started on natwest

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5312 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

First of all I would just like to say what a truly fantastic forum this is and how helpful you all seem to be …...........

I only discovered it last week and I am now up most nights (much to the wife’s disgust) just reading and learning

Well a few years ago I was in the middle of a well you might call a sticky period .due to trying to sell my business because of ill health.

So you can guess the banks had a field day with me despite being a good loyal customer for over 15 years.

The worst case being charged £25.00 for a cheque issued to one of the credit reference agencies marked unpaid please represent and the cheque then being bounced again at another £ 25.00 charge…

I thought £50.00 charge for a £2.00 cheque this cant be right

From 2003 to 2004 I was charged constantly for going over drawn

At one stage I asked Barclays to close my account when I was £10.82 in credit, but because of other charges they refused to close the account and as a result they still continued to charge me interest and a few unpaid direct debit charges in which very quickly became a debt of £595.00 and a default resisted against me

My latest situation financially is very good my new business is booming and I am in very good health…..

So I am very eager to get my money back from the banks.

Mainly “BARCLAYS” then “NATWEST” and last but not least “THE ABBEY”

So today 5/ 5/2006

I popped into my current bank (natwest) and gave them a copy of the request for statements letter

Needless to say I will keep you informed of all developments

Best regards

William.

hi william,

good luck with natwest and the other banks. im having really bad problems with natwest at the mo. but if they think they got problems now - the best is yet to cum. u can read my story on here - natwest and the bailiff assault. i have also put an update on there.

good luck - keep us informed. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Can anyone help me with this one please..?

2 weeks ago I handed in a request for bank statements, I actually gave the request to member of staff and I made a note of her name….

I said you can take £10.00 from my account or if you wish I can give you a cheque now.

She said there is no need to give her a cheque and if the bank wants any money they will take it from my account (I gave them authority to do so in my letter)

Well I received this letter from the bank today

Dear Mr. williamh

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

I write to you with regards to you recent letter requesting subject access under the data protection act 1998.

There are two options available to you

I will be happy to arrange for the bank statements that you have requested to be sent out directly, the fee for this is £5.00.

Alternatively, if you require a full subject request (SAR) the fee for this is £10.00

Blah blah

Yours sincerely

Natwest

So my question is do I send 5 or 10 pounds?

And do I still keep to my time limit of 40 days?

Kind regards

William.

Still keep your time frame and I think it's best to get the SAR.

You have already said for them to take the money so no need to send a check. Just tell them in your reply.

I will gladly donate 5% of reclaimed charges to CAG!

I would suggest you go for the £10 SAR because it is not just the statements you want, but any other info they hold, particularly manual intervention on their part. The 40 days usually starts from when they receive your payment, but I am not sure where you would stand as you gave them permission to take the payment in your letter. I don't know if they can do this. If not I guess the clock would start ticking from when they receive your payment. You could just give them a ring and remind them they already have authority and see if they can accept it. If not send the payment and the 40 days start again.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A pleasure - good luck and keep us posted:)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5312 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you