my story in a nutshell is I am a single mum on benefit who set up a direct debit to pay off my credit card. The card company claimed money a week early so no funds in account, the bank immediately took a massive £35 charge the same day!! That’s when I found out about the B.A.G who have become my best mates! lol They recommended ringing the bank first and asking nicely for my money back, so I did and low and behold was given a 50% refund there and then! After that I followed the "step by step guide" and sent off my first letter, within 7 days the rest of the money was credited back to my account! HOORAY!

It was then that I was asked if I would be willing to talk to the media, I must stress that the B.A.G respected my anonimity and told me that NONE of my personal info would be given out, which it wasn’t at any point!

Then I had a call from the "You and Yours" programme for BBC Radio 4, and asked to take part in a radio interview! Again at first I was a bit nervous but thought Hey! Why not! Before the interview I had loads of help from the group, who explained what was likely to happen and that I didn’t have to do anything I didn’t want to, again they reminded me that I didn’t have to use any of my personal details.

So off I went last Friday to the BBC studio! They even sent a car to pick me up then wait to bring me home afterwards! How special did I feel??? lol As soon as I got there I was made to feel really comfortable (just like a celebrity!!) and got to have a look round the studio's and stuff. I must admit it was a great morning and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The lady that did the interview was great, she did everything she could to make sure I got everything in that I wanted to say, I even decided to let her use my name. The way I looked at it was "Im a real person with a real story so why not let people know that!" That was purely my choice though, at no time did anyone talk me into giving my real details out. So, there it is, within the space of a few weeks I've got my money back from the bank and had a great morning out being treated like a celebrity! Not bad for someone who knew NOTHING about this a little while ago!!!

Anyone interested in doing something similar to me can contact moderator Janet-M by Private Message so it can continue to be highlighted and let as many people know about the group! The more people that get to know about this site and get their money back the better ..

• Haha 1

Thank you Annmarie so much for agreeing to relate your story .I am glad you enjoyed it .Yes you are right, by getting these stories highlighted we are all helping each other by people hearing about this site so more can reclaim their money and also letting people see just how these charges affect everyone .

You and yours programme only contacted annmarie after she had given permission to be contacted by the researcher.

You can hear her story on BBC radio 4's you and yours programme on May 10th

We are always looking for more people to come forward and relate their stories to us and as annmarie has pointed out we will always respect people wanting to remain anonymous and we will support you in anyway we can.

Please contact me by Private Message if you are interested or would like to know anymore.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

We were very grateful that Annemarie and others agreed to tell their stories to the BBC. It is very important to keep the issue of charges in the media so that others like ourselves can understand what is going on and will have a chance to reclaim their own charges as well

It also keeps the pressure up on the banks.

As Annemarie found talking to the media is interesting and also very easy thing to do. There is no problem about confidentiality you want it

I am certain that other media organisations will be approaching us the stories in the future and it will always be very useful to be able to provide them with contacts from amongst our users.

If you think that you have a story to tell them please let us know. We will act between you and the media to make sure that your confidentiality is assured if you want it and that you are contacted in a way that you want to be and on your own terms.

I've also given mjanet my details. Any way I can help this great resource of a site, I'm willing.

• Confused 1

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be willing to help. I am a single parent, one of my children is severly disabled.Very often I had no access to the disability benefit as it was wiped out by the charges. On 2nd of May the bank charged me £595.14 for the month of April- all spiralled down from previous charges. I have bailiffs coming out of my ears. I do not smoke, do not drink, do not gamble,do not go out, do not buy clothes etc, I work full time, study for a degree part time, care for disabled child and have no respite help whatsoever. On many occassions I was sitting in front of my online banking in tears of frustration.

I think I would be able to compose myself and tell my story if necessary through public media. However, I am sure that I am just one of many many thousands and I am still thinking how can we portray this fact to the media; that there are thousands of us; people who lost health, business, homes, peace- all because of the absurdly greedy practices of our banks. We discussed here before how can we market ourselves better- any new ideas?

• Confused 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Just sent my details in to volunteer. Great site which has given me the encouragement to start chasing these charges. In two days, more than 10 people have asked for the details when I said I was taking action. Hope it helps.

15/6/06 Clydesdale - DAP delivered to branch

23/6/06 - letter received saying they will send statements

14/7/06 - Statements received, calculator ready!

18/7/06 - charges totalled and first prelim letter put through bank's door

12/9/06 lba delivered to bank

26/9/06 - cheque for £371.03 (half) received

• 8 months later...

Hi I may be also tempted to tell my story-how corny does that sound but if I could not have complete confidentiality due to circumstances I could not do it. Annmarie, you stated you where not pressured at any point to give personal details was this really true could you somehow have been pressured indirectly in a sort of sutler form. I know it sounds daft but I could not do it if I thought people would recognie me and pity me afterwords.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

If you want your identity hidden we would hide it .

Well actually you just don't need to tell us it .

We do not put pressure on anyone to tell us more then they want to .

If the media was interested in your story then I would speak to you first asking how you wanted to be contacted and reminding you that you do not have to tell them anything you didn't want to

The only thing I would need is a landline contact number to be used strictly by me to contact you .Under no circumstances would I give your number to anyone without first obtaining your permission.

The only thing is though that most people in the media would want someone who was willing to be identified, but not all of them.So please do not let that put you off .

We need people who are at all stages of claiming so even if you are only just starting still please contact us and help us publicise what is happening to everyone because of these unlawful charges

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Happy to reciprocate the help as I have now claimed back on two of my accounts and my partners cheque for her account has just arrived.

I even managed to help her without having to refer to this site as the previous "experiences" were so ingrained and I have since convinced two work colleagues to claim one of them is my boss!!! Unsurprisingly they have both won.

The bad news is our employers have just gone into administration last Thursday so my partners cheque will help cushion us till the Government pay my statutory notice, redundancy etc which will mean I lose about £1200 now I wonder if I can claim against the government.....????? Looks like it will be employment Tribunal for me.

• 1 month later...

where dose this 2000% on the front page come from?

Its as bout as clear as a bank charge.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks