• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBOS and PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Has anyone taken out a PPI with RBOS?

I took one out on a loan in 2003 and I remember the bank couriering the documents to my workplace for me to sign and couriering them back again! Obviosly very keen for me to sign!!!!

I remember asking the lady when I initially applied for a loan how much the insurance would cost me on top and she told me £1, 500 and something but don't remember her telling me about with added interest on top! If so, I wouldn't have done it.

The foolish thing is that I cannot find any documents on my PPI at all! I'm sure I would have taken a copy before I sent back to them as I'm particular like that.

My question is, is this where I request all docs, etc. in my SAR. The only info I have at hand is the date the loan went into my bank - as it's on my statement.

Can't believe i've been so lapse with proof of purchase.

Thanks for any help out there!

When you request your SAR make sure that you ask for all information that they hold regarding your loan account and Payment Protection Insurance application.

You should also recieve a list of dates with all payments and any charges etc listed.

Good Luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

When you request your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) make sure that you ask for all information that they hold regarding your loan account and Payment Protection Insurance application.

You should also recieve a list of dates with all payments and any charges etc listed.

Good Luck

Ian

Thanks Ian!

I'll be sending my SAR off tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

OKay... i'm a bit confused and hope someone will be able to clear this up for me.

I received a letter in the post this morning from RBOS saying:

"I refer to your recent SAR for information held by the bank in relation to our dealings with you.

I enclose a copy print of diary comments relating to records held at Collection Centres (previously known as Customer Lending Centres) that we have in our current and archived files."

and then they've enclosed a quarter of a page text recording when I called them to defer my loan payment date from one date to the following day and that's it!! Is this what I paid £10 for? Do you think this is just the beginning and they will mail me everything I requested at a later date? In my SAR, I asked them for absolutely everything on my PPI including contract, PPI statements, telephone conversations, blah blah and this is what they sent me. What do you think I should do?

Hi,

I would ring up and say "this can't be everything". And record the conversation as well. I also asked for a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) giving them (NatWest) my a/c no,sortcode, and the daft woman wrote back saying i had to provide her with, yes you've guessed it, a/c no, sortcode. hahaha.

I just took her letter and my original one to my local branch and let them sort it out. Sometimes the personal approach works wonders.:p

Thanks rks... I'll do just that :)

Why oh why do these people have to make my life so difficult!

Maybe because they dont really want to give you your own Money Back ?? :D

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hiya I have just read your thread. I am having terrible trouble receiving any information regarding loans and ppi from a certain company. Have a look at my thread, on a mission v ppiThere are a couple of letters I have sent regarding the lack of information. The Company is hell bent on not supplying them. I think they know the consequences if I get them.

Keep the faith

Never surrender never give in!!!!!

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

hell sure doesn't have fury when you're around!!!

Thanks for your wise words of wisdom I've read through your thread and understand your pain but am encouraged by your tenacity to keep going on as I feel they want us to give up. I'm also having problems with Halifax regarding my SARs. I've reported them to the Information Commissioners after I'd written to them twice! Halifax claims they didn't get my letters.... hmmm, just as long as it arrives as I've got a whole house waiting for its budget for redecoration!

PS I was going to ask you about your avatar but I see reid got in there first... you gotta watch him... a right charmer that one!:)

Hi, Yes that reidnet is a real charmer, its the scots in him.. The avator is my ferret she is a nasty bitty creature, just like me

No joking apart, That is how they make he feel teeth out an everthing.

Thanks for your post

Wish you luck

Anyway where is that charmer Reidnet?

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

LMAO.. The Scotch in me more like it.... Preferabbly a nice Extra Extra large 15 year old single Malt with crushed Ice..lol

Do you hire the ferret out to take on Contract Bitings..lol I could pass you a few names and Adresses that could do with a visit..

Im just about getting caught up with Replies and PM's.. I also had to spend some more time writing letters to Lloyds..after diging up some more Information about their own Organisation..lol

Ian :p :p

Dear All

I finally received my SAR's from RBOS. After reading each section and making notes, I noticed that they failed to send me page one of my Credit Agreement. They've only sent me page 2 with my siggie and 11 - 21's T&C's not relating to cancelling the policy or what the policy covers and doesn't cover - do you think this was on purpose or a genuine mistake? I'm going to contact them to ask to send page one in the post.

I have a single insurance premium of nearly 2,000 for 4 years and Charge for Credit (i'm thinking this means Interest(?) of £1,500, making a grand total of nearly 3,500 for a loan of £10,000. Interest Rate (Flat) is 3.42.

Can we also get a refund for Arrangement Fee? Is this like a commission fee for the person from the bank who set this policy up?

I actually thought my loan was for five years but from this it says 48 months which is much better.

I would like to cancel this policy but I do not want to take out another loan without PPI to pay this one off.... is there a possibility I do not need to do this or do I have no other option?

Thanks for anticipated help!!

Hi Marcelle,

Sorry for not getting to you earlier. If they have failed to supply you a copy of the full agreement you can submit a failure to comply notice under the Data Protection Act to try and obtain it.

Remember of course your 40 day limit will still be in force from the date that they recieved your original request. I had to do a similar excersise with GE as they had stated they had a document that they never provided me a copy of. I took it to the ICO as a complaint and they did investigate and concluded that, GE did not send a copy of the document that they refered to in several letter as they Do not have a copy of the original application. That will look all the better in court for my case..lol

I presume the flat late rate Interest on your PPI will be 3.42 % per month ?, if this is the case the APR rate will be 41.04% by my calculations. Some companies will show the monthly Interest rate for obvious reasons..It dosnt look that bad at 3.42%.

The arrangement Fee I would consider to be a fee for a service provided, as long as it not an excessive amount I doubt you would be able to recalim that.

Good Luck

Ian

• Haha 1

Thanks Ian... you're such a doll!!!!!!

Have a great holiday next week and don't think about any reclaims or PPI's or consumer issues, JUST RELAX!!!

I'm sure we'll all going to miss you though :)

I am going to be chasing GE Money everyday next week, They have until the 8th to submit a defence, which no doubt will be a load of Garbage and should be easy to shoot down in Flames, After all they have shot themselves in the foot on a few occasions so far. If they go to court they will loose..:p

Im not going away on Holiday ..Will be at home Puppy sitting for the week..lol

Ian

Great!!!! I have all the confidence in you that they'll lose... look after that puppy (bless!).

One more question....if i contest the PPI as missold and they say I will have to reapply for another loan without PPI, can I say no or do I have no choice?

• 2 months later...

At last! After all this time Page one of my policy arrived so I can kick-start things now. During the time of waiting for my page one to come through, I've been reading all posts and have noticed that I can now fight to not take out another loan in order to cancel the current one!!! Great! One thing, my APR rate is 6.9% but my flat rate is just over 3% - does anyone know what that means? Do I ignore my flat rate or do I consider the 6.9% (which is low??). Finally, has anyone claimed compounded contractural interest on their refund??? I did on my bank statements and wondered whether it can be done here too.

• 1 month later...