Baliff petition;Stop them getting a legal right to forced entry;Peter Bard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I admit to not have read it thoroughly but the more I read the more confused I feel - will people who currently have voluntary agreements be automatically transferred over to the debt relief orders (think they are called that) OR Administration Orders, I know people who are managing their debt with informal arrangements and enjoy a certain amount of flexibility with their income and outgoings, as miscellaneous and unexpected expenses occur, but reading the bill, it all look so mechanistic, so tightly drawn up, anyone with an AO, all the checks on their income, the information checks with their employers, banks, tax, etc, it does all seem excessive and punitive to me??

(if I have that info wrong do correct me, I dont want to worry folk but I had quite a look at it yesterday)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sky Message board is already producing some comments - and - as I suspected - they are not very supportive !

The general "opinion" seems to be - if they've got themselves into debt, that's their own fault.

With this kind of attitude it's going to be hard to get the public to support regulation of bailiffs - the attitude seems to be "whatever needs to be done" etc.

where have you been recently?

Are you kidding? lets avoid the personal aspect, please.

"One newspaper, only this week, carried a front page that reported that even the Queen was dismayed by recent events."

So she's worried about baliffs getting access?

It's possible the Mail/Rothermere syndicate has more stories "Spies in your bin" etc, than even they once carried.

Some of these rags are just like a politicised Weekly World News

Weekly World News

How much influence on the public they have is speculative,

How much influence the public have on Downing St is catergoricaly established as ziltch.

The shaping of law/policies/bills, occurs in small rooms and corriders, ideally near a good restaurant.

To persuade people of influence is essential, must be the priority and also the first best hope.

When I talked of 'pinging' I perhaps should have said 'email notification'

but if that's a lot of effort, for not much interest or support in return, then maybe there's little point going there.

I am a recent arrival at this forum and may have missed some items,

but since Watcher raises the notion of raising public awareness outside these forums, it's reasonable to consider also, if there is any mileage with "civil liberties" groups.

Regards to all.

I can't post on sky as it keeps on coming up error!!, I will leave it here and post it there later

If they tried to take my pet, I think it would quickly become a very sticky situation, I wouldn't let them take my dog and would fight, what if someone got seriously hurt or murdered.

I think there would be suicides also, people who get into debt tend to be at a very low ebb anyway they don't choose to become debtors, people don't sign for credit with no intention to pay, circumstances change, i.e. illness, family, They get behind and can never catch up, because of the bank charges/bailiff charges have caused this to become a spiral of debt, surely this could be the last straw for some people.

If you think this could never happen to you, then this shows complete arrogance but I suppose anyone can live in a bubble if they choose

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

franceso, I get a link in my email every time someone contributes to a thread I have subscribed to, I cannot remember how this works, I think if you go to user control panel and click on subscriptions you have options.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

HI

Thanks F must admit i missed that however this is not what it says in the bill this is an outline of intent as far as the bill is concerned the risk to poor fido is still the same as no amendment has been agreed.

Best regards

Peter

besides, 143 - in certain circumstances, however, for example where there are no other suitable goods on the debtor's premises, the enforcement agent may be prermitted to take cotnrol of EXEMPT GOODS (my upper case) provided he provides the debtor with replacement goods....

the debtor may own an antique dining table and chairs....in the absence of any other goods suitable for taking into control, the enforcement agent may in these circumstances take the table and chairs, providing that a suitable replacement is provided for the debtors use ????

Hi W

Thanks i had missed that one it is done now

Thanks again

Peter

HI

The b**rs removed my first post because i put a link in to the downing street petition.

There are a few supportive comments on there so far i think that people need to be made aware that this legislation is not just about people evading paying debts more importantly it removes one of our basic and long held civil rights, the right to peace and security in your own home.

Best regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Markets/RetMkts/Metrng/Metering/Documents1/15763-Fuel%20Powerty%20Advisory%20Group%20(FPAG).pdf

hello Watcher, I saw that item on news, looked up Ofgem, some interesting facts about fuel poverty in England. (sorry, I know this is Bailiff thread, maybe mods can move the broader stuff to a new thread?)

also -

Key facts - The Poverty Sitehttp://www.cpag.org.uk/info/Povertyarticles/Poverty120/utilities.htm

facts about poverty, do bailiffs visit the rich?

Poverty 120: Paying more and getting less: exclusion from utilities

(because it is true)

:):)

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Markets/RetMkts/Metrng/Metering/Documents1/15763-Fuel%20Powerty%20Advisory%20Group%20(FPAG).pdf

hello Watcher, I saw that item on news, looked up Ofgem, some interesting facts about fuel poverty in England. (sorry, I know this is Bailiff thread, maybe mods can move the broader stuff to a new thread?):):)

How long before the rights - not to be cut-off - on energy supplies are removed in the UK too?

If they get away with allowing forced entry ... this will be the next step.

Death .... for owing less than £70 !

Absolutley disgusting conduct. It's alledged that the contractor was told of the importance of the supply. If true I do hope the git gets done for preferably Murder but at least Manslaughter.

& for those who don't think it can happen here it can.

Many many moons ago an elderly couple who relied on gas for all their needs, including lighting, reported a gas leak. The Gas Board, as then, sent a fitter who turned off the gas completely without providing an alternative means of heating or cooking (they did have an electricity supply so something could have been provided).

The elderly (80-90) couple had very poor eyesight, it was Winter & they were not found for a couple of days suffering from hypothermyia.

The Gas Board where taken to civil court & forced to pay compensation but before the claim would be settled it was insisted that the employee be dismissed which he was.

& they didn't owe a bean they just didn't know how to stand up for themselves

Absolutley disgusting conduct. It's alledged that the contractor was told of the importance of the supply. If true I do hope the git gets done for preferably Murder but at least Manslaughter

To good for them. Can think of more suitable punishment:evil:

How long before the rights - not to be cut-off - on energy supplies are removed in the UK too?

If they get away with allowing forced entry ... this will be the next step.

Death .... for owing less than £70 !

expensive prepayment meter tariffs – pre-payment meters allow small and controllable cash payments, making them popular with low-income consumers. However, they are the most expensive payment method, making debt repayment even harder and self-disconnection more likely;

this from the link above, the most vulnerable suffer 'self-disconnection' very frequently in winter months because you can only obtain metered and more expensive gas or electric by paying in advance, you cannot have it and pay at the end of the month for example, if you dont have the cash you stay cold!

Damm i thought i was a B******* with my stand against the banks the rest of the companies just take the P***. erm low income -1 need heat no money 2 kids freeze. Damm i thought there where laws against cutting people of with kids or the old and disabled? I thought their used to be?

Maybelline

This is why there is so much concern about water metering & the ability of the water companies to instal meters that will be prepay & if you run out of money you will self-disconnect & these companies will be able to claim "it's nowt to do with us guv"

Unless they are at the sharp end or in difficulties themselves the ordinary consumer has know idea what goes on.

Eg A utility company attempted to obtain a warrant for entry against a widow who's late husbands estate was still in probate. This was despite being told by the acting solicitor that funds would be made available with 72 hours.

THe mag court on hearing the circumstances refused to enter the application

yes pliny, when Peter mentioned how not interested folk apparently were on the sky thing I saw red, talk about how the other half live, trying to find a way to get the nimby's on board is a shrewd tactic but if only they would take a moment to consider what is really going on all around them!

Small wonder some OAPs stay in bed all day to keep warm, with all attendant risks.

It's particularly maddening cos many of them are war veterans that have make this country and economy what it is.

There have been plenty of opportunities to really look after them but the goverment of the day has decided they have other priorities.

Dont get me started on certain local authourities.

or me! when you add it all up its pretty scary, cctv everywhere, dna of children kept on record, asbos for petty things because of targets to achieve,we are being monitored, fined, categorised from birth as who will become a criminal??!! just what kind of society are we becoming, it is foolish to think there will be no fallout that will affect us all.

Consumer debt County Court judgements at 10-year high

Thats the London Evening Standard, sorry it's big type, would have changed it but realised I like it's impact, would have posted the link but there were tech probs.

I have a suspicion that for many there is a bit of a slump and the above is an indicator.

It's beyond being a bit extended, 'real income' levels are falling while costs are going up.

Thats the London Evening Standard, sorry it's big type, would have changed it but realised I like it's impact, would have posted the link but there were tech probs.

I have a suspicion that for many there is a bit of a slump and the above is an indicator.

It's beyond being a bit extended, 'real income' levels are falling while costs are going up.

is it this one in the daily mail?

Consumer debt County Court judgements at 10-year high | the Daily Mail

Damm i thought there where laws against cutting people of with kids or the old and disabled? I thought their used to be?

I believe there are, here in the UK, this happened in New Zealand.

But - if they get their way with forced entry into our homes, expect this to be the next step taken here too.

Its what I've been saying for some time. There is a debt crisis in the UK which is about to explode !

Bankruptcies and IVAs are at an all time high (and increase around 30/40% year on year. It's a time-bomb. The only growth area for the future seems to be the bailiff business.