• Tweets

• Thanks HB. I never evaded fare before.  Should I send any email to ask my case or beg again to show that I indeed know I’m wrong? To be honest, I indeed find that I’m wrong and will never do such thing.
    • We never know how long they will take to respond, it depends on how busy they are. They also look through people's ticket history to see if everything is normal. If you haven't evaded fares before this won't be a problem for you but it takes time. It seems that train companies are doing this more and more. HB
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote there was no reply pack asking questions nor wanting Income & expenditure, so can't be a letter of claim. there are no 'court sanctions' at all should a defendant ignore a letter of claim, total poppy cockle!! very much the reverse, should a claimant NOT send a letter of claim before they raise a court claim, it's a very good browny point for a defendant !! stop worrying....i wish certain members would stop posting unnecessary personal speculation on threads... doesnt help anyone. if you DONT KNOW - DONT POST!! its a 2005 card anyway pre the revisions, sao cant use a recon and i'd expect a CCA request to fail.  this is cabot!! 99% of their debt portfolios are always unenforceable. just the mugs keep being ignorant cash cows is the only way they recently stayed in business.
    • Hi, everyone. It has been 18 days since I sent the begging letter, and I still haven't received a response. I've read some threads and found that OOC settlements are often responded to very quickly. Does this mean it will be difficult for me to receive an OOC settlement?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

James33 Taking On Abbey

JAMES33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Chloe it's fine to butt in!! The N1 form is the form you use to submit your claim to the Court. If you are at the defence stage, you must have submitted yours already either in person at the court or through moneyclaim online. Not sure about what happens after abbey have submitted their defence as you're a bit ahead of me, if you post on your own thread I'm sure someone with more experience than me will be able to help you! Good luck with your claim

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone help me - I have got £185 charges due to come out of my account on 10th March, I want to try to get abbey to refund them or not take them at all. I have been looking for a template letter to put the account into dispute so that they cannot take any further charges until the claim is settled but can't find it. I was also wondering if I could do this my phone - PLEASE HELP!:shock:

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Hey 33 - glad to see you're progressing.

I'm getting charged for March too - £300 odd. Will be last charges though as all DD's are cancelled now, etc.

I included them on my claim even though they haven't been taken yet, which I submitted about a week ago.

James

Thanks for your post James31, I am subscribed to your thread as you are ahead of me, hopefully your thread will give me some idea of what to expect! Good luck with your claim:D

Well, I phoned abbey yesterday about the £185 charges they were due to take from my account tomorrow. I just called the telephone banking people and asked them to cancel the charges. They seemed a little taken aback by my just asking for the whole lot to be cancelled and asked me why I wanted them cancelled. I told them that it was alot to take from someone on one day and that if they did it would leave me in financial difficulties. I went on to tell them that I was in the process of claiming all my charges back and would be filing at court on 20th March and if they did not cancel them I would add them to my claim anyway, but that I would really appreciate a goodwill gesture from them to encourage good customer relations. They went and spoke to their supervisor and came back to tell me that as I had already made a complaint and it was being dealt with by the complaints department they could not cancel all charges but would cancel £50 as a goodwill gesture. I pointed out that I had not complained, I had merely requested a refund of my bank charges which I consider unlawful. I also pointed out that at the present time, these charges did not form part of my claim and would only become part if I file at court when I would add them on. He went away to speak to supervisor again and then said they would cancel a further £55 making a total of £105 but if I did not accept this, they would mark it as reaching stalemate and would not cancel any at this time but would pass matter on to complaints dept. I decided to cut my losses and accept this amount as i didn't expect them to cancel any at all to be quite honest. I just wanted to post this to encourage others to have the confidence to challenge them if they say they can't refund or cancel any charges which they had told me before and I just accepted! Thanks to the information I have got from this site I felt confident enough to spout the law to them and to back up my argument - I'm sure others could do the same THANKS!!!

Hi J,

As they say "shy boys get nowt", so well done!! £105 is worth a phone call and nice one for sticking to your guns.

:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Been preparing my N1 Form tonight. Have managed to fill it in okay without too much trouble. Will be taking it to Worcester CC on Wednesday. Haven't heard a thing from Abbey and presume I won't before Wednesday. Will post again once claim is filed.:)

Great just keep on going. You will get what is rightfully yours. I am a little ahead of you. I will be filling in my allocation questoinnaire. I am feeling confident with the help of everyone from this site.

Hi all - about to file my claim tomorrow, have been dithering a bit about the interest to claim. At the moment I have filled out my N1 claiming the 8% interest but am seriously thinking of claiming the higher rate that Abbey charge on unauthorised overdraft (28.7% I believe or thereabouts) I know I've read some threads in the past where some have claimed this higher rate but can't find them at the moment. Just wondered whether its worth re-doing N1 including the higher interest rate but adding the 8% as a back up amount (hope this all makes sense!) Also, what are people's thoughts on posting N1 to court rather than hand delivering - certain it is filled out correctly otherwise I cannot get into Court until end of week.

WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP ASAP!!!!

Hi James, yes that is a good idea, try for the contractual but have the s69 as a backup.

Are you sure that you are not James Arrandale? :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks for the help and messages of support! - it really helps so much to know that others are right behind you. I will carry on searching for the threads that mention contractual interest and try to fill out another N1 tonight and will post it in the morning.

Yes - I'm sure I'm not James Arrandale (I consider myself to have far better taste in employers and am also 100% female ;-) )!!!!

(James is my surname)

Another quick question - sorry!! I have just completed my revised spreadsheet calculating compounded contractual interest and have noticed in the notes accompanying the spreadsheet that it says you cannot claim for both s.69 interest and contractual only one or the other. Please could a mod or someone else with some experience in this give me some advice as I really do not want to mess up my claim by putting both on my N1 when I'm not allowed!! (really tempting though looking at the figures that come out on the spreadsheet for contractual!!)

MANY THANKS!!!

Hi, that is correct you can only claim one or the other, if you complete a manual N1 and not mcol, then you can claim compound or in the alternative s69 interest, just so that you don't loose out should the judge not like to award compound, hope this helps

• Haha 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Sorry to seem a bit thick but isn't that the same as claiming both? Not sure of the wording to use on the N1 for this either. Thank you so much for all your help Lula - really appreciate it!!

Hi J,

Mad NIck is the man for Contractual Interest so have a read of this thread. If you understand it then go for it, but............8% is easier to understand

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/65701-contractual-interest-reclaiming-interest.html

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I am ready to file my claim hopefully tomorrow - this has been slightly delayed due to a very busy week at work! I have decided to stick to the 8% interest as I feel it is a bit too risky to try for the contractual rate - great respect for Mad Nick and Glenn for going for it though:). Does anyone know if you need to staple or paperclip the 3 copies of documents together for the Court or should I just leave them loose?

Big day tomorrow....... well done. You'll feel great once you've actually got the stamped copy with a claim number on it!

I'd staple everything together

Well i've finally filed my claim at Worcester County Court!!! Purse is £250 lighter but I feel surprisingly good now it's done. Should get claim number in a day or so and will post details when I do.

Well i've finally filed my claim at Worcester County Court!!! Purse is £250 lighter but I feel surprisingly good now it's done. Should get claim number in a day or so and will post details when I do.

Well done, good girl!! Doesn't it feel as though you've achieved something, and you'll get your 250 quid back as well!

Thanks Charleyfarley! Yes it feels great. Keep getting dirty looks off the staff in my local branch now because the last two times I have been in there have been customers in complaining about bank charges and asking for them to be refunded and the staff have said there is nothing they can do so I have put them right and told them about this site and said to ignore what the staff told them, they are unenforceable and they can claim them all back! :o Customers have been very pleased and both said they would do just that and thanked me. That made me feel almost as good as filing my claim! I am thinking of printing some leaflets with the CAG website address on and handing them out outside my local branch - I'm sure I would have lots of interested customers;)

am thinking of printing some leaflets with the CAG website address on and handing them out outside my local branch - I'm sure I would have lots of interested customers

I bet you would to, just wonder how long it would take to get the manager to come out and to ask you to move on :p

If he does I might just ask him to put a poster up in his window! I'm sure he wouldn't mind;)