• Tweets

• Hi, I bought a car from Citroen dealer 'Robins and Day' on 21/06/2019, it was C4 grand piccasso 2016 with only 4400 miles on the dashboard. The caar started giving trouble every morning showing "gearbox fault, repair needed'. Its only started happening in the morning when weather satrted getting cloder. When I switch on the engine in the morning it is fine but as soon as I start reversing the car  then gearrrbox gets stuck on reverse gear which locks everything, unable to switch on or push the car back to a parking position to keep the road clear. Last thuursday morrning gearbox got stuck while reversing infront of a school, it was verry stressful be causing one mile of traffic.   Got the car recovered by RAC and taken to the dealer, diagonosis was booked for Friday the 18th october 7:30 am but they were not giving me any update until today afternoon that actuator may be broken. They now want to get authorisation from the extended warranty department of their headoffice, said once parts is ordered it will take upto 3 to 4 days.   I am a cab driver and I have already lost 7 days and I assume they are going to take another 5 days, in total around 2 weeks. They are taking too long because I have compait to ther headoffifor ruude and unproffessional service.   Can I claim my loss of earnings against this dealer?   Should I start the process to reject the car now as it is still within 6 months from the date of purchase?   I have been to the same dealer twice for other fault like dashboard touch screen getting stuck , also front and rear window heater geting activated even if I  dont touch the buttons. 2nd issues was car was making noise, they told me it was a bracket broken at the front pannel of the car due to someone hit the car ( it was someone hit the car in the parking lot, and brrren the front ffog light's trim) which they charge 200 ponds for replaciing the bracket, but problems still there.   I will appreciate foryour kind advice. Thanks in advance.      
    • Go on holiday with it Dump the iva (it should be ended by now anyway max duration is 5yrs!!)   Whos it with?? Sounds like youve been had blind!!   Get a list of the debts up Send everyone a CCA request!   Bet 90% you dont even owe
    • Yes no problem remember to do a witness statement for your partner or anyone else that was there if you intend to rely on their evidence or wish them to be able to speak at a hearing  will be posted within the hour cheers
    • Hi DX100uk   Thanks for your message and also that you remembered my issues   I am still in iva but not paid them for 3 months.   After my redundancy in Mar I had to pay them 18.5k and thought I was close to ffs but they advised that due to redundancy payment treated as windfall (lol) they were changing the due amount from 81% to 100%   I did find another job after 6 weeks but am on probation for 6 months but its not going well as I am stressed from iva and new job.   The doctor has signed me off for 2 weeks with anxiety & referred me to a councillor, also written a letter for me to fwd to iva asking they allow me to settle early.   So far my original debts were 74k but proven debt was 61.5k    With my payments to date (including redundancy) I have paid in 54k and my girlfriends family are so worried about me they are offering 11k as gift for ffs   Payplan were going to terminate my iva and said it could well result in bankruptcy ( I have a flat with a mortgage) but equity of about 80k which I am worried they will go after   I spoke to pp today telling them how stressful this all was and it may well be that I don't pass my probation ( I am 59 btw so was lucky to find a job so quickly) Sorry to burden you with all this but I always respect your advice and knowledge, and PP have worried me by going for the 100% and bankruptcy warning   Thanks in advance 
  • Our picks

williamh

started on natwest

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4903 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

First of all I would just like to say what a truly fantastic forum this is and how helpful you all seem to be …...........

I only discovered it last week and I am now up most nights (much to the wife’s disgust) just reading and learning

Well a few years ago I was in the middle of a well you might call a sticky period .due to trying to sell my business because of ill health.

So you can guess the banks had a field day with me despite being a good loyal customer for over 15 years.

The worst case being charged £25.00 for a cheque issued to one of the credit reference agencies marked unpaid please represent and the cheque then being bounced again at another £ 25.00 charge…

I thought £50.00 charge for a £2.00 cheque this cant be right

From 2003 to 2004 I was charged constantly for going over drawn

At one stage I asked Barclays to close my account when I was £10.82 in credit, but because of other charges they refused to close the account and as a result they still continued to charge me interest and a few unpaid direct debit charges in which very quickly became a debt of £595.00 and a default resisted against me

My latest situation financially is very good my new business is booming and I am in very good health…..

So I am very eager to get my money back from the banks.

Mainly “BARCLAYS” then “NATWEST” and last but not least “THE ABBEY”

So today 5/ 5/2006

I popped into my current bank (natwest) and gave them a copy of the request for statements letter

Needless to say I will keep you informed of all developments

Best regards

William.

hi william,

good luck with natwest and the other banks. im having really bad problems with natwest at the mo. but if they think they got problems now - the best is yet to cum. u can read my story on here - natwest and the bailiff assault. i have also put an update on there.

good luck - keep us informed. :lol:

Hi all

Can anyone help me with this one please..?

2 weeks ago I handed in a request for bank statements, I actually gave the request to member of staff and I made a note of her name….

I said you can take £10.00 from my account or if you wish I can give you a cheque now.

She said there is no need to give her a cheque and if the bank wants any money they will take it from my account (I gave them authority to do so in my letter)

Well I received this letter from the bank today

Dear Mr. williamh

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

I write to you with regards to you recent letter requesting subject access under the data protection act 1998.

There are two options available to you

I will be happy to arrange for the bank statements that you have requested to be sent out directly, the fee for this is £5.00.

Alternatively, if you require a full subject request (SAR) the fee for this is £10.00

Blah blah

Yours sincerely

Natwest

So my question is do I send 5 or 10 pounds?

And do I still keep to my time limit of 40 days?

Kind regards

William.

Still keep your time frame and I think it's best to get the SAR.

You have already said for them to take the money so no need to send a check. Just tell them in your reply.

I will gladly donate 5% of reclaimed charges to CAG!

I would suggest you go for the £10 SAR because it is not just the statements you want, but any other info they hold, particularly manual intervention on their part. The 40 days usually starts from when they receive your payment, but I am not sure where you would stand as you gave them permission to take the payment in your letter. I don't know if they can do this. If not I guess the clock would start ticking from when they receive your payment. You could just give them a ring and remind them they already have authority and see if they can accept it. If not send the payment and the 40 days start again.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thanks for that chaps..

i think i will just send off the £10.00 and start again

regards.

A pleasure - good luck and keep us posted:)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4903 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you