Baliff petition;Stop them getting a legal right to forced entry;Peter Bard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I didn't see anyone mentioning it here, thought all of you may be interested to know that Karen Buck MP has introduced a Private Member's Bill to " to make requirements in respect of the use of force and forcible entry by bailiffs; to make provision for the reference to court of certain cases involving vulnerable clients; and for connect purposes."

The 2nd reading of the bill is on 16th Oct 09 and you can read her speech through this link : House of Commons Hansard Debates for 02 Jun 2009 (pt 0004)

and details of the bill can be found here : Bills and Legislation - Bailiffs (Repeals and Amendment) Bill

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks jerrywinger, interesting, do not know much about the parliamentary process but was astonished by the utterances of vera baird first time around!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 1 month later...
I didn't see anyone mentioning it here, thought all of you may be interested to know that Karen Buck MP has introduced a Private Member's Bill to " to make requirements in respect of the use of force and forcible entry by bailiffs; to make provision for the reference to court of certain cases involving vulnerable clients; and for connect purposes."

The 2nd reading of the bill is on 16th Oct 09 and you can read her speech through this link : House of Commons Hansard Debates for 02 Jun 2009 (pt 0004)

and details of the bill can be found here : Bills and Legislation - Bailiffs (Repeals and Amendment) Bill

Predictably, our venal kakistocracy somehow prevented the Bill from being printed and the Order for the Second Reading was allowed to lapse, therefore the Bill cannot proceed further.

hi all, I'm new to this, where does this leave things re; the law on forced entry? many thanks.

most bailiffs cant force entry bailiffs collecting parking tickets or council tax cant

bailiffs collecting for the csa tax man and court fines can

They can if they have previously entered your home Its known as peaceful entry If that happens a licensed bailiff does not require a court order they can force entry without further ado. therefore its very important that you don't let them into your home even if they ask to use the loo the telephone ("just to phone the office love") etc If the former tell them to go pee in some ones garden & if the latter tell them you don't have a phone cos "sorry no its been cut off mate"

• Haha 1

Uurrgghhh, they make me sick. It's the lies and filthy tactics they use. They'll say anything to get people to pay, but heaven forbid, if they got more rights there'd be anarchy! They're bad enough now, semi-regulated. Ok people have duties to pay, but what if they can't. Isn't it ugly what some people will do to make money, yuck!!

There would certainly be more deaths because of people trying to defend their homes

When asked Blairs spokesperson stated that the PM thought people shouldn't be able to 'hide' behind their front door So much for the Magna Carta & the Bill of Rights

Edited by JonCris

There would certainly be more deaths because of people trying to defend their homes

When asked Blairs spokesperson stated that the PM thought people shouldn't be able to 'hide' behind their front door So much for the Magna Carta & the Bill of Rights

You can only avail yourself to the Bill of Rights 1689 if you can show your ancestors in the year 1689 were free men, and not slaves.

The Magna Carta has been unofficially rebuked by plenty of legislation, inparticular where a person has a right to a fair trial in all civil and criminal proceedings. Its not compatible with DVLA, TV Licensing, civil enforcement, tribunals (where burden of proof lie with the accused) Child Support Agency, council tax, road traffic debts, motoring offences and HMRC.

Interestingly, all legislation rebuking magna carta have one thing in common, they all involve a money transfer.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

Thanks Jon. Re; People shouldn't be allowed hide behind their front doors! It shows how conservative and illiberal Blair really was.

Good point NP re; the money transfer aspect. If the person who's forced entry / climbed through an open window in your home to remove your goods is a a 'bailiff' it's absolutely fine in the eyes of the law, and we have little or no right to defend our home or our goods. Otherwise it's burglary and the same people who argue we don't have the right to 'hide' behind our doors to bailiffs suddenly may defend our rights when the culprit is for example some problematic stereotypical youth.

It seems that the STATE has certain priorities concerning power as much as anything. Maybe that's why certain illiberal power-crazed dictators don't like us little people having too many rights?? :rolleyes:

Edited by layer_cake

• 3 weeks later...
You can only avail yourself to the Bill of Rights 1689 if you can show your ancestors in the year 1689 were free men, and not slaves.

The Magna Carta has been unofficially rebuked by plenty of legislation, inparticular where a person has a right to a fair trial in all civil and criminal proceedings. Its not compatible with DVLA, TV Licensing, civil enforcement, tribunals (where burden of proof lie with the accused) Child Support Agency, council tax, road traffic debts, motoring offences and HMRC.

Interestingly, all legislation rebuking magna carta have one thing in common, they all involve a money transfer.

AND this government

• 3 weeks later...
I am new to this cant find how to post a new post with my horrific story 0f 7 January 2009 re- a visit I received. Can you tell me how to get it on here.I have registered
Click on New Thread on the main Bailiffs page - this link will take you there. Best Wishes! Edited by layer_cake

Two days ago 6/1/2010 I was approached on my doorstep by two men. One introduced himself name and (a title of) enforcement officer and my partner (name) is a warrant officer, we are here on behalf of (name of council) non domestics arrears for () property £2,1034 " this officer has a warrant for your arrest if you are unable to pay this debt , you will be taken from here to (Place) police station where you will be held until tomorrow morning where you will then attend Magistrates court for committal to prison. Absolutly taken aback by this as this account is nearly ten years old for a failed business, which is another horrendous story. My reply "I dont have it his reply "collect your belongings and make your way to the van parked here". It has a cage in the back but no seats., not the best I know" In the mean time while I was getting my prescription tablets together, at this point let me tell you I have had 3 heart attacks over the last 18 months and take over 170 tablets a week to stay alive. My wife arrived on the scene after me telephoning her to tell her I was being arrested. at this time I felt myself at the start of an engina attack To cut things short they convinced me to contact my sister who agreed to pay them £1000 which they said would stop the arrest. While on the phone to my sister I found they had walked into the house. My wife had to leave as she was still on work, they left me to go to my sisters house to collect their £1000 leaving me with a two receipts one for a walking possesion and another for me to pay the balance they said was owing at £90 per month for 12 months and if I didnt pay it they would be back to take me to prison. By this time I was in the throse of a full blown engina attack and spitting up blood which I showed to them and asked how much more do you want from me. JUst sign thewse and we,ll be out of you way. I learnt from my sister some 30mins later she paid them £1,400 not £1,000 making the receipt I had for the balance incorrect. he said she was,nt coersed into paying more but I am not to sure, as my sister is an Invalid and aged 65, I had no transport to get to her and the as I Know know them now to be BAILIFFS, said I could not go with them to my sisters as their insurance would not cover me to be inthe van. I suppose on reflection now that should have been an awakening call to me. But by this time I was completely out of it. I was not very well for the rest of the evening and the following day. Today Friday 8 January I managed to contacted the Council guess what!! no commital to prison had been applied for by them and certainly no warrant of arrest has been applied for. they had however passed the collection to the bailiffs concerned. How do I stand, my friends, can I get the money back my sister paid because of their conduct, and have I any redress about their lies and deceit. What would happen if my sister cancelled the Credit card payment or is she able to do this. As my username implies I am (Completely desperate) what can I do ? I have a name with which to speak to the council who was not available today because of the weather and was told to ring back on Monday. I went down to the Council Offices, they said no-one who has the authority to speak to you re. this is in the building. I am at my wits end. any help or suggestions I would welcome with open arms.

THis My experience with them.

Two days ago 6/1/2010 I was approached on my doorstep by two men. One introduced himself name and (a title of) enforcement officer and my partner (name) is a warrant officer, we are here on behalf of (name of council) non domestics arrears for () property £2,1034 " this officer has a warrant for your arrest if you are unable to pay this debt , you will be taken from here to (Place) police station where you will be held until tomorrow morning where you will then attend Magistrates court for committal to prison. Absolutly taken aback by this as this account is nearly ten years old for a failed business, which is another horrendous story. My reply "I dont have it his reply "collect your belongings and make your way to the van parked here". It has a cage in the back but no seats., not the best I know" In the mean time while I was getting my prescription tablets together, at this point let me tell you I have had 3 heart attacks over the last 18 months and take over 170 tablets a week to stay alive. My wife arrived on the scene after me telephoning her to tell her I was being arrested. at this time I felt myself at the start of an engina attack To cut things short they convinced me to contact my sister who agreed to pay them £1000 which they said would stop the arrest. While on the phone to my sister I found they had walked into the house. My wife had to leave as she was still on work, they left me to go to my sisters house to collect their £1000 leaving me with a two receipts one for a walking possesion and another for me to pay the balance they said was owing at £90 per month for 12 months and if I didnt pay it they would be back to take me to prison. By this time I was in the throse of a full blown engina attack and spitting up blood which I showed to them and asked how much more do you want from me. JUst sign thewse and we,ll be out of you way. I learnt from my sister some 30mins later she paid them £1,400 not £1,000 making the receipt I had for the balance incorrect. he said she was,nt coersed into paying more but I am not to sure, as my sister is an Invalid and aged 65, I had no transport to get to her and the as I Know know them now to be BAILIFFS, said I could not go with them to my sisters as their insurance would not cover me to be inthe van. I suppose on reflection now that should have been an awakening call to me. But by this time I was completely out of it. I was not very well for the rest of the evening and the following day. Today Friday 8 January I managed to contacted the Council guess what!! no commital to prison had been applied for by them and certainly no warrant of arrest has been applied for. they had however passed the collection to the bailiffs concerned. How do I stand, my friends, can I get the money back my sister paid because of their conduct, and have I any redress about their lies and deceit. What would happen if my sister cancelled the Credit card payment or is she able to do this. As my username implies I am (Completely desperate) what can I do ? I have a name with which to speak to the council who was not available today because of the weather and was told to ring back on Monday. I went down to the Council Offices, they said no-one who has the authority to speak to you re. this is in the building. I am at my wits end. any help or suggestions I would welcome with open arms.

This is totally disgraceful behavior but not surprising. If you could start your own thread on this matter some one will come and help you further. Your sister can get her money back im sure through what they call a charge back but im sure some one with more info on that will advise further.

start your own thread with this Bailiffs and Sheriff Officers click on that link it will take you to a new page near the bottom of new page on the left you will see new thread

then copy and paste this post

if you have a problem doing this let me know and i wil get site team to move it for you

so sorry you have been subjected to this disgusting and inhuman treatment. one of the resident experts will tell you more about your rights. this seems to be an example of how bad bailiffs can be and how absolutely dishonest they are. which company were they from?

• 3 months later...

The right of a bailiff to FORCE ENTRY into a property could change very soon.

Today, David Cameron has "vowed" to help "vulnerable groups" by abolishing the powers of bailiffs and council tax inspectors to enter homes !!!

It is a SHAME that he had not made this statement a few weeks ago instead of leaving it until 2 days BEFORE the election !!

This could be a VOTE WINNER !!!!!!

David Cameron: We’ll aid vulnerable | The Sun |News|Election 2010

The right of a bailiff to FORCE ENTRY into a property could change very soon.

Today, David Cameron has "vowed" to help "vulnerable groups" by abolishing the powers of bailiffs and council tax inspectors to enter homes !!!

It is a SHAME that he had not made this statement a few weeks ago instead of leaving it until 2 days BEFORE the election !!

This could be a VOTE WINNER !!!!!!

David Cameron: We’ll aid vulnerable | The Sun |News|Election 2010

I've been wavering but now the Tories will get my vote on this plus their declared intention to scrap ID cards etc