Baliff petition;Stop them getting a legal right to forced entry;Peter Bard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Battleaxe

Spandavia, Why can't you SAR the bailiff firm rgarding the costs and documentation and then if they fail to supply the information, do an N1 on them for non-ccompliance and get them to disclose before the courts?

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Span and Battleaxe

I have a copy of the document her infront of me courtessy of Rev Paul Nicolson I wish i hacd a scanner that worked it's ludicrous.

The first page stats with

During a visit

Blank

Transportation of Female Prisoners

Blank

Now how could them telling us how they inted to transport female prisoners going to aid prospective law breakers?

Most suspicious part I think

4.1 When the powers should be used.

Blank Blank

8 Complaints

Blank

5.4Retention of removed articles

Blank

and it gerts even more rediculous.

What do you mean by premises?

Two pages of blanked paragraphs.

Who do they think they are Kidding

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

been having a bit of a read of this also, it is so infuriating that they just dont get it! that I believe is the real difference between people who have genuine experience of hardship up close shall we say and the rest, I read a document produced by Uni of Cambridge,(the Prof Beatson one) a research and recommendations thingy but there must surely be newer information than what they produced (?) anyway, they consult with cab and others and quite naturally the emphasis of this document is for force not to be allowed but the mention of 'when all other methods have been tried' just does not take into account, that vulnerable people can easily 'appear' to be the wont pay rather than cant pay, mothers will feed their kids before paying unreasonably extortionate creditors, thats so obvious. and trying to get in because you believe they may have goods to the value of £50 inside, whats that all about! they are so caught up and determined, it is frightening.http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/beatson.pdf

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Sent email to MP, drafted Petition for distribution around local shops & hostelries

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Sent email to MP, drafted Petition for distribution around local shops & hostelries

Good work Con 686

The web site petition is going to be a thorn in the governments side if we keep working on it.

Regards Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Guest Battleaxe

I am still wondering about this.

Why hasn't this committee spoken to REAL people rather than just consulting with the CAB et al. Have they asked for submissions from the public who have experienced difficulties with these 'licsensed' thugees. Check the meaning of Thugee before editing this post please.

Peter, keep up the good work regarding the petition, but I bet in the usual way No 10 wont even worry about it, they are so set on their agenda.

Battleaxe

I think that the MPs will have to worry if it can be shown that a large proportion of their electorate are not going to support them because they ignore their wishes.

I know what you meen but we have to show not only the MPs but the ordinarry person in the street the people who are worried about the errosion of civil liberties and the people that write on here that someone is trying to doing something to help.

Believe me i feel a frustrared as you do

Best regards

Peter

Hio

A Letter i have just sent to the above.

The recentBBC1 coverage

Beat the bailiffs

I would draw your attention to the recent TV program screened all this week commencing at 9.15 on BBC1.

To in form those that have not seen the programme “Beat the Bailiffs”, it commences with a couple being interviewed who have clearly been living beyond their means, then after a shot preamble the bailiff arrives.

What happens next bares absolutely no resemblance to the law as it stands and is clearly designed to paint the bailiff in a favourable light, there has been many complaints to OFCOM, the BBC and Lion the producers of the program on this score and I will not go further into this aspect of the programming except perhaps to mention the,” coincidental,” nature of it being aired whilst the bill was going through the house.

What I do consider worth exploring is the outcome of these bailiff visits. Baring in mind that the debtors where obviously chosen to be living beyond their means through choice, not like the hundreds that I personally have to deal with who do so by necessity.

There average debt is about £30,000

The result is that the bailiffs clear out the debtor’s house lock stock and barrel.

The spoils are then taken to a warehouse where a trained auctioneer values the goods, again on average he comes up with a figure around £100 for all the goods.

This does not cover the cost of extracting the goods or the bailiffs wages and turns out to be an ineffective and none financially productive exercise.

The interviewer then sits down with the debtor and arranges a repayment schedule that they can afford and contacts the creditors on their behalf.

It would seem logical to cut out the bailiffs and save the tax payer the cost of his wages. Or perhaps we could use the money to train and deploy debt councillors or better still restructure the lending policies available to the less well off in our society.

Either way it must be self evident that this form of debt collection does not work.

The decision to gives bailiffs increased powers will just increase their success rates of obtaining zero fanatical results for the plaintiff. It will however increase the bailiffs’ personal income.

If we must endure the out dated and ineffective role of the bailiff in our society surely we should be looking at ways of fazing them out not increasing the powers of this ineffective and archaic profession.

fantastic work Peter, 'spur to payment' is the amazing phrase so often used in regard to sending in bailiffs, how ridiculous, you spell it out so clearly, it serves no purpose other than to destroy any self-esteem or confidence the vulnerable family may if any, have left.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

We call upon the government to amend the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill, to remove the provision for Bailiffs to force entry to a persons property and the Custodial Offence of obstructing a Bailiff.

People can sign the above petition here:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Amend the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill.

If you have a look through the names of the people who have signed it you will note that two directors of one bailiff company (much criticised on here) have actually signed this petition!

Hi Thermometer

Well done with the petition.I must admit to being a little concerned we now have three petitions on this site and i don't wan't to diminish the effect or numbers by splitting the support.

The one on my sigature has bee endorsed by the members of cabinet pursuing our cause and i would emplore any one thinking of signing to sign both petitions.

Keep up the good work

peter

It's not my petition, peterbard, and I have not personally signed it as I have not read the Bill it refers to.

But other members of this site may well be interested and its good to know that directors of bailiff companies actually sign a petition against a Bill that would actually give them more powers!

Hi

I meant no critisism and your point is well taken. I think i must be getting a bit cranky I have been trying to get the profile of this issue into the public domain but all ikeep getting is we wil get back to you.I wrote 17 letters yeaterday to various newspapers TV companies documentarry producers and was on the phone till late trying to find a foothold in the conservative front bench where we could start a viable opposition. Sorry to whinge but it is so frustratining if we lose the right to safety and security from the state in our own homes it is gone forever we won't get it back, and once there is a precident what's next .

Thanks for letting me rant and keep up the good work

Peter

Not suprising you're feeling cranky Peter - this is so frustrating and, as you have pointed out, the media seem relatively uninterested. Still, keep you chin up - as they say, 'it's not over until the fat lady sings'!

best

Span

Can anyone tell me the timescale of this new Bill? Has it completed the Commons yet? When will it go to the Lords? Presumably it is still some way offf from actually becoming law (if it ever does) ?

NO Problem

The bill was introduced in the lords and has now gone through all the readings and reports there.

It had it's second reading in the Commons on the 7th March and is due to go to commitee on the 27th if this goes according to the governments plan it could go to report and be on the statute books by May although i learned last night it will nt be implemented until October.

So we have two weeks to drum up enough support to encourage some seriouus action from the conservtive front benches if we are going to get it ammended.

Not suprising you're feeling cranky Peter - this is so frustrating and, as you have pointed out, the media seem relatively uninterested. Still, keep you chin up - as they say, 'it's not over until the fat lady sings'!

best

Span

Thanks Span, and whats that about my mother in law,don't whatever you do encourage her to sing.

Petr

HI

Many Thanks

Can i bore you with a story

As some may know i have had the pleasure of working with the credit union for some time.

On this occasion a woman came in with two small children. She had just been visited by the bailiffs and had been intimidated so much that she had given them her food mony for the week £30 this was a few years ago.

She was a single mother it was a Friday and there was no food in the house. I still feel the same rage now as i felt then when i think of it. Needless to say we sorted her out and she paid us back every penny at .50p a week. Yes you could say i feel strongly.

Best regards

Peter

Peter

NO Problem

The bill was introduced in the lords and has now gone through all the readings and reports there.

Thank You.

It's quite worrying that Bills such as this one can be rushed through - and I doubt that may voting for it know the full implications.

but are there other ways of getting this the attention it deserves (anyone got a batman suit?) joking of course!

What should one do if a bailiff seizes equipment that may be considered militarily sensitive? that contains classified information? or that contains contact details of people working on a top secret project either here or in the USA?

Has the government considered that, bearing in mind the number of people who work from home or who have to travel between military sites both here and in the USA?

Hiya all

I have just sent the following e-mail to my MP (Wansbeck) and copies of it to every local newspaper!

Dear Sir

I am absolutely stunned that a Labour Government would ever consider putting a Bill such as this through Parliament. However the sad thing is, that its now not under consideration and could go through. Has Labour now just totally turned its back on the people it should be helping? If it has then it sickens me to think that I just about had the flags out when you gained control all those years ago! How wrong I was to think that this would be the change we had all been waiting for. Labour fighting for and looking out for the working class, poor and needy. Not any more, I am finished with Labour and I will probably never go back, this has been the last straw!

Bailiffs given the right to break in and exorcise force against debtors? Come on Mr Murphy do you think this is right? They are a law unto themselves at present and then to be given given these powers? Its going to cause a bloodbath sooner or later, people will just not stand for it. I am not a violent person but I can tell you that if anyone breaks into my property and tries to take what little I have, no matter who they are I am going to put up a fight and I can guarantee I won't give a damn about the consequences. Prisons are over filled at the present and if this Bill comes into force I think that the Government better start thinking about building some more.

You represent Ashington, you know the hardships, this area is just a small percentage of the people in this country that are going to be affected. Yes people over borrow and get into difficulties and stop paying because they can't. But does this give the right to some idiot to break down your door, knock you out the way and walk out with your worldly possessions and probably just sell them for less than what the costs were to acquire them? Think about it, who benefits? Of course the Bailiffs will and only they will, so please just use your imagination as to what is going to happen in this Country if this Bill goes through.

Again the poor and needy are being hit, just like the Poll Tax did and also what the C.S.A are doing to this day after 10 years of destroying lives to both Mams and Dads.Its time Labour pulled their socks up and remembered what they are there for and what they should be doing. Not going out to destroy more lives!!!

Regards

~~~~*NE GIGS*~~~~

:rolleyes:Its a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad mad world!:-|

Hiya all

I have just sent the following e-mail to my MP (Wansbeck) and copies of it to every local newspaper!

Dear Sir

I am absolutely stunned that a Labour Government would ever consider putting a Bill such as this through Parliament. However the sad thing is, that its now not under consideration and could go through. Has Labour now just totally turned its back on the people it should be helping? If it has then it sickens me to think that I just about had the flags out when you gained control all those years ago! How wrong I was to think that this would be the change we had all been waiting for. Labour fighting for and looking out for the working class, poor and needy. Not any more, I am finished with Labour and I will probably never go back, this has been the last straw!

Bailiffs given the right to break in and exorcise force against debtors? Come on Mr Murphy do you think this is right? They are a law unto themselves at present and then to be given given these powers? Its going to cause a bloodbath sooner or later, people will just not stand for it. I am not a violent person but I can tell you that if anyone breaks into my property and tries to take what little I have, no matter who they are I am going to put up a fight and I can guarantee I won't give a damn about the consequences. Prisons are over filled at the present and if this Bill comes into force I think that the Government better start thinking about building some more.

You represent Ashington, you know the hardships, this area is just a small percentage of the people in this country that are going to be affected. Yes people over borrow and get into difficulties and stop paying because they can't. But does this give the right to some idiot to break down your door, knock you out the way and walk out with your worldly possessions and probably just sell them for less than what the costs were to acquire them? Think about it, who benefits? Of course the Bailiffs will and only they will, so please just use your imagination as to what is going to happen in this Country if this Bill goes through.

Again the poor an needy are being hit, just like the Poll Tax did and also what the C.S.A are doing to this day after 10 years of destroying lives to both Mams and Dads.Its time Labour pulled their socks up and remembered what they are there for and what they should be doing. Not going out to destroy more lives!!!

Regards

~~~~*NE GIGS*~~~~

Hi, Great letter and welcome to CAG. :)

Let's hope your MP takes note of your very real concerns!

P.S. I notice that you have an external link in your post - I think this might be against CAG rules - just thought I'd mention it.

Have you signed the petition on the Downing St. website yet? The more the better so ask all your friends, relatives and neighbours to sign it too.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.