Funkmaster Vs Barclays

funkmaster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, been looking at some of the claims against Barclays to put me in good stead to recover the money which is rightfully mine!

Il update this thread on any progress and would appreciate any help along the way.

My first question would be, Is opening a new bank account before you sent a SAR the way forward?

At the moment i've filled in the SAR temlate letter from this site and am ready to get the ball rolling, any advise or tips before i start would be great.

I don't think there is any need to open a parachute account before you submit a SAR - all you are doing is asking for information (even though they will suspect what you will then use that for....)

I would get one ready at some stage though, just in case - I opened one and have been using it to bank all my refunded charges just in case I need to pay a card or account balance at short notice! :)

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

I was wondering about this too, the thing is I have quite a few direct debits set up with Barclays and also loan repayments with Barclayloan that come out via direct payment. I'm bricking it at the thought of Barclays turning nasty and closing my account, and demanding I pay off my overdraft in full and also the bloody loan! If that happens I will be in deep doo-doo even if I have another bank account set up.

Posted my S.A.R Today also arranged a meeting with TSB to open an account with them, in the event that Barclays close me down, im probably being overcautious doing this at such an early stage in my claim but thought id be prepared,

Any advice on what to expect as a reply from them? iv noticed alot of people reciev a standard letter in reply to a S.A.R, is this always the case?

Barclays seem to leave everyting until as late as they can, although they responded to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) pretty fast.

Having said that, my LBA went out to them after they wrote saying they would respond to my prelim and then they went strangely quiet!

I have no compunction about taking them to court though, as I know I will win.....but I do have a parachute account just in case they get upset.

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved the 1st reply from Barclays on Wednesday (7/2/07) with my £10 cheque attached. I am now awaiting my compete set of statements. I have checked my set of statements as i have kept them and i have counted £590 in charges in total.

Has anyone closed thier account with barclays whilst claiming?:confused: does this have any effect on your claim as i am considering changing banks in order to sort my finances out,

Today recieved my full set of statements, Charges amount to £675, Iv downloaded the complex-bank-charges spreadsheet and am not sure about the interest? is it imperative that you claim this back as i think it might be more trouble than its worth as im only claiming a small amount back (compared with some people iv seen on here)

2nd question is: do you sent the "give me my money back2 letter to Churchill Place address?

Any help/opinions would be much appreciated:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I sent my "give me my money back" letter on 28/02/2007 and recieved a reply in the form of a standard letter with a complaint leaflet today. This letter states that they will investigate my complaint in the next 4WEEKS! I stated in my letter that i expected a not automated response in 14days! They also said it could take upto 8weeks for them to reply with thier findings, I have read some threads on here and most people recieve an offer at this stage, what should i do from here? Is it best to force the issue and send them another letter with the shedule of costs and state that if i do not recieve a full settlement within 14days that court procedings will follow, OR wait for them to mess about for 8 weeks and let them call the shots. I know what i want to do but is it the way forward?

Any help would be great, thanks.