Baliff petition;Stop them getting a legal right to forced entry;Peter Bard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont think so but found it all a bit confusing, lots of voting, lots of no's have it.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all very confusing for us and not so used to there termonalogy, lets hope that Peter and others can help us through the nitty gritty of it all.

In words we can understand.

Peter and everybody else involved in this fight.

I think you are fantastic.

And I really do appreciate all you are doing for us all.

THANK YOU

Austin Mitchell, Simon Hughes and Henry Bellingham really did raise the issues on the vulnerable and protection for the vulnerable, there was a lot of 'we intend' in reply but it was heartening to hear reference to the good work done by Peter and his contacts and get the real concerns aired, thanks Peter once again.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Had to go out urgently, just as it seemed they were approaching decision time, I realise Austin is is a friend and all that, but I thought he was wandering after a while.

I was very impressed with H.Bellingham and one another, not Simon Hughes, though he was ok.

What a choker it had the reading on this day, of all the days possible!

We shall see what we shall see, to tired right now to consult Hansard or wherever you get the updated information.

Would like to echo P.Clarkson and Maybelline and express huge THANK YOU to Peter and all, for valiant efforts.

Guest Herbie

During the transfer of power between Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, the Tribunals Courts & Enforcement Bill was PASSED in the House of Commons. A most wonderful example of a good day to bury bad news.

It was of course expected, but nonetheless a huge dissapointment.

For those of you who watched on TV yesterday, Vera Baird said on a number of occasions that it was a shame that Austin Mitchell had not been part of the committee stage of the bill, and I for one agree with that. As you may know, AM came into this very late in the day after his daughter's car was clamped by bailiffs.

Although the Bill has passed, VB did confirm that the new powers being granted to bailiffs WILL NOT be brought in until ALL bailiffs are certificated and the SIA are brought in as Regulator. I will not go into the SIA today, suffice to say, that I have written a report detailing why they SHOULD NOT be the regulator which has been distributed.

Phillip Evans will be writing a letter this morning which no doubt Peter will post.

I think but correct me if I am wrong, we may have lost the battle but I truly believe we have not lost the war, please Peter & Herbie let us know what we can do collectively to carry on this campaign.

SFx

I agree. Hugely disappointing - but we battle on ! Bad law CAN be over-turned !

Watch out, now, for a spate of complaints where bailiffs tell people this law has passed and they now have the right to force entry !

TW - I have a very interesting meeting with Head of Revenue and a bailiff company on 10 July, and on the agenda with be the TCE, I want to put in all the checks and balances before this comes enforceable.

TBH this has just made me even more determined to make a difference, my poor husband when he told me to go for it I really dont think he realised quite how much it would take over my life!!!! Though with my case being in the press last week, I have over 5 people congratulate me and tell me that I am doing a good job and it is making a difference.

SFx

So are we saying the bill has been passed but has not yet been made law as such.

That's right ... the government have promised that the section allowing forced entry WILL NOT become law until after the bailiff industry has been regulated.

But we all know about this government's promises, don't we?

TW - I have a very interesting meeting with Head of Revenue and a bailiff company on 10 July, and on the agenda with be the TCE, I want to put in all the checks and balances before this comes enforceable.

TBH this has just made me even more determined to make a difference, my poor husband when he told me to go for it I really dont think he realised quite how much it would take over my life!!!! Though with my case being in the press last week, I have over 5 people congratulate me and tell me that I am doing a good job and it is making a difference.

SFx

Good for you !

Every bit of publicity helps the cause (and alerts people to something that they may not even have thought or heard about - but would probably be horrified if they knew).

In a sad way i hope the bailiffs do start with the route of forcing their way into peoples homes. That maybe the only way to hang themselves and when someone is injured or commits suicide then only then will this stupid bill be looked at again. I hope that some of those that voted for this bill eventually come upon hard times and get a visit. What goes round comes around. Its not only the vulnerable and poor that fall on hard times. Bet there would be an outcry then.

That's right ... the government have promised that the section allowing forced entry WILL NOT become law until after the bailiff industry has been regulated.

But we all know about this government's promises, don't we?

WE SOITENLY DO, STANLEY (with apologies)

user_online.gif

The government cant regulate themselves so how the hell they are going to regulate the bailiff industry god only knows. I do hope something comes up whereby this bill can be overturned. AM did a good job. But as usual what would have happened if his daughters car had not been clamped. Would he have stood up then to speak out. As i said earlier when one of the politicians get a visit then they will know how it feels. I wonder then who will get the mostpublicity. The vulnerable or the politician. erm, let me think.

HI

I am afraid I had to miss part of the debate yesterday so I am waiting for the Hansard, saw up until the voting for Amendment 6,

Yes it was disappointing but not altogether unexpected result yesterday.

No, it is not the end, yesterday we all saw the amount of opposition there was to clause three of the bill and schedule 12.

We all saw the way VB rode roughshod over the combined wishes of the other parties in regard to an independent regulator.

And we all saw the support that we have from the opposition front benches and particularities who is willing to stand up and say so..

We must now concentrate on providing these people with all the ammunition we can, every incidence of misuse of power of unresolved complaints, give them all the ammunition we can to use.

We must remind and continue the push on the petition using the situation as it is now to try and engender more public debate.

It will not be long before bailiffs are stating they have the right to enter without permission on the first visit or to chase a CCJ.

Which as we know the do not yet have, lets have every incidence of this sent to the ministry of Justice and our friends on the opposite benches.

Let’s see if we can crack the media.

Talk more Later

Not ready to roll over yet

Best regards

Peter

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Good idea, but what about all the people that dont know about the forum. And also their rights at the moment. This is the scary thing. We are together on here but where do you see in the media, well not often about this. It needs to be brought to a much wider audience. It needs to be on all the local news sites. Things like that. sorry if anyone thinks i am talking cobblers at all but do not have the expertise like the fantastic people here. I am only talking as a lay person. If you know what i mean

I’d like to add my own thanks to Peter, for the way in which he has led this fight on CAG.

Peter has not only stuck to the task despite obvious difficulties, but is also posting frequently and authoritatively on the giant Consumer Credit Act Agreements thread!

Scales duly clicked.

Els

Sorry Smashed,

I just meant those already ON the forum who do pick up details; but I do take your point about spreading the need to advise, wider, and you know that if we can go to local news et al with specifics, there's a much better chance of them picking up on the matter. Little and often or 'chinese water torture' using abuse cases.

Would you suggest that each mis-use or abuse of power is channelled through the forum and, additionally, to an individual's MP and Councillor?

Anywhere else? CAB?

Hi

Great minds think alike, well you know what i meen.

I am in the middle of drafting a personal letter to both the main supporters of our cause on the oppostion benches to see if they would be interested in being kept upto date of the effectiveness of the intervening "regulation "before the SIA take effect.

Also it would be great if we could team up with the CAB as regardeing information and statistics re complaints. I have started a letter in that respect also. I have a few limited local links with them but i will keep everybody abreast of what I am doing as i hope everyone else will also.

Best

Peter

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Just gave my mp a b*ll*cking for voting with the SHEEP.....it seems as though ALL the labour mps opposed the ammendments and all the opposition backed them

It seems as though it was a whipped vote rather than a vote of conscience

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Excuse me - Dave, were you really considering matters of conscience AND the governing party?? Oxymorons ain't in it!

oops.....yes I see what you mean :D

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D