Anybody recognise this telephone number???

Jeff2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Does anybody recognise this telephone number?

Somebody called Mark has called my next door neighbour about 15 minutes ago!

They are wanting me to call back. Needless to say, I won't be calling anybody without any details of who they are or what they are calling about!

Even my neighbour said "it sounds fishy!"

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance, Jeff.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just tried phoning, making sure I dialled 141 first! There was a womans voice on a voicemail saying to leave a name, message and a number and they'd call back - nothing to say whether it was a company or anything [although it didn't sound like a personal answerfone message]

PJ

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Hello den and pj,

I tried calling as well and got the same woman on voicemail. Also tried a search and also came up with nothing.

Is it a London number?

I have a sneaky feeling that it might be Link Financial!

Cheers, Jeff.

I've just seen your other thread Jeff, and looked Link financial up - the only number I can find for them, other than 0800 numbers, is an 0208 number, but you could be right.

Try calling them again in business hours, just make sure you dial 141 first to withhold your number!

PJ

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Hello again,

Thanks again people.

Yes I think I will give them another call perhaps tomorrow. Of course I will not be revealing who I am (if indeed I do at all), until they tell me who they are and the nature of their business.

I think this call will end up just going in circles!

TTFN, Jeff.

Guys, I am a bit new to all of this but can I just ask why would somebody ring your neighbour and ask for you ? Is this a tactic by using the phone book to track you down ? Personally, if anybody I don't know called my house and asked for a neighbour I would refuse and tell them to go away !! having said that it is my view now I have discovered the CAG and trust no-one from any financially linked insitution, before the day that happened I would have just been very confused and thought they were trying to sell me something !!

Jeff - I received a letter from Asset Link Capital (Link Financial) last week - the number on there is 0207 793 2699 - so very similar. Hope this helps. Jackie

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion

I just phoned and got through, asked for 'Shiva Patel', and the guy said 'hang on, maybe, I'll check' - I said I thought I must have got the wrong number, who was I calling? He says 'Link Financial'.

So yes, you've got a hound on your heels. Red Deer, over and out. :cool:

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all,

OK. Has anybody had a telemessage from this number?

0871 230 3338.

Or has anybody tried giving it a call? What do ya think?

Jeff.

I think some of the Mods should start a new thread dedicated to these telephone numbers. I have ex dir ones for Lowells and Robinson Way and some others I cant track. A good ploy is to ring them from a public call box

Hello den and pj,

I tried calling as well and got the same woman on voicemail. Also tried a search and also came up with nothing.

Is it a London number?

I have a sneaky feeling that it might be Link Financial!

Cheers, Jeff.

oh dear, i think you're maybe right! damn i was hoping mark had been sacked too!! he's arrogant, so is his team leader 'rio'! be warned!!

Put a free ad in the local paper and give this number out let them be bombarded with unwanted phone calls !!!!

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Stick it one of londons many freead newspapers and i dont know put a cheaply priced merc in and see what happens !!!

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

oh dear, i think you're maybe right! damn i was hoping mark had been sacked too!! he's arrogant, so is his team leader 'rio'! be warned!!

Hi all,

He never actually called me, he called my next door neighbour!

I changed my number just before Christmas after a load of hassle with MBNA!

So far no banks or people chasing debts have contacted me. That's why I am a little bit concerned with this new number calling! (0871 230 3338).

After that call from Link, I wrote to them and complained of their tactics. So far I don't think any of my neighbours have any more calls.

In fact I have not heard from them at all for about 3 weeks now!

Anyway, many thanks for all your comments.

Jeff.

Try ringing it from a call box if they dont say who they are then ask for someone by name apologise when they cant get him and say I must have dialled wrong number who is that anyway. Its worth a try:)

Does anyone recognise these numbers

0800 422 0295

0844 556 0022

Whenever I am at work, there are about 10 missed calls on my phone from these numbers but they never leave a message.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 02/01/07

Statements received - 15/01/07

Prelim sent - 24/01/07

LBA sent - 15/02/07

Claim filed in court - 20/03/07

Court date received for 26th June - 01/06/07

Received offer for full & final settlement from Cobbetts - 22/06/07:D :D

Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 26/06/07

Statements received - 03/07/07

Prelim letter sent - 17/07/07

Letter received - 07/08/07 - WON!!:grin:

Capital one credit card !!!

Guys, I am a bit new to all of this but can I just ask why would somebody ring your neighbour and ask for you ?

It's a tactic to confirm residence - if the person says yes I'll hand the message on to Mick or Bob or whatever they know you still live at the address.

On the other hand if the person they phone says in a convincing voice you moved out 9 months ago after splitting up with the wife, they might give up for a while...

other than that.... it's quite a good bullying tactic if they think they can get someone to not want debt collectors phoning their neighbours, and the less scrupulous bastards will say or strongly infer why they're phoning.

Number of times I've asked 1st Credit for information that I stil haven't recieved... 55 as at 02/05/07 :!: