James33 Taking On Abbey

JAMES33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi jackson five, First of all you need to start your own thread, just click on the new thread button and call it something like "jackson five -v- abbey" and then you need to read all the FAQ's and as many threads as you can to get an idea of the process and the pitfalls you might face along the way. Click on this link to find an a-z of useful threads on this site - very useful http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

Then just keep posting what you are doing, preferably before you do them so that someone can let you know if you are about to do something you shouldn't. Have a look at some of the success threads to - they will help to calm your nerves and give you a boost at times if your case seems to be dragging out. Most importantly, good luck!! Will keep an eye on your thread as others will.

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

This is a link to the templates library - all template documents and letters are in there, the first one to send is the subject access request letter (presuming you don't have all your statements already) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

sorry bit stupid where is new thread

click on here and away you go

newthread.gif

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

J.....................just reading your last post..................have you done something really bad to the abbey, because they clearly don't like you very much at all do they?

I can't believe the attitude they've taken on your claim:mad: :mad: :mad:

hang in there hun..........you'll get all your money back eventually:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Just had a phone call from Ronan Coyle at Ashursts, was hoping they were phoning to settle but no such luck. He offered me £5500 which I obviously refused. He was rather surprised when I told him that I had already been offered £7200 on 16th June and refused. He said he couldn't go any higher so I told him I'd wait until the court date as I knew they would pay up in full before then. What a load of bankers!

Hi, I have had a court date, which I could,nt make in the summer holidays, so wrote back to courts to inform them of this. in the meantime you gave me the e mail for inga, who I e mailed, but no reply, sent another basically saying please respond. I eventually got a reply saying they had moved offices, please send again. i was about to do that, then the next day got a letter from Abbey, settling in full with interest and court costs, so could'nt believe it. I have had no contact from them up in till now, so not sure what prompted it. I was just about to start getting all my bundle up together and was dreading the court bit, so really pleased, so all of you keep with it. I can now shut my shabbey account!!!!!

WOW Congratulations Tootsies!! I'm so pleased for you. Could do with a bit of good luck myself now. Court is really dragging its feet at the moment and I am feeling very frustrated, don't suppose my court date will be till September now at the earliest. Hope you really enjoy spending your money!!

Congratulations

You can close your account at any time, unless of course you have an overdraft to pay off, that you will be paying using the money you have got back, if you are you need to wait till the money is clear in your account then withdraw whats left and close account

:madgrin:

WOW Congratulations Tootsies!! I'm so pleased for you. Could do with a bit of good luck myself now. Court is really dragging its feet at the moment and I am feeling very frustrated, don't suppose my court date will be till September now at the earliest. Hope you really enjoy spending your money!!

Just keep hangi' in there James33, it's got to be your turn soon!!

Thank you for your kind message,my orginal court date was for the 3rd september and just had new date through for the 19th, that is at southampton. Keep your chin up and I will keep a eye out for your good news very soon:) .

Well still sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the court to pull their finger out and actually allocate my claim! I last spoke to them on Monday when they informed me that my file was still with the Judge (where it has been since 1st June!) and that I should leave it ten days and then phone again. Like hell, I will phone again tomorrow, reading lots of "I've Won" threads at the moment to lift my spirits but starting to feel like it will never be me. :( Has anyone else out there had to wait so long for their claim to be allocated, could it have something to do with the Abuse of Process order I used or do you think it is just the court's incompetence.

:sad: Has anyone else out there had to wait so long for their claim to be allocated, could it have something to do with the Abuse of Process order I used or do you think it is just the court's incompetence.

J33....................I've never come across such a long drawn out process elsewhere on here..............I'd keep pestering the courts, because the allocation process is usually 14 days or thereabouts..............not 10 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Well I made a complete nuisance of myself with the Court this morning, I explained that I had been waiting for my allocation questionnaire to be dealt with since the beginning of June and I could not understand what was taking them so long. I insisted they find my file and give me a reason for the delay. They were very apologetic and said they were snowed under with similar claims at the moment and I explained that if I could get a court date, it would enable me to negotiate a settlement with abbey as they were refusing to speak to me until this happened and then this claim could be settled quickly and court space freed up for more important cases. She was very kind and promised to find my file and call me back. She called back this afternoon and said that (amazingly!) my case had now been dealt with by the Judge and that it had been allocated to small claims and I should receive notification of the date in the post in the next few days. She couldn't tell me the date over the telephone, but at least something is happening at last. Hopefully I will be able to resume negotiations with abbey some time next week - I believe Inga is back on the 23rd - Happy days!

J

Nice to hear of some positive progress at last :) :)

Still haven't received anything through the post from the Court, shouldn't take too long now. I emailed Ronan again the other day to say I would agree to settle for £7500 if they would agree within the next 7 days but haven't heard anything yet - no surprise there then! I suppose I just have to learn to be patient:roll:

Spoke to the Court again yesterday as I had still not heard anything from them through the post and they said that although my claim had been allocated they still had to find a slot for the hearing date and type out the order. The person responsible was in court herself yesterday but they were going to leave a message for her for when she got back asking her to deal with it asap. Was a bit disappointed because Matt (on here also from Worcester) only submitted his AQ at the beginning of July and has already received a court date of 24th August! I don't think they like me much at the Court!

Have been reading lots of threads about the OFT test case and have decided that I will phone the court on Monday to find out what their position is regarding existing claims. If they are carrying on I will wait and see when my court date is and start preparing my bundle. If however, they are going to be staying all cases, I will contact Inga and agree to settle for the £7200 she offered me a few weeks ago as I have read that they are obliged to honour previous settlement offers. I think this will be a sensible thing to do under the circumstances but would welcome any comments;-) Keep strong everyone, and thanks to everyone on here who has kept the information and good advice coming!!

good luck james skeggsy

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

what worries me about the whole thing is the banks may use this high court test case to their advantage, now that the banks can see that there is some panic in the air i wonder if the amount that they offer will become less and less knowing some will settle because of the worry about outcome of the case, but saying that i think you are right to settle for the £7200 and i wish you all the luck. let me know what happens

Hi J

Personally, as we could end up waiting a lot time for our money, and are heading into little unchartered waters, with an amount like you have been offered, i would personally take the £7200.00. it is a lot of money to have hanging in the air.

A lot of people will say stick it out, but that is potentially a lot of money to have hanging over your head. ring the court first and see whether they are potentially going to stay your case before you make a decision.

Spoke to the Court this morning, they have still not listed my claim, they have a backlog (Oh really!!) and although they can't tell me how long it will take before it is listed they did confirm that the court date will be some time in September:( On a slightly brighter note, they were not aware of the OFT test case and nothing has changed in the way they are dealing with cases at the moment, they are still processing claims as usual. Still tempted to contact Abbey about the £7200 though, I will have a think about it.