Baliff petition;Stop them getting a legal right to forced entry;Peter Bard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Emailed Brian Binley MP

petition to follow

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in... do I need to print off the petition, sign it and send it??

Yes please all the details are here

CAG Forum documents

We need as many sigs as possible fotthe 17th of Feb so if the wife or friends or familly agree get them to sign as well.

Many thanks

Petr

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Any chance of a quick update and and indication of direction to move at this stage?

Hi Del

Lord Beaufort of Whitley will address the HL for the third reading of the bill on the 20th of February.

There he will be asking the house to completely erase any mention of giving the bailiffs any powers of physical restraint or the right of forcible entry under a civil warrant.

All Lord Beuforts speeches and are drafted by The Reverend Paul Nicolson who is the driving force behind the amendments and will pursue this as it progresses into the Commons.

The fear is that the Bill wil be whipped through the commons quite quickly, usually the hold up in getting acts through parliament are because the bill is frequently Ping Ponged back and forth between the Commons and the Lords but in this case it will have been approved by the Lords . For this reason it is essential that we all contact our MP's and make our feelings known and also get an idea of the level of support we can expect from them

If we can get a good number of names on petition together before the 17th of Feb it will give us time to get them in some kind of order so that they can pe presented at the lords on the20th and give an indication of the public feeling about this bill.

Many Thanks Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi Peter,

Could this petition be placed on the 10 Downing street website or is it past that stage?

SHERLOCK

Hi

This is something that we are looking into, at the moment the immediate goal is to give the Lords an idea of the feeling of the general public at this stage.

Many Thanks Peter

Sent a message to my MP

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

HI

In response to Sherlock and others excellent idea i have started a petition on the No.10 web site. The link is:

Petition created

The name of the petition is Bailiff Violence.

The petition reads:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Restore the

ancient rights of British citizens to refuse the forced entry

of bailiffs.

On the 06 July 2004 Standing Committee E considering the

Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Bill, the Parliamentary

Under-Secretary of State for Constitutional Affairs did not

tell the Committee that they were abolishing the rights of

citizens to refuse entry to bailiffs established in around

1300, confirmed in Semayne’s case in 1604, and upheld by the

courts ever since. The Committee was not informed that it was

abolishing centuries of common law. Neither was the measure

introduced or debated on the floor of the House of Commons. We

demand this fundamental right to freedom from the threat of

violence in our own homes be reinstated, and safeguarded for

the protection of future generations.

This petition is awaiting approval and if approved will run for eight months .

Please do not regard this as an alternative to the vital petition that we are having presented to the lords on the 20th.

It would be ideal if anyone who shares our views signs both.

regards

Peter

I see there is a petition there " To paint the roofs of all houses in Britain white " too !!!

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Just got the "Sorry we couldn't confirm the creation of your petition message!"

Me to

I only created it a litttle while ago i suppode it takes time to be processed.

I see there is a petition there " To paint the roofs of all houses in Britain white " too !!!

What a good idea if you live near the coast and problems with seagull poo.

Sorry

Petr

Hi,

Petitons have to be pre-approved by the No10 Website team, and unfortunately it can take a couple of working days. Not too sure why it take so long.

Remember 'Carry on Follow that Camel'??

Corktip (Anita Harris) "I'll meet you tonight, at midnight, at the tenth house in the Street of Many Fools"

Sgt Nocker (Phil Silvers) "OH......10 Downing Street.."

Says it all really.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Copy of petition sent to local MP (Who seems more worried about local raves than anything important!) and Baroness Shepherd Of Northwold (Was Gillian Shepherd MP) who lives next to my mum and always seemed a fair politician.

Hello, Just stumbled accross this thread. Have printed off the petition and will get as many signatures as I possibily can and get then to you before the 17th Feb. I think this is absolutely wonderful the power we can have if we stand together.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Sent a message to my MP, but can't find the ePetition yet... Must still be being created.

Dave

HSBC: Settled - Offered full refund 2 days before MCOL - £2934.50

(Thread here)

Lloyds TSB: Settled - Offered full refund 2 weeks before MCOL - £650 (Thread here)

Hi all, am sending a petition by post Monday to Stalybridge.

Has anyone seen this Writetothem.com

Let me know if you feel it is of use. :-)

• Haha 1

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hello, Just stumbled accross this thread. Have printed off the petition and will get as many signatures as I possibily can and get then to you before the 17th Feb. I think this is absolutely wonderful the power we can have if we stand together.

Absolutely

I must admit to getting a bit panicky now we need a lot more signatures if we are going to make any sort of impression on the HL on the 20th.

I have been out on the street yesterday (it was bloody freezing) and got a few more. I am just hoping that a few of you good people out there have got lists that you are leaving to the last minute to send or e-mail in order to get the most names.

Rev Paul has asked me to pass on his thanks and personal appreciation for all your efforts and will I am sure want to write to thank you personally after the 3rd reading is over at the moment he is involved in drafting the speech to be presented by Lord Beaufort a week on Tuesday.

I have also forwarded a number of the letters received to Lord Beaufort and The rev Paul Nicolson as i know how he sometimes likes to incorporate individual experiences in his speeches in order to make a point.

Please be assured that all measures to insure the privacy of individual author’s will be respected and no names or anything that would identify the contributor will not be publicised.

As said earlier this will be the first opportunity that the public has to express our disgust at this bill and the underhand way the bailiff powers have been increased without due debate or common consultation. The Final reading of the T.C and E. at the house will not be the end of the debate but hopefully we will show that there is a great deal of public concern about this issue and the way it affects wider issues in our society I think that we should be chuffed with ourselves by the fact that we have taken a stand and are committed in continuing the fight through the commons for as long as it takes.

Kind regards

Peter

• Haha 1

Why aren't the press all over this? A million signatures is just a statistic (with all due respect to those who are making the effort) but a load of bad press headlines about this government policy is the surest possible way to stop it dead in its tracks. Bad press is just about the only thing this lot take any notice of. They seem to take perverse pleasure in ignoring other types of popular pressure - look what happened to the stop the Iraq war group.Surely Lord Beaufort and The Rev Paul Nicolson have access to some form of PR facilities?

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

anyone listening to the responses to the epetition on roadpricing on R4, and roundrobin emails, they now have over a million signatures, when I heard of it last week (Fri), they needed a least a thousand.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Why aren't the press all over this? A million signatures is just a statistic

Good question payingonlyencouragesthem

and the same one I asked when I first joined this site, why aren’t the banks unlawful practices making headline news. I have written many articles for various papers that have not been printed and the answer is always lack of public interest. What has to happen is a rising of the public awareness of a situation to a certain level then that creates a groundswell of interest which hopefully spreads then the major news networks get interested. The problem is that by the time this happens sometimes the damage has been done. Despite the amount of time this story has been in the public domain the actions that have been taken by the government seem to have been kept on a low key some might say by accident some might say by design. So we are starting the process late in the game but i believe we are going about it the right way lots, of letters to MP,s petitions ,letters to your local papers .The major news media will get on board eventually as they are just beginning to do with the bank charges issues.

Peter